38

My 12 Guardians

‘Hello there, who are you?’ a female figure opened the door greeting D.O. She looked him up a down and her eyes widened in shock.

‘You… you… you’re in armor! You’re wearing armor!’ D.O.’s eyes furrowed in a confused manner, questioning to himself why the armor would make his appearance any more strange to the human.

‘You’re friends with Kris right?! Kris had that same armor on!’ The girl exclaimed once again holding onto his arm and dragging him into the familiar apartment room.

‘In Young ah, what are you doing?’ Another girl walked out from the kitchen doors. That familiar door D.O. distinctly remembered you walking in and out of, making food for the guardians. In another corner of the room he saw a glimmering of metal reflecting the lamp light. The girl named In Young wasn’t lying. That really was Kris’s armor.

‘Hey, who are you?’ The other girl asked.

‘Hello, my name is D.O. I’m….. Kris’s brother.

*

The two girls that stood in front of D.O. stared appalled at his words.

*Brothers? This short guy was Kris’s brother? No way. Also, what about the other guy hanging on D.O.’s back? Was he also a brother?* In Young wondered to herself but none the less led the two past Hye Mi to the kitchen where Kris stood up so fast when setting his eyes on D.O. and Kai that the chair he was sitting on fell backwards making Hye Mi jump.

‘Yah! You’re going to make the people below us come up here and complain!’ She yelled but the two conscious guardians ignored her childish voice and just stared at each other relief washing over their faces.

‘D.O.! Thank the gods of Exo I’m not alone!’ Kris exclaimed taking two simple steps to embrace D.O. who collapsed when in Kris’s arms, Kai’s weight finally getting to the small guardian.

‘I’m so thankful to see you Kris but we don’t have time to talk about thanks. What we need to do is find the rest of the guardians. Kai, he’s barely breathing. I could barely feel his heartbeat walking to here, and I’m sure you’ve noticed Chanyeol’s energy wave is gone too.’ D.O. assessed with Kris on the couch that was set in the center of the familiar living room. The two girls have gone out to buy another set of clothing for D.O., and to give the two additional privacy from the small secluded apartment. Kai was laying in a small bedroom, his skin getting paler as each second passed.

'We need to find the others. Lay might be able to heal Kai and Chanyeol. But, how do we find them? You and I never perfected our tracking skills. That was always Lay's job.' Kris said rubbing a finger on his temples trying to do away with a headache that seemed to be building to be more and more painful.

'Tracking.... don't we have trackers in our armor?!' D.O. Exclaimed taking off the metal plate that hung on his chest. A thin black wife beeter hung on his small but muscular frame after all the heavy protection was off. He and Kris sorted through every piece of Exo technology that wasnt broken and sadly, the tracker was gone. Probably blown to smitherine, its remains floating some where between the dimensions of Earth and Niflhiem.

'What about your armor?' D.O. asked Kris nodding towards the ruined lump of iron laying in front of the bedroom door Kai was in.

'Everything of mines is broken. Are we seriously stuck? What are we suppose to do? The others wouldn't know to find us here.'

'Savior. This is her old living quarters!' D.O. said his wide eyes widening even more.

'And?' Kris questioned not knowing how that fact would help the two.

'Luhan will come back here like me. None of them has anywhere to go, so they'll come here.' Explained D.O.

'So now we need to wait.' Kris concluded,

*Wait. Oh how I hate waiting.* Kris thought his blood boiling with impatience.

_______________________________________________________________________

A/N: Bad chapter, bad update, short one, aosdhfnao;dj I felt so guilty not updating for weeks. ): I'm trying my best but even with school out i still have camp and summer homework for my advance placement classes >.< author nim is going crazy with stress... my insomnia isn't helping either. But hey I hope you all don't give up on me because I still REALLY love this story and the story line is going to be more neat and tidy soon! Promise!