What Do You Mean?

Fairy's Fools (B.A.P)

Daehyun’s POV

Lately I’ve been so lifeless and weak almost as if I was sick. I guess I am sick now since I didn’t even want to leave my room. Nothing aches more then my chest. My heart…

“My Prince, Himchan is here to see you.” Hyung Sun shouted.

“Oh.” I said as I pulled all of my energy together to sit up. Once Himchan stepped into the room he just looked at stared at me.

“Are you seriously going to be like this?” He said almost madly but his tone wasn’t that loud.

“I don’t want to be like this either but… it is what it is.” I said tiredly.

“I suppose you’ve had enough time to think it over  and the answer is already apparent.” He said but I couldn’t think much about it.

‘What does he mean?’ I wondered.

“Here.” He said and placed hi hand on the table. He then retreated his hand and the key was sitting there on the table.

‘W-what…?’ I widened my eyes.

“Follow your heart.” Himchan said his usual quote.

“H-hyung…” I was happy yet shocked. Himchan seemed really uncomfortable and didn’t know what to say at first.

“I’m sorry that I’ve been really strict and opposed your opinions. I just wanted you to make the right choice.” He said avoiding my gaze.

“I know what you mean. I… I still don’t know what’s the right choice.” I said softly.

“Isn’t it obvious? Look at you all pale and weak.” Himchan said loudly.

“I’m surprised myself.” I managed to smile. I didn’t think I had fallen for Yongguk that much but I guess I have.

“Follow your heart.” Himchan said once again.

“I’ve been like this before and the answer is to just follow you heart where ever it leads you. What is important is that you stay safe… and happy.” Himchan said making me quiver in the inside.

“Why are you saying such cheesy words?” I chuckled.

“It’s just. I feel bad now that I think about it. So what if you like another guy… So what if you enjoy going to the future…Tsk~ It’s not me is it?” He smiled widely.

“Exactly” I went along with his joke. Even though Himchan is saying that I know that he’s worried for me. I’m taking such a strange path in life so who knows what’s ahead.

“Don’t worry. I won’t cause any trouble. I’ll just leave and then come back in no time.” I said confidently.

“Aren’t you worried that there might be some problems with time traveling?” Himchan asked me making me pause.

“Even just traveling to another city is difficult but this.. it’s through time. What if you won’t be able to come back here.. or not go to the right time where Yongguk is at?” He asked me. Truthfully I didn’t have an answer.

“That won’t happen.” I said trying to brainwash myself.

“Okay I’ll let you go do what ever you want” He said sliding the key over to me.

“Only if it is completely safe.” He said not removing his hand from the key.

“Yes, I trust in Zelo and his work.” I said hoping that he will not mess up.

“Zelo… I don’t like him.” Himchan hissed.

“But.. it seems like he knows what he’s doing.” Himchan finally removed his hand.

“So.. you’re letting me go?” I said as I reached over to the key. Himchan just glanced at me and nodded a little.

“Thank you hyung.” I quickly picked up the key.

“Are you going now?” He asked me.

“Should I?” I asked all excited as I stood up.

“Ay-hey~ look at you all energized now.” Himchan stood up as well.

“It’s been a while. It been even longer for Yongguk!” I said and was about to leave when we heard a loud bang in the back where my reading area was.

*BAM! *

“What was that?” Himchan and I both jumped and looked back there.

“Did your book case fall over?” Himchan asked me.

“What was that my Prince!” Hyung Sun shouted from outside

“I-I don’t know.” I was a bit worried so I slowly walked towards the back.

“Should I come in My Prince?!” Hyung Sun asked. I didn’t answer him and just continued back there with Himchan beside me. When I got closer I heard some sounds. Kind of like grunts and groans.

“Ahh~” I heard. Just the I saw two people on the floor.

“Huhh!” I gasped and my eyes widened.

“Y-Yongguk!” I was surprised to see him.

“Daehyun!” Yongguk was surprised as well.

“My Prince! Should I-“

“NO! YOU…! You stay out there! Everything is fine! Don’t come in here!” Himchan answered him for me. I was just focused on Yongguk.

‘Yongguk.. Is it really you?’ I was so happy to see him as I took a step closer to him.

“Yongguk-ah” I rushed over to his side and helped him up.

“Me too!” Zelo groaned as he reached over for my help. I grasped his hand and pulled him up onto his feet as well.

“So this is what happens to you every time.” Zelo said dusting his clothes.

“W-what are you two doing where? W-why?” I was stuttering because I was so confused, surprised, and happy at the same time.

“It’s been a while. How have you been? You look a bit pale. Are you okay?” Yongguk asked me as he looked right into my eyes.

“I-I’m fine. What about you? It must have been so long. You even look different. I said examining his features.

“Ah-hem~!” Zelo cleared his throat as well at Himchan.

“Hands off” Himchan pointed to us without looking. I slowly let go of Yongguk and he did the same.

“Why are you here? This usually doesn’t happen does it?” Himchan asked them.

“Yeah. We came to tell you guys something.” Zelo started before starting to look nervous.

‘What is it?’ I was worried. I exchanged glances with Yongguk before over to Zelo.

“Well… to make things short. We won’t be able to use the portal between the past and the future anymore.” He said making me jolt a bit.

“W-what do you mean?” I was confused. I felt like I understood him but then I didn’t. I looked at Yongguk for an answer but he just kept quiet and looked very sad.

“Are you saying that it’s not possible to go back and forth anymore?” Himchan asked me.

“Yes… My father founded out about the portal and told me to seal it. He said it can lead to huge disaster so… I have to get rid of it.” Zelo explained softly.

“We came here… to say goodbye for one last time.” Yongguk finally said something.

“What are you saying?” I was taken back.

“No, there must be another way. The key. I have the key. You can just-“

“I have to close the portal, Daehyun. If I leave it as it is it will be difficult to control as time goes by.”

“What is there to control?” I insisted that it wasn’t a problem.

“It can get dangerous and all sorts of changes will occur to the human life.’

“But-“

“He’s right Daehyun.” Yongguk stopped me from arguing any further.

“Then… What’s going to happen?” I asked hoping that it’s not what I was imagining.

“Well We’re here to visit you one last time. I’ve decided that it should end like this too. You belong here and I belong in the future.”

‘What is he saying?’ I still didn’t believe what was happening

 “After saying goodbye I’ll leave for good. I would hope that you would continue living just like before you had met me.”

“I can’t. You know I can’t.” I said to him.

“Daehyun…” Himchan called out to me.

“You said you’d let me follow my heart. Just what is this now?” I was so frustrated and mad because things were just going all wrong.  I just got the key back and was going to visit Yongguk but then now Zelo comes and say that we’re not going to be able to see each other any more.

‘Just what is going now?’ I was so frustrated.

We spent a very long time just talking and discussing over what was going to happen. Before we even knew it, it was already getting dark and we still couldn’t come up with a satisfying conclusion.

“I’m going tell them to bring in some food. “ Himchan said getting up and left the three of us alone.

“I really, really don’t want to leave you for good.” I said to Yongguk.

“… Me too but…”

“Huhh~ If I knew this was going to happen I wouldn’t have opened the portal.” Zelo sighed.

“Can’t you just leave it open in secret?” I insisted.

“I wish I could but my father will check on it. Plus he’s right about it messing up the human history. The time in the future here is constantly changing and it has been worrying me. We just heaved a sigh.

“You two really love… each other?” Zelo looked at us weirdly.

‘It seems weird and probably is but just something inside of me is telling that yes, this is love.’ I said in my head.

“Mmhm~” I nodded and glanced over to Yongguk who was sitting beside me.

“It may sound weird but…” Yongguk reached over and held my hand.

“It’s like I know that I love him.” Yongguk said shyly.

“I know what you mean.” I smiled. It’s exactly how I feel.

“We do you have to leave?” I asked Zelo.

“Umm we can stay for a bit longer. Maybe a day or so but after we leave I’ll have to close the portal.”

“Okay, then just stay here also long as you can.”

“We can spend the next few days together.” Yongguk smiled

Zelo’s POV

After eating we just decided to go to bed. There was just too much thinking involved. We tried almost everything but nothing would work.

“I’m going to bed now. We can continue talking about this tomorrow.”

“Where should I sleep?” I asked them.

“Here! Where else?!” Himchan hissed.

“I was just asking!” I bickered at him.

“Yongguk can sleep here but don’t think about doing anything-“

“I’m here too you know…” I jumped in and cut him off.

“Don’t worry, we’re not like that.” Yongguk said. After briefly preparing my own place to sleep I laid down tiredly.

“Ugh~ Joseon era has the worst bed. It could have been worse so whatever~” I brushed it off.

“Good night.” I said to the others.

“Ssh~!” There are still workers outside.” Daehyun said to me.

“I know” I groaned and just closed my eyes.

“You two better not do anything.” I said to them. I know they are sleeping with each other but I don’t want any further moves.

“Would you stop thinking about that? We’re not like that!” Yongguk said back to me.

“Okay then~” I sighed and tried sleeping. It was quiet at first but then there were some giggling.

“How about I leave with you? It’s the only way we can be with each other.” I heard Daehyun faintly

“No, I’m not going to let you do that. Your family is here.” Yongguk said back

“If anything I’ll stay here with you.”

“We can’t. Even if we stay here we can’t be together.” Daehyun continued

‘Oh boy. Romeo and Juliet all over again.’ I said in my head

‘Actually this might be the first case of it since we’re in the Joseon era.’ I sneered. My smile slowly disappeared.

‘What have I done?’ I asked myself before drifting off to sleep