Not a Good Enough Offer

Fairy's Fools (B.A.P)

 

Yongguk’s POV

“I’ll just have strawberry smoothie.”

“Why, aren’t you hungry?”

“Why don’t you order Korean beef for all of us.” I said.

“Why would I order something I won’t eat.”

“You don’t like Korean beef?”

“More like I’ve never tried it.” Zelo said. He glanced over to the waitress to see her looking back at him weird.

“I can’t eat meat. Actually all fairies can’t eat meat.” Zelo whispered.

“Oh really? That’s pretty interesting.” Himchan was just so happy to hear that. Me on the other hand, I just wanted to spend some time alone with Daehyun. We quickly ordered our meal and ate dinner before heading back to my apartment.

“So Zelo, do we need to bring anything?” I asked him.

“All I’m providing for you guys is the tent. You guys need to bring your own essentials.” He said back.

“Seriously? But can’t you use your magic for us?” I asked.

“All you had to do is wiggle your finger.” Himchan added in.

“Sorry no can do. Camping is every man for himself.” Zelo said with a sturdy tone.

“We need to bring our own food then?” I asked.

“Yeah and snacks. We will be fishing there but we won’t be eating the fish.”

“What kind of fishing is that then?” I said back.

“It’s just for entertainment” Zelo shouted.

“So we don’t need a tent right?” I remember that I had already asked Jongup for his tent.

“No unless you want to.”

“We’ll just use yours so that it’s less troublesome.” I sneered. I called Jongup on our way back home to tell him that I didn’t need his tent anymore.

“Hello. What’s up hyung?”

“Uh Jongup. Tomorrow I’m kind of busy so I don’t think we can hang out.”

“Really? Well do you still need the tent?”

“No not any more.”

“Hey don’t tell me you got another tent and abandoned mines” He sounded unhappy.

“N-no it’s just that we don’t need a tent anymore.”

“Are you going camping still? I want to come too”

“If I’m going camping around here then I’ll definitely take you along.” I said back. I wasn’t lying since we aren’t camping around here.

“Okay.  So what are you doing tomorrow?” He asked me

“Uhhh just visiting my cousins. It’s been a while since I’ve seen them.”

“Really? I thought you weren’t in contact with any of your family members.”

“Well I were pretty close to them since back then so it’s alright.” I lied.

“Oh well whenever you’re free just give me a call and we’ll hang out.”

“Sure. Umm it’s getting late so bye. I’ll call you later.”

“Okay. Bye.” I hung up. Before going back to my apartment we stopped by for some ice cream. Of course Himchan was fascinated by it .

“Daehyun do you want my strawberry?” I asked him.

“I want it” Zelo interrupted. Daehyun then let out a smile.

“Zelo can have it in my place.” Daehyun said making me surprise.

“I don’t want to give it to him.” I said back.

“Just because I’m not Daehyun? Since when did you two get so close.” Zelo turned away. In the end I ate the strawberry. We continued our way back to my place and Zelo made his way back to his through my closet.

“Hey Yongguk why don’t you try opening  it?” Zelo smirked at me.

“Never.” I said shortly.

“Whatever.” Zelo rolled his eyes.

“Zelo is the best fairy ever” Zelo said happily and opened the closet door.

“Well, see you tomorrow” Zelo said and walked through.

“I am still so amazed.” Himchan then closed the door and reopened it so see that the inside was just a closet.

“I’ve learned so much and yet there’s still things that make me wonder so much.” He continued.

“The world has endless wonders.” Daehyun smiled.

“We need to start packing.” I told them.

“I don’t have anything to pack..” Himchan looked at me lost.

“You can borrow my clothes. Yongguk bought me a lot of clothes when I was gone.” Daehyun said to him

“Really? You seem so nice to him. Do you like him?” Himchan smirked.

“W-what?” I was surprised. I looked over to Daehyun who was also surprised.

“I’m just joking. Oh so where am I going to sleep tonight?” He asked.

“Aish do I have to provide you a place to sleep too? My apartment isn’t a hotel.” I complained.

“I promise no one else will come.” Daehyun said softly.

“You better not.” I said to him trying to sound cute.

“What are you two whispering about?” Himchan asked us.

“Nothing. So how long do I have to put up with you?” I asked Himchan.

“Not sure. Maybe I’ll come by with Daehyun whenever he goes.

“You can’t” I said immediately.

‘With you around I can be comfortable with Daehyun.’ I said in my head.

“Why not? If you’re bothered about me staying here in you apartment then I can sleep aside in a corner or sleep at Zelo’s place.”

“That’s not the problem, right Yongguk?” Daehyun gave him a smile that melted him.

“Y-yeah. He can sleep here.” I answered without knowing. We went and packed our things for the camping trip. A pair of pajamas for the night and a pair of comfortable clothes for the day after tomorrow.

“Yongguk, is there a book about the future or something?” He asked me.

“Why?”

“I want to learn more about the future.” He said back.

“We’ll you can use my laptop.” I said as I went to go get it.

“What’s this?”

“It’s kind of like a book .” I said as I showed him.

“How do you use it?” He looked around.

“I kind of know how to use it. Can I show him?” Daehyun asked me.

“Sure, I’m going to go take a shower then.” I said.

‘I trust my laptop with you Daehyun.’ I said in my head. A while back I had showed him how to use the laptop so he should know how it works. When I was done Daehyun was next and so I sat there awkwardly with Himchan.

“So how did you know of this place?” I asked him.

“Well first off things were falling out of the sky. I then noticed Daehyun acting suspicious so I followed him and found out that he was keeping some sort of secret. Followed him one day and he was in the forest; the next second he’s gone. Once I spotted him again I followed him and so that’s how I got here.” Himchan explained.

“You’re pretty close to him?”

“I’m the closest person to him next to his hyung. Unfortunately his hyung was kidnapped from some enemies a while ago.” Himchan said sadly.

“I’ve heard from Daehyun. That reminds me what’s his name? Maybe I can find out online.” I said as I grabbed my laptop.

“You can find out with this thing?” He was surprised.

“Yeah, after all you are part of the past. Everything in the past should be in here.” I tapped my laptop.

“That’s really amazing. It’s like all the books in the world in there.” He smiled.

“I suppose so. Some you will need to pay of course but still it’s obtainable.”

“What’s his name?” I asked him.

“Jeong Daeho.” He answered.

“Jeong Daeho Joseon period.” I said as I typed it in.  After a minute of searching I couldn’t find anything.

“Let’s try adding in the kidnapped part.” I said as I typed it in.

“I hope it’ll be good news.” Himchan said as he stared at the screen.

“Oh is this it?” I clicked on the link.

“Oh it really is it Wait a second is it alright for you to know?” I stared at Himchan.

“I won’t tell anyone.” He smiled.

“Okay. We can tell Daehyun about it shortly but not the details.” I said as I scrolled down.

“It tells us about who he is and blah-blah-blah.” I skimmed through it.

“Oh this is where they said he was kidnapped.”

“Prince Daeho was kidnapped by bandits in return for some profit. When taking the Prince back to their hideout faraway the Prince managed to escape-“

“Oh really. When was this then, he’s been kidnapped for almost three years.” Himchan said to me.

“Would you let me finish reading?” I said back. 

“The Prince managed to escape but unfortunately lost his way in the unfamiliar land. Others were told that some travellers had found him unconscious. As for the bandits the king had them surrounded and forced them to hand over the Prince. However the Prince was not with them so the bandits all died with the Prince still missing. Now back to the Prince, he was in debt with the travellers so he had to stay to repay them. After experiencing such freedom he had stayed with them for a while.

“Ah what’s with him. We’re here worrying and yet he’s out there enjoying life?” Himchan was surprised.

“He should have at least sent a message.” I added in.

“Exactly.” Himchan agreed with me. I then continued reading.

“For three entire years the Prince finally return back to the palace and becomes the crown Prince.”
“What? Daeho will come back soon?” Daehyun came out of the bathroom.

“Daehyun” Himchan and I were surprised.

“What did you just say?” Daehyun rushed over.

“Uh Just…” I wasn’t sure what to say.

“We found out that Daeho is actually still alive and will come back soon.” Himchan said to him.

“Really? Is it true. Do you know when he’ll come back?” Daehyun cling onto my arm.

“It doesn’t say. Also it’s best if you don’t look.” I closed my laptop and set it aside.

“Why? You practically told me half of it.” Daehyun pouted.

“Himchan I’ll show you how to take a shower.” I got up and pulled Himchan with me.

“Why don’t we tell him everything?” Himchan whispered.

“Wouldn’t it be more meaningful if he just waited and hear everything from his hyung?” I said back.

“You’re right. I think he know enough. If he knows more he might end up telling someone else back in the palace.” I then showed Himchan all the thing in the bathroom and told him how to use them. When I walked into my bedroom I saw that Daehyun was reading my laptop.

“Oh yah! Daehyun!” I rushed over.

“What did you read?” I closed and put it aside as I looked at Daehyun.

“I wanted but I didn’t understand the writing.”

“Ah. Of course you don’t it’s in English.” I just realized.

“Yongguk can’t you tell me?” He pouted.

“No, I want to but it’s better for you to wait for your hyung and hear from him.” I said softly.

“Yongguk~ I’ve been so worried for the past few years about him. Can’t you let me know?”

“I already told you most of the story. He will come back three years later after the incident. It’s almost three years right? He’ll come back soon.” I patted his back.

“Was he injured or anything?”

“It didn’t say.” I said.

‘It did say that he brought back a lover whom he married’ I said in my head.

“Daehyun if you give me a kiss I’ll tell you another piece of information.” I smirked.

“Come let’s go pack the food.” He got up and walked away.

“Seriously? You wouldn’t give me a kiss in exchanged for valuable information?” I was surprised. I then got up and followed him.