31

My 12 Guardians

As Sungyeol walked out if the room you collapsed to the floor, back leaning onto the sky blue wall. Your hands curled up into fists on the floor. A floor that felt way too familiar. It felt like home. Like Earth. Questions danced around as well as fear, seemingly mocking you in your own head. 

'How did he.... how does he still exist? He should be dead. It's been thousands of years. He's human. Dead. He should just be dead! What the hell is going on?! What kind of sick joke is this?!' You mumbled to yourself like a crazy person. Suddenly you thought of something... more like someone....

'Chanyeol. Where is he? Where.... he was there when I got caught. Oh my god. What happened to Chanyeol?' Your heart rate became faster and faster until yu felt your breath shortening and your heart seemed to squeeze you from the inside out.

*Damn it my asthma....* you thought to yourself clutching your chest. The world around you became blurry as it revolved around and around in your vision, until the world became black although there was only one image lingering in your brains.

*Chanyeol.... Yeollie.*

******************************

Somehow Chanyeol heard your voice. He knew it was in his head, but he still heard it.... and your voice sounded so real and painful when you called his name.

*She sounded like she was calling for help....* Chanyeol punched his hand into the ice cold walls. Usually there would have been a dent in the walls but his power and stregnth was so deteoriated that he just simply hurth imself. Chanyeol could feel the ice cold air travel through his blood stream, slowly freezing his fiery veins. The heat that tend to surge through him was gone. The guardian was now only a normal human, with a heart that was almost frozen to death. Chanyeol's breath became weak, his legs gave in and then his whole body.

*No... I.... I can't sleep.... if I do then I'll die...* Chanyeol screamed to himself inside his head. But no matter what the guardian told himself, his eyes still closed. And like Savior his body stopped moving. Laying on the freezing floor thae fire weilder was on the brink of death. Lucifer seemed closer than ever. 

*******************************

'How much longer until we reach Niflheim Xiumin?' kris asked yelling from the back of the space ship.

'We're almost there. About five more minutes. Everyone should sit down and buckle in. It's gonna be a rough landing.' Xiumin answered. The 11 guardians sat in the respective seats. Kai once again huffed to himself. 

'I don't see why I couldn't teleport us all to the planet. It would have been quicker that way.' Kai began to fidgit in his seat, his heart pounding in fear for his guardian brother Chanyeol, and you who where captives.

'I know you want to save Savior and Yeollie, Kai, but there's no way your teleportation would work.' Said D.O. putting a comforting hand on Kai's shoulder.

'Xiumin already told you that Niflheim has a ice cold barrier around it that would just kill you if you tried to teleport all of us.' Suho added onto D.O's words. Kai sunk down in his chair, feeling inadeqate in knowing that his powers were lacking.

'We're landing. Hold on tight everyone.' Xiumin announced towards the back of the ship. The guardians felt a rumble and the further they moved the shaking got rougher. They all felt the burst of cold air that the tightly sealed aircraft couldn't even keep out. Suddenly, without any warning, Xiumin landed the space ship with a ear piercing thud. 

'Remind me to beg the king to give you flying and landing lessons.' Chen mocked glaring at Xiumin's lack of control of the wheels on the ship.

'Yeah yeah yeah whatever. Let's just get out of this place. I can already hear the ice cold snow calling for me.' Xiumin said his face was filled with giddyness and glee as he felt the cold that powered his body so much.'

'Don't be too happy hyung. We're not here to play.' Tao reminded. But Xiumin just tsked in response.

'I know our goal panda. But in this palce, I'm the strongest. You and your wushu is pretty nice but on Niflheim, I'm King. And this ice guardian is about to kick some .!' 10 of the guardians laughed loudly at Xiumin's confidence.

'Well then what are we waiting for? Let's go and prove Xiumin hyung's stregnth!' Said Sehun running into the cold snow.'

'Hey!! Wait for me maknae!' Luhan called out after Sehun.

'Well we might as well follow the youngsters.' Said Lay looking forward to the rescue trip himself because he knew they would win this fight against your kidnappers. After they all had left Baekhyun was the last to leave the ship. Light radiated from his body, expressing his will and determination. He was ready to fight to the death in order to save the two most important peoples in his life. 

*We're coming Savior. We're coming Chanyeol.*

Sungyeol grinned to himself as he saw the 11 guardians run towards the ice base. 

'Keep coming guardians. No matter how much you fight, I'll still win. And Hana will always belong to me.'

******************************

Chanyeol felt a splash of water hit his face like a smack given to him. He could even feel the water quickly turning into little ice droplets as the froze to his cheeks and forhead. The guardian's body was limp as he hung on the cross, his back to the wooden sticks and his arms stretched into T formation. Chanyeol cringed as another bucket of water slapped him. He looked so pitiful with the numb purple lips and frosted body. The eyelashes that use to be so full where now almost gone and covered in ice. Chanyeol wanted to open his eyes but the ice seemed to kepp them closed along with his lack of power over his muscles. Even though his body was in a horrid state Chanyeol's brain still worked. He cursed at his inadequacy in proctecting you, and himself as he listened to the voices in the icy jail cell with him. 

'I don't know why master Sungyeol is making us do this to the kid. The guy's practically dead.' A man's voice said. Chanyeol felt a hand smack him across his face, this time it wasn't from water. The fire weilder let out a deep groan of pain from his throbbing cheeks.

'He's almost dead. But he still has feelings, and that means our job isn't done yet. Master Sungyeol said to torture him until he dies..' Another man's voice spoke up. 

*That heartless bastard.* Chanyeol thought to himself. Then thinking of all the immoral things Sungyeol would do to you if he had the heart to torture people to death. The thought made him tremble in fear for your life. 

******************************

You woke to a soft humming, and a pair of familiar arms that were wraped around you. Feeling the warmth, you snuggled into them even more.

'Hana... you have to wake up now. Hana, my dear....' You looked up half awake at the voice.

*Was that Sungyeol oppa?* You closed your eyes to go back to sleep feeling comfortable in Sungyeol's arms but then the gears in your head began to remember what happened before your asthma attack. You shot up out of bed and out of Sungyeol's arms, your head getting a little bit dizzy from the sudden rush of blood. You swayed from side to side trying to regain your balance. 

'Hana are you okay?!' Sungyeol ran to you within two easy steps and held your frail frame close to him. Once you had regained balance you pushed him away glaring at the boy with your beady eyes. 

'What are you doing here? Did you come to kill me?!' 

'Of course not! I saw you fainting from the security cameras. You idiot, you have no idea how worried I was!'

'Why would you ever worry about me....'

'Because you're my sweet Hana... and....'

'I told you I'm not that girl!'

'Fine... I know what will make you confess.' Sungyeol dragged you to a room filled with countless screens. He pointed to the wide screen at the far right. There you saw the horrid image that made you want to die right then and there, because the reason you were living was gone.