It's Just A Kiss

Fairy's Fools (B.A.P)

Daehyun’s POV

“Yongguk, wake up!” I shouted but he was still just lying on the ground motionless as if he was dead. I was very scared. Beside him was a slice of some sort of dessert.

‘What’s wrong with him? Is he going to be okay?’ I was confused, worried, and scared.

“Apple pie.” Zelo cried out loud.

“I warned him about the apples. Is he that much of an idiot and not know what is in an apple pie.” The lady sighed.

“I-is he okay?” I asked them

“He should be okay.” Zelo said not even a tiny bit frantic.

“A-are you sure he’s okay?” I asked Zelo confused.

“He looks fine to me.” Himchan said to me.

“Himchan, it’s not time to be joking.” I said back.

“Umm yes he’s fine but it’s just going to be really hard to wake him up. Especially since he’s human…” Zelo said

“What, he’s a human? What was a human doing in Unitedland?” The lady asked us.

“Can’t we focus on this situation first?” Zelo said frustrated

“Well I need to know how this situation started first off.” She said back

“This situation started with you luring him into the Enchanted Forest and you are going to be responsible for this if we get caught.” Zelo said madly

“What? Ahh~ Well I’m not the only one in trouble then. All of you are in it too.” She looked at the rest of us.

“What were you thinking luring him here and then feeding him a poison apple?” Zelo shouted at her. I changed my focus on to Yongguk. I fixed his posture as I check for his breathing.

‘Good, he’s breathing’ I sighed in relief when I felt his chest heaving up and down underneath my hand.

‘Just what happened to you? What poison did you accidently take?’ I wondered.

“What? Am I not suppose to get mad at you? Should I be mad at him then?” Zelo said pointing to Himchan.

“Why mad at me?” Himchan said back.

“I wasn’t serious. It was sarcasm.” Zelo argued.

“Yongguk-ah~?” I continued calling out to him hoping that he would just open his eyes.

“Daehyun, he won’t hear you. He’s in deep sleep.” Zelo said making me frustrated.

“Then can you please tell me how we can wake him up instead of arguing?” I said impatient. I’ve had enough of their arguments and I was really worried for Yongguk. What if he never wakes up?

“Tsk~ go away. You’re not much of a help. More of an eye sore.” Zelo hissed at the lady.

“It’s not like I wanted to stay either way.” The lady said and walked over Yongguk’s other side.

“I assume that you two are also human?” The lady said looking at Himchan and me.

“Y-yes.” I said not sure whether or not I should let her know.

“Your friend isn’t in any harm, he’s just deep asleep.” She said

“Then how can we wake him up?” I asked her.

“He will need his true love’s kiss.” She said making me confused.

“W-what? A… A kiss?!” I thought I heard wrong.

“As we were arguing before, since he’s a human it’s going to take a lot more effort in finding his true love. Do you two know who it is? I doubt that kid knows.” She glared at Zelo.

‘True love? What does that mean?’ I wondered.

“What does true love actually mean?” I asked her. I assume its some one he loves but true?...

“Someone that truly loves him and that he truly loves that person back I suppose. Not sure how I’m suppose to explain it” She said after a sigh

‘Who he truly loves…? Well he does like me…’ I realized.

“I’ve only met him for a few days so I don’t know about his life.” Himchan said out loud.

“What about you Daehyun?” Himchan asked me.

“Uhhh,… I-I don’t know.” I said unsure.

“I’ve been with him the longest but I don’t even have a clue.” Zelo said

“Hurry up and name all of the girls around him. Maybe one of the names would ring a bell.” She said

“Umm, Jieun, Hyosung, Sunhwa, uhhh Hana, Yoona, Yuri, What was that girls name.” Zelo scratched his head roughly as he began thinking.

‘Yes, it has to be one of the girls. It can’t be me. I’m a guy after all.’ I said in my head.

“S-so whoever his true love that person just needs to kiss him to wake him up?” Himchan asked her to make sure.

“Yup.” The lady nodded

“That’s really strange. I’ve never heard of a cure for poison is a kiss.” He said. I stayed in my spot next to Yongguk. I just wanted to stay with him. He… needed me.

“A true love’s kiss to be exact. Also we’re in the Unitedland so just about anything is possible”

“Ahh, so frustrating. I just want to go home.” Himchan said unlike his usual self in our time period. He just loves to travel to new place but here he just wants to go home. Seems like it’s too much for him. I looked over to Zelo who was still trying to figure out who Yongguk’s true love was.

“Aish~, none of them seems to be the right one. I don’t think he has a true love.” Zelo shouted.

“Isn’t there another way to wake him up?” I asked them.

“Such as smacking him.” Himchan suggested. As much as I wanted to yell at him, his idea might actually work.

“No it doesn’t work like that but you can try.” Zelo chuckled.

“Don’t you dare, it’s not time to be joking around.” I said to Himchan.

“It’s not like he’s sleeping like normal, the one and only cure is a true love’s kiss.” She said to us.

“Oh by the way I’m Snow White.” She extended her hand towards me. After learning form Yongguk an extended hand would mean to give a handshake.

“I’m Daehyun. Jung Daehyun.” I said shaking her hand. It was so weird. It seems like everyone besides me was pretty calm and here I am panicking in the inside. Aren’t they worried that Yongguk might not wake up at all?

“I’m Kim Himchan.” Himchan said to her.

“And you?” She glared at Zelo.

“You don’t have to know my name.” Zelo said to her.

“His name is Zelo.” Himchan said casually.

“Yah.” Zelo glared at Himchan.

“Thanks~. And he’s Yongguk right?” Snow stared at Yongguk.

“Yes.”

“Ugh~ I can’t think of anyone right now. I might have to go and ask all of them myself to see if they actually like him.” Zelo said making me even more worried.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to let every single girl who has feelings for him, come here and give him a kiss.” Snow said in disbelief.

“I can perhaps take him back with me to his place.”

“A better idea.” She said with a smile.

“So we’re going to carry him back like this?” I asked them.

“Tsk How old is he huh? At this age already and he’s causing so much trouble.” Himchan said.

“It’s not like he wanted to. It was probably an accident.” I said back.

“Why are you caring for him so much?” Himchan stared at me.

“B-because he’s our friend. Besides he might be able to hear you talking bad about him.”

“I doubt that he could hear you. Yah one of you help me.” Zelo said trying to pull Yongguk up.

“Let me help.” Himchan offered.

“Then just what is he going through?” I was curious.

“No one actually knows. It was said that they’re in a dream well… more like nightmare. We can’t tell nor we will ever know because when they wake up they’ll forget all about it.” She said.

“So he’s in a nightmare right now.” I got even more worried.

“Maybe. It’s just a guess people make. It could be that they just blanked out. The entire time.’ She said unsure.

“You carry him on your back.” Zelo said to Himchan.

“Me, why? I barely know him. You carry him.”

“I don’t want to carry him.”

“Should I carry him then?” I said to them madly.

“No, I-I’ll do it. If anything happens to you then the King and Queen would get furious.” Himchan said before he leaned forwards so that Yongguk can go to his back. I helped Zelo move Yongguk onto his back.

“He’s... really heavy.” Himchan groaned.

“It’s because he’s completely out of if and not holding on. Be careful.”

“Maybe if I drop him then he’ll wake up.” Himchan joked.

“Don’t.” I said immediately as we began walking.

“Daehyun you really can’t take in jokes can you.” Zelo said to me making me surprised.

“Ummm, this isn’t the time to be joking around.” I said nervously.

“Oh, could it be that you actually like him.” Snow pointed to Yongguk with a big smile.

“W-w-what are you saying.” I was flustered.

“Oh you’re even flustering.”

“It’s not what you think Snow.” Zelo said making me surprised.

“How should I say this?...” Zelo began to think as we walked.

‘What is he thinking about?’ I wondered.

“He’s more on the innocent side. He doesn’t know much about homouality.” Zelo whispered to Snow.

‘Homouality? What’s that?’ I wondered.

“Ayy~ everyone knows about it. Its just not as accepted.” She said loudly.

“You do know about it right? Guys liking guys and girls liking girls.” She said to me.

“Watch what you’re saying.”  Himchan said madly.

“W-what?” She was shocked by Himchan’s reaction.

“A proper young lady should say such a thing.”

“Tsk~ what are you talking about. You’re saying it as if it’s the biggest taboo.”

“It is.” I said to her softly.

“Ehh?” She was confused.

They’re not exactly from the modern world…” Zelo said to her.

“W-what? Ha-ha~ wow you are such a trouble maker.” She smirked at Zelo.

“Hold on. Modern human world, past human world, in Unitedland.” She said slowly as she pointed.

“Woah~ you will be in such a big trouble if someone finds out.” She said laughing.

“Really? You shouldn’t have taken us here then Zelo.” I said to him a bit surprised. I kind of knew that we were suppose to be here but if Zelo was going to e in trouble and if we knew that it could be this dangerous then we wouldn’t have came.

“No one will know.” Zelo said

“I do.” Snow said with a smirk

“Well you can’t leave the Enchanted Forest.” Zelo said back.

‘Looks like they’ve stopped making fun of me and Yongguk’ I said in my head. The other two continued arguing as I walked beside Himchan holding onto Yongguk so that he doesn’t fall.

“Himchan.” I called out to him.

“What?” He asked me.

“Umm earlier when they were talking about guys liking guys… What do you think about that?” I asked him.

“What do you mean what I think about it? It is wrong, It shouldn’t even be spoken of especially you. You’re a prince. THE Prince. Don’t let the dirty thoughts into your head.” He said making me feel so… sad and hurt.

“But it’s still love.”

“No it’s not. A man and a woman is love. ‘That’ is not love but an illness.” He said.

“But you’re just looking at it from an outsiders view. What if they truly love each other. It’s not their fault that they were born that way.” I insisted in having him understand it my way. I actually think it’s fine to love the same- partner.

“Whichever way I’m looking at it it’s still wrong.” He said making me even more frustrated.

“But in the future they don’t consider it wrong.”

“Daehyun we don’t live in the future. Why are you so interested in this so much.” Himchan stopped and looked at me.

“I-it’s because we were talking about it earlier” I kind of stuttered.

“Don’t think about. You have other thins to worry about. You’re going to be King of the country soon” He said making me surprised in an unhappy way.

‘Me.. King? I don’t want to’ I said in my head as I dragged my heavy feet. When we reached the fence Snow couldn’t come with us so we parted and continued our way back to our tent.

“Zelo, if we can’t find Yongguk’s true love then what will happen?” I asked him.

“Well he will stay like this until we do find his true love.” Zelo said making me thing about it. My mind was all jumbled up as we continued walking. My worries for Yongguk were never ending.

“What do we do now that we’re here?” Himchan said when we approached our tent.

“Let’s put him down for now so that we could pack.” Zelo said as he opened the tent and made way for Himchan and Yongguk. I stared at Yongguk’s face as he went into the tent on Himchan’s back.

‘Well at least he seems peaceful and not in pain.’ I said in my head.

“Give us a moment okay Yongguk. Let us clean up here first. It’s not that your life isn’t important. You can wait a bit.” Zelo said as he helped Yongguk lie down on one of the pillows.

“Okay. Daehyun you cleaning up in here. Himchan and I will clean up outside.” Zelo said as he left the tent with Himchan.

“I’m so tired~” Himchan groaned.

“This is actually both of your faults. Why did you two have to wander off?” I heard Zelo yell.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized to them softly. I turned to Yongguk and frowned.

“I’m sorry to you too Yongguk.” I touched his arm lightly.

“Just hang in there. I’ll find you’re true love.” I said. I felt really hurt for some reason. I’ve never felt this way before and it was so strange. Like my chest was really heavy and it was hard to breath. I kept on heaving sighs as I turned to look at him when I was packing our things.

“I wonder if you’re thirst.” I said. I then dug into Yongguk’s backpack since I knew he had a water bottle in there. I took some things out so that I could grab the water bottle.  When I had the water bottle in my hand I began to open it. My eyes wandered to the ground where I had tossed his wallet out. Inside the wallet was a photo of him and I. I smiled when I saw the photo.

‘It was so fun that day.’ I said in my head.

‘I love you’ I remember him saying to me. I then shook my head and closed his wallet before crawling over to Yongguk’s side. I set the water bottle down so that I could help sit Yongguk up for him to drink some water. When I had him in my arms I didn’t want to let go. I just wanted to hold onto him. I eye’s trailed down to his lips.

“True love…” I whispered.

‘I… could give it a try.’ I said in my head as I bit down on my lips. I was nervous and so I hesitated.

‘It’s just a kiss. We’ve done it before’ I said to myself. I didn’t think anymore and just leaned down closing the gap between us. I shut my eyes tightly right before our lips touched each other.

‘Yongguk, please wake up’ I begged inside my head.