18

My 12 Guardians

'What?! What did you just ask me?!' You demanded looking at the gaurdian that stood before you.

'It's a simple uestion peasant girl. What is your name? Or are you too stupid to even answer that question?' Kris asked looking at you the arrogance in his voice radiated from his mouth into your ears making you feel even more annoyed than before.

'You took me here. On this moutain that has no way of escape, to ask me my name?! ARE YOU INSANE?!' 

'Yes.'

'No. I'm not telling you. Because you're obviously crazy and I don't have to talk to you. I'll find a way down this hell hole myself!' You turned your back to Kris and once again looked down the cliff that seemed bottomless.

*How in the world and I going to get down there?*

'I am a gaurdian of this planet and I demand for you to tell me what I want to know!' Kris said taking a firm grip onto your wrist. Pulling you away from the scary ledge and closer to his body. 

'No.'

'Tell me.... what I want to know!'

'Okay then! I'm a 17 year old girl living in the capital village of Exo Planet. My family owns a bakery and I'm the younges daughter with and older brother. Good enough for you annoying ?! Now take me home!'

'Give me your name.'

'Urghh you're so annoying! Kang Hana okay?! I'm just a simple girl with a simple name and a simple identity so can you please take me home?!'

'Say that again.' Kris said his eyes widening at your statements. His pupils glistened and the expression rendered him confused.

'Say what?!!! I'm a simple....'

'No no not that your name. Say it again. Once more......'

'Kang Hana. My name is Kang Hana. You said you would take me home now can we leave?!'

'Kang Hana..... Why does that name sound so...... familiar.' Kris asked himself letting go of your wrist and walking towards the edge of the moutain. His foot left the solid ground and he floated down slowly on his own.

'Hey! Where are you going!? He nimrod! You were suppose to get me down from here!!! Hey!!' You screamed and yelled and even threw a few pebbles at the gaurdian but he simply floated further and further away from you.

'Hey! Get me down from here!' HEY!' Eventually you lost sight of Kris and you felt the fog getting thicker. The scent of flowers no longer filled the air and everything seemed dark and omnious.

'What the hell is that guy thinking?! Leaving me all stranded up here! Urghoalisekhdfnaoiesd!! Stupid gaurdian! I hate you I hate you I hate you so much!' You screamed from the top of the moutain. 

'I hate you and I hate all your gaurdian brothers too! I hate all you stupid gaurdians!!'

'Excuse me? That's quite offensive you mere peasant.' A boy's voice popped up from behind you making you jump in suprise loosing your footing. You closed your eyes getting ready to fall to your death but then.... and arm wrapped around your waist and pulled your body back to safety. As you opened your eyes you met with a beautiful face. Tosseled curly hair and a baby face that was placed way to close to yours.

'You should be more careful miss....' The boy spoke and his voice...... was shocking. He had the face of a kid, but a voice even deeper than your fathers. You jumped out of his arms and toppled to the ground next to his feet.

'Wha.... wha..... who are you?!' You demanded getting up from your fall and taking small steps backing away from the stranger.

'Well I'd like to ask you the same thing.' The boy said.

'How did you get up here?!'

'How did YOU get up here?' The boy countered your question with another.

'Urgh you're so annoying why don't you answer me?' You exclaimed loudly.

'Awh... you look so cute when you're mad. But I'm getting tired of playing games. My name's Park Chanyeol. Exo planet's gaurdian.'

'Why are you here?'

'I'm visiting my pet. It's dinner time for him.' Chanyeol said making your eyes widen.

'Dinner?! It's dinner time?! Already?! What?!!' You yelled in suprised at the time that slipped through your fingers. It was mid noon when Kris brought you up to the moutain.

'Yeah it's five pm now. Or around that time.' Answered Chanyeol disregarding you and slowly walking towards a cloud of fog that seemed thicker than that around it. The ground around the cloud seemed parched and dry even in the moist atmosphere. Maybe even burned. You stood there speculating your environment un aware that Chanyeol's figure was slowly disappearing. Once you came back to reality he was gone.

'Oh great. I'm alone. Again.' You let out a huff and started to walk in the fog around you as it got heavier and heavier and heavier. Until it reached a point where you were walking in circles. Each step you took led to and unknown. The ground seemed to disappear around you and all you could see was your feet and the flowers that were crushed under them. The sun was setting little by little making you even more scared of what could happen.

'Urghaolisedkf! This is all those gaurdians fault! If the would have never terrorized our market place I would be home. With mom and dad and oppa. Why do I have to......' And then you fell. You lost your footing again not able to see where you were walking and you fell off the edge of the moutain. Closing your eyes you prepared for the worse. The moutain was tall so it felt like you've fallen for a while now. Still, no hard, pointed rock has jabbed at you yet and it not longer felt like you were dropping. With your small hands you felt around. The air felt..... soft. Like cotton feathers. And although it was night time now  the air was warm. Like it was resonating some kind of heat. Bravely you opened your right eye and then your left. Fog was quickly passing by and it felt like you were... flying on something.

*What the....* Then you heard a caw and the ground below you shook. Looking down you saw what was lying beneath. You were perched on a flying animal. The being had flaming red orange feathers that literally was on fire. But it didn't burn you. Following the outline of it's spine you realized what the being was. A phoenix. According to Exo's history there were three main scared animals that represented three special skilled gaurdians. First was a dragon. A creature that stood for flight. Secon was a unicorn. It's kind nature and beautious presence represented healing. And lastly th emost strang a majestic creature of all, was a phoenix. There were only two left living on Exo planet and the tamed one belonged to none other than the gaurdian that controlled fire. You began to shiver knowing this informathing. There were two possibilities that could branch from this. One, the more desirable out come, was that this phoenix belonged to a gaurdian. Hopefully the boy named Chanyeol that you saw earlier. And second.... it could be a untamed phoenix. Picking you up as it's meal.

*Dear gods of Exo planet.... If you care for this citizen at all... please..... don't let me die!*

*********************

'Arghhasoelidk oh my god I'm so mad! How could he?! What the hell is he thinking? She was my person to take care of! I had her first!'

'Would you hush D.O. Kris will come back and then you can yell at him. Stop annoying me.'

'You don't understand Kai...'

'Of course I do. You're trying to keep peace and show the citizens that us gaurdians are finally back and working together and we mean no harm. But isn't saving this boy already proving our sincerity.?' Kai heckoned to his brother gaurdians. He pointed to the boy that D.O. had brought back to the castle with him. His name was..... Taemin.

'But that girl....'D.O. began to reason again.

'That girl is just a normal girl. Don't worry about it.'

'It's not like that Kai. That girl. Is someone I know. She looks and seems to act different from the other citizens I feel a connection. A very strong connection. Like she was apart of my forgotten memory or something. I don't even know how to explain this.' D.O. scratched his head in frustration. Kai walked over and patted his brotheren on the shoulders. He himself was beginning to become curious . What girl could have this kind of effect on D.O.? He was definetly going to find out why this amazing citizen was.