33

My 12 Guardians

'I've never loved you people. You were nothing to me.'

*You were nothing to me.... nothing to me.... nothing... to... me.* Your words rang clear in Baekhyung's ears. The guardians were nothing to you. Those words pierced him in his heart from one layer to th enext. It felt like a needle covered in poision was poking at his every vein trying to kill him from the inside out. Baekhyun wanted to bring his arm up and squeeze the emptiness in his chest but your words had paralyzed him.

*How could she say that to us?* Baekhyun thought to himself.

*She told us back on Earth that she loved us. She.... she told me that she loved me. Savior.... where is that Savior now?* Baekhyun's eyes stared you down. He searched from the tips of your fingers deep into the diallated pupils in your eyes. Baekhyun scanned for any sign of affection that still lingered around you, but there was none.

*Is this the girl I fell in love with? Is this the girl I was willing to fight my brothers for? What happened to the innocent Savior I met on Earth that took my breath away the first time I saw her? You aren't Savior. Maybe this girl was telling the truth when she kept saying that she wasn't Savior.* Through the deep thought Baekhyun blocked out any other sounds but he faintly heard Kai's voice saying goodbye. Before turning around to his guardian brother he caught a glimpse that stopped him in his tracks. And it took him back. Back to the time where your eyes were filled with love. Your facade broke down and there you were. Baekhyun's light shined through your act and he breathed a sigh of relief. 

*There's my Savior....*

**********************************

 

‘Kai! No Kai stop it!’ You screamed racing over to your fallen guardian. He fell into your arms blood soaking the silver blade that was in his chest and his clothing. You wrapped your arms around Kai, tears streaming down your face.

‘Why did you do this you idiot?! What the hell were you thinking?!’ Your quivering voice said through the tears.

‘Your eyes…. Savior….. they say that you love me.’ Kai stated mustering a little smile.

‘Of course I love you! I love you with all my heart. I love every single one of you guardians with all of my soul. So please, please live so I can continue loving you all…’ You begged as you saw Kai’s eyes slowly close.

‘Lay save him! Save him!’ Lay stepped up from behind Luhan and started to put his hand on Kai’s wound until you saw an arrow pierce the healer’s shoulder. The yellow light the emitted from Lay’s hand disappeared as he fell down onto you in pain. You snapped your head away from the group of guardians to Sungyeol.

‘Why are you doing this?! You said you wouldn’t hurt them you’re breaking your promise!’ You yelled to the tall guy that was sitting arrogantly on his ice throne.

‘I told you Hana that you have to stay by my side. But look at you. You’re over there with the guardians. If you can’t keep your promise then why should I keep mine?!’ Sungyeol’s voice boomed in the large throne room.

‘Why are you keeping me with you? Sungyeol…. Oppa….. you know that even if I’m here I’ll be nothing but a carcass. Can’t you see that the only reason I’m alive, the only reason I can still be Kang Hana is because of these guardians? I depend on these 12 guys to live. Oppa, if you really care for me then let me leave with them. Stop hurting these guys. They’re my reason to live. Because without them I’m nothing.’ You said choking back the tears. All the guardians looked at you in awe, heart touched by your kind words to them. You could feel their love and care and it gave you strength. You could even sense it from the unconscious Chanyeol, the hurt Lay, and half dead Kai.

‘Hana, you know I’ll do whatever I can to help you…’ These words reached your ears and it perked you up for a split second because you thought you saw hope but, of course you were mistaken.

‘I’ll do whatever I can to help you, but, no matter what I can’t let you go. Even if it’s your carcass standing next to me it’s okay. Because if I can’t have your heart, no one can.’ Sungyeol stood up and with one wave of his hand guards covered in ice armor marched out from the shadows, weapons in hand ready to attack at one command from Sungyeol.

‘Tao, leave Chanyeol here with Savior. Lay, you’re hurt so stay here with Savior and Kai. The rest of you guardians, get ready to fight. Cause we’re getting out of here. Alive. Every. Single. One of us.’ Kris said staring at no one but Sungyeol. You panicked at the thought of your guardians fighting. It was nine against the countless millions, and so there was no way they could win.

‘Sungyeol pleas let them go! I’ll stay! I’ll stay so don’t attack!’ You yelled heart beat racing faster and faster.

‘Too late Hana. I can’t trust your words anymore. It’s time to use force.’ Sungyeol never turned his face to look at you, only staring dead set at Kris.

‘Don’t worry Savior. We’re stronger than you think.’ Suho placed a hand on your shoulder and gave you that smile that always reassured you.

‘Attack!’ Sungyeol yelled. The guardians in a flash sprang into action faster than a bullet. You saw Chen and Xiumin knock down one guard after the other like bowling pins. Sehun blew away hundreds of guards at once, sometimes making his wind sharp enough to cut the guards in half. D.O. and Luhan were working together. D.O. using his strength to break ice from the floor, and Luhan using his telekinesis to stab the sharp shards into the guards’ chests. Baekhyun used his light to blind his opponents as Tao punched the life out of the guards one by one alongside Suho. Kris was the one you were most worried about. He was up by the throne fight. The strange thing was that even though Sungyeol was human, he seemed to move faster than Kris and every single punch he threw had immense strength.

*How the hell did he become like this?* You wondered. You watched as Kris threw punch after punch, but not being able to hit Sungyeol even once. The flyer on the other hand had excessive bruises and wounds on his face. Sungyeol grabbed Kris by the collar and glared into his eyes.

‘You can’t win guardian! Hana is going to be mine!’

‘How dare you say Savior’s name?! How dare you dirty her name by saying it you bastard!’ Kris yelled this time landing a strong hit on Sungyeol’s cheek.

‘She was mine first so I’ll call her whatever I want to!’

‘Just because you knew her before us doesn’t mean she belongs to you! Savior belongs to herself. Have some respect if you really care for her!’

‘Oh stop acting like a chivalrous knight in shining armor you stupid guardian! You know the only reason you’re here is to save your love! You’re saving Hana for yourself! So you can keep her to yourself!’ Sungyeol kicked Kris in the stomach making him fly across the room. In no time at all Kris flew back to the throne unscathed.

‘I’m saving her because she’s important to all of us guardians and Exo!’ Kris yelled back.

‘Oh, so she’s important to Exo planet. That wretched place that will eventually kill her! Don’t think I don’t know Kris. Hana is called Savior for a reason. When you guardians came to Earth you were looking for a pure life source for the Tree of Life to feed off of. That damn tree is going to the entire life source out of Hana. You know well enough what’ll happen to a person with no life source right? They’ll die. You want to kill her! You’re saving her to kill her! To sustain your planet!’ Sungyeol ranted making Kris freeze in a single spot.

‘I won’t let her die.’ Kris said his voice quivering just a bit.

‘Oh but you have to. You have to choose between her or your planet. And something tells me you’ve already made your decision.’

‘I... I’ll find a way. Because…’

‘Because what? Because you love her? Because you’re the guardians Duizhang?! How laughable. Give it up Kris. You look tough but you can’t even protect Hana. You’re a failure! Remember what happened before Hana was found?! You almost led your brother into death! D.O. almost died because of you! Don’t forget that Kris. I’ll repeat it again. You’re a failure.’ Sungyeol’s every word stabbed Kris one by one making his emotions fall like and avalanche. Kris turned his head and looked to his brothers that were fighting in the room. They were losing, he could see that. But they all were still fighting. He looked to Lay who was cringing in pain from the arrow still stuck in his arm. The Duizhang glanced to dead Chanyeol lying next to the also half dead Kai. Then he looked lastly to you. Your expression held fear, worry, and almost despair. But, there was still hope in you. And so with that shard of hope Kris saw he straightened himself out.

‘You’re wrong Sungyeol. I’ll protect my guardian brothers even after my mistake. I’ll save Savior now and even from the Tree of Life in the future. I’ll also save Exo planet without killing her. Because I’m Kris. Because I’m Duizhang. Because I’m a guardian. Because I have HOPE!’ Sungyeol tsked but then the ceiling above him began to shake, sprinkling icy powder onto his head.

‘From deep in the fiery mountains, I call upon you. My helper. Come. And save us all. Nikitis….’ And after Kris’s chant, all the fighting in the throne room stopped. What came crashing from the ceiling was a black winged dragon, roaring in flames, with a phoenix following close behind. The real fight has begun. And in the fighting guardians head they all thought one thing.

*Time to win.*

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : Hello there my beautiful subbies!! How are you all? Long time no talk. I hope really do hope you like the update. OH! And guess what?! I'm on spring break!! So you all know what this means! Update update update every single day for the rest of this week and the next! Omg that hasn't happened in months! Remember to comment and show me that  you still love the fic! And you know... cause Sehun loves you.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgpxjTTbEDiH4SWa9EEJY

Or else Kris will find you..... and..... Kill........... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6qRqTYL0rFf0FNf1fepq

Lol i at finding funny pics but you all know what i mean. Comment to show me you care. ^^ until next time subbies!! Annyeon!