No Longer Have a Purpose

Fairy's Fools (B.A.P)

Daehyun 's POV

The next day I wasn't able to visit Yongguk because Himchan was keeping a close eye on me. Out of everything I was worried for Yongguk the most.

‘How is he doing? How long has it been. It’s been a day here but it could be a week or even a month in Yongguk’s time period. Does he think that I’m mad at him?’ I had so many questions. Himchan just told be to not think about it for a sometime but I just couldn’t. I tried thinking about other things but nothing seemed to work in keeping my mind off of Yongguk. I tried not to miss him but I kept on thinking more about him. I tried believing that it wasn’t love but the more I thought about it, it really must be love. We’ve only met each other a few times but it feels like I need him. I planned on going back the next day but something miraculous happened. My older brother came back.

“W-what did you just say? Daeho hyung came back?!” I stood up from my seat.

“Yes, My Prince. He had just arrived in the palace and is now visiting the King and Queen.” Hyung Sun said to me. I just rushed out of my room and ran straight to my father’s quarter.

“My Prince be careful.” Hyung Sun shouted as he followed behind me.

“Being careful is the last thing I am worried about Hyung Sun. Hyung has come back home.” I said happily as I rushed inside. The maids open the doors one after another until I’ve reached the last doors. I took a deep breath as they announced my presence. The doors opened and there he was standing in front of me with a smile.

“Daehyun-ah” He called out to me.

“Hyung!” I rushed over and hugged him tightly.

“Oh, haha~ Daehyun-ah. It’s been a while.” He chuckled as he returned my hug.

“I missed you so much” I hugged him tightly.

We stayed like that for a while until our eomoni spoken up.

“Daehyun!” he Queen called out my name.

“Eomoni, it’s okay. We haven’t seen each for years.” Hyung said as he patted my back.

“Hyung! W-where have you been for the past 3 years? A-Are you okay? Are you hurt?” I asked as I held onto his arms.

“Daehyun, Daeho must be tired form his trip. You should let him rest.” The King said to me.

“I’m fine Your Majesty. I want to tell all of you what had happened. I am sure that everyone has a lot to ask and I also have a lot to say. He said. I slowly let go of my grasp.

“Hyung, sit down. You must be tired.” I said letting him sit down. I went over to the other side and sat down as well. He started to tell us what had happened from the very beginning. It turned out that the other region had kidnapped him in order to make a bargain with our father. Before they could even get back to their base Daeho hyung had escaped and eventually got lost in the unfamiliar land. He was injured and so he rested there for a few months. Eventually he was so accumulated that he decided to stay there in repay for their kindness. He wanted to send a message back home but the area was isolated so it was difficult. We didn’t even realize that so much time had passed by and that it was getting late.

“The sun is already setting. We should all have a meal together.” The king said. We continued talking as we ate. Whenever I had the chance I would ask him my questions but still I had so much more to ask him and tell him.

“Good evening Your Majesty, Your Highness.” Daeho greeted.

“Hyung-“

“Daehyun.” Eomoni cut me off.

“Daeho is tired now. You should let him rest.” She said to me. I just dropped my head.

“Yes, Your Highness.” I said in disappoint.

“Daehyun-ah you can visit me tomorrow morning” Daeho hyung whispered to me making me smile.

“Have a good night my King and Queen.” Daeho said and Left.

“I will take my leave as well.” I said and followed him out.

“Hyung, you’ve changed so much over the past three years.” I said to him freely since it was just the two of us.

“I probably have gotten darker because I have been in the sun a lot. I still look handsome right?” He smirked.

“No, hyung.” I said sternly.

“You look even more handsome.” I joked around with him.

“You’ve changed a lot too Daehyun. Gotten a bit tall… fatter.” He joked with me.

“But you’re handsome too.” He giggled.

“What are you going to do now hyung?” I asked him.

“I have some things to take care of since I’m back home. I will also need a nice hot bath. I miss having one so much.” He said almost in dreamland.

“Oh, hyung you haven’t had hot water to bathe in the past 3 years?”

“Nope, just cold water. Sometimes there will be warm water but no hot water around. People there only bathe in the rivers.”

“Oh, my poor hyung. You have suffered a lot and had got sick a lot didn’t you.”

“Yes, yes… But there were some great experiences as well.” He smile glowed under the moonlight. We were already at his quarter so I decided to leave. He really must be tired and so I didn’t want to bother him.

“Daehyun would you want to talk so more?” Daeho offered.

“No, it’s fine hyung. We can talk tomorrow morning. You promised.

“Yes, well good night Daehyun.” He patted my arm.

“Good night hyung.” I gave him a big hug instead making him surprised.

“It’s been a long time since you’ve hugged me. It was around when you were 6 years old was the last time you hugged me.

“You don’t like it?” I asked as I looked over to his face.

“No, I like it. It feels nice. Too bad our eomoni will yell at us for it.” Daeho and I giggled in agreement. I then let go of him with a smile.

“I learned it from a friend. A very good friend.” I said thinking about Yongguk.

“Ohh? A friend? Who is this friend? Himchan?” He asked me.

“He is a good friend but not from him.” I said back.

“Then who else could be a good friend?”

“Hyung you’ve been gone for 3 years. I’ve made a lot of new friends.” I pouted.

“You’re right. Is it a girl?” He asked making me flustered.

“No it’s not.

“Crush? Lover?” He continued and I just denied in embarrassment.

“It is, isn’t it?” He continued teasing me.

‘Well he is considered my lover right?’ I asked myself.

“Stop it hyung. If not then I’ll tease you too. You’re older than me so where is your girlfriend?” I teased back at him. Instead of denying and arguing back he just smile.

“Oh, hyung it can’t be.” I looked at him suspicious. He just continued smiling.

“Hyung, you have a lover?” I asked him.

“Mmmh” He nodded.

“Don’t tell the King or Queen. All of you better stay quiet about this.” Daeho pointed to all of the servants as well as me.

“Hyung, are you serious?” I was in disbelief.

“Yes, remember it's a secret” He held a finger up to his lips.

“Yes, but who is she? You know the King and Queen has to acknowledge her first.” I asked him a bit worried.

“I know. I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow.” He said making me anxious.

“Okay, just so you would know. I’m happy that you found someone you like.” I said to him. I know that he must be happy because I have the same feeling for Yongguk.

‘It’s weird and different but it’s the same right?’ I asked myself.

“Good night Daehyun.” He said and walked into his room.

“Good night hyung.” I said and went back to my room to go to bed. The next day I continued talking to Daeho hyung for the entire day. We just talked and ate and then walked around showing him how much the palace had changed. He mostly talked about the lady that saved him in which he plans on marrying. I told him that the King and Queen would not think good of this news but he said he’d try to persuade them. I was worried but still I was happy for him.  It’s been such a long time since I’ve talked so long with someone. In the afternoon Himchan finally came by to visit hyung. We continued talking until hyung had to see the King. Now it was just Himchan and I.

“Umm, Himchan” I called out to him.

“Yes?”

“Can we talk for a bit?’ I asked him. He seems to know what I wanted to ask him about and so he just nodded.

“Let us talk alone” I said to the servants. When we were alone I started the conversation.

“Can’t we set the problem of whether or not I like him or not aside?” I asked Himchan.

“Daehyun, I want you to think about it thoroughly.”

“I can’t!” I said to him.

“I can’t think it through. Even if I did give you the answer I have right now you still won’t accept it.” I said to him.

“That’s because it’s not the right choice.” He insisted.

“This is why I said to set it aside. I really want to go to the future.”

“It’s just so that you could visit him isn’t it? Just have some time to think it over.”

“I have been thinking and it has been a few days. I want to go to the future. I’m worried. D-didn’t Zelo tell you about the time difference? One day here could be 7 days in Yongguk’s time period.” I said getting anxious.

“I know but I’m thinking for you. Just wait a bit longer. Spend a few more days thinking about it. You belong here. Your family and friends are here and so you should be living here not with some stranger in the future.

“Yongguk isn’t a stranger.” I said back.

“Then what is he?” He asked back.

“Like I said set love aside for now. Can’t I just go visit him as a friend?” I was practically begging.

“You’ve only met him a few times. Just spend time with your hyung.”

“But I’m worried about Yongguk.”

“Just worry about your brother. You haven’t seen him for three years.”

“But I can see him and he’s fine. I can’t see Yongguk. I don’t even know how he’s doing since you’re dragged me back here.” I was anxious to see him.

“He’s just living life perfectly fine. It’s not like he’s in some sort of danger.” Himchan sounded really mad.

“Still… I’m worried about him.” I said softly as I looked up to the night sky.

‘So another day has past? Why does night time keep on coming?’ I asked myself

“Well don’t even think about going back for now because you can’t’ He said making me surprised.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“I won’t let you go.” He said and just left.

‘What does he mean? What did he do?’ I was confused. Just then it hit me.

“The key.” I remembered.

‘Where’s the key? Did we forget about it?  Who took it?...’ I then rushed after Himchan.

“Himchan, do you have the key?” I asked him.

“No, not anymore. I threw it away.” He said not looking at me.

“What? Y-you what?” I was shocked.

“W-without the key I won’t be able to-“

“That’s exactly what I want” Himchan cut me off.

“This is what’s right.” Himchan said not looking at me.

“How could you?” I was angry at him now. I was able to hold it in but he just took it too far now.

“If it’s for the best for you then I would do anything.” He said making me even more hurt.

“Where is it?” I asked him.

“I don’t remember.” Himchan said making me stop in my tracks.

‘Is this the end of it…’ I lost hope in ever seeing Yongguk ever again.

“My Prince, are you okay?” Hyung sun asked me.

“No.” I answered him.

“Have you got into an argument with Himchan-sshi?” He asked me.

“Yes. That’s what it seems like.” I said softly before dragging my body back to my room.

‘I can’t believe he threw the key away…’ I repeated in my head.

“Huhh~” I sighed as I sat down.

“Are you okay My Prince?” Hyung Sun asked me again.

“I’m okay. I just need some rest.” I said and lay down.

‘I shouldn’t lose hope. Maybe Zelo can visit him and have another way to visit Yongguk’ I said to myself. The next day was the same as yesterday. I went over to hyung’s place and just talked to him.

“Did you not sleep so well last night? You don’t look too great” Hyung asked me

“Yes, I didn’t have a good sleep.” I smiled sheepishly

“And I thought I had a lot in my mind last night.” He sighed.

“Oh, what did the King talk to you about?” I asked him

“Just about the positions and status of the officials.”

“He wants me to be his successor.” He said making me snap out of it.

‘That’s right. When he was gone the successor was passed over to me but now that he’s back it should go back to him.’

“I said it didn’t matter and to keep you as the successor but-“

“It’s okay, hyung. If you’re worried about me then don’t be. I don’t really want to be the successor. It was yours in the first place.” I said to him.

“Really? You’re not mad or disappointed?” He asked me.

“No, you know me hyung. I’m not suit to be a leader.” I said smiling.

“Don’t say that.” Hyung said. He still looked like he felt bad for me.

“I’m fine, really. I wasn’t expecting to be his successor either way. I was just holding onto it until you have come back.” I said hoping that he would cheer up.

“I remember that we had a talk about this back then.”

“Ummm I don’t really remember.” I tried remembering but I was probably too young then.

“It was the time when eomoni said that I would be king one day. I was the happy one and you were so confused. Haha~ you said you just wanted to be a carefree person.” He chuckled.

“Oh wasn’t Himchan also there?”

“Yes he was.”

“He wanted to be a wanderer didn’t he?” I chuckled

“Yup, and here he is now traveling from one place to another.” Him and I laughed.

“Looks like we all had it come true for us.” Daeho hyung said as we calmed down.

“Grand Prince, the would like to see you!” We heard our servant shout from outside.”

“I’m sorry Daehyun we’ll continue talking later.” Daeho said to me.

“Yes, I’ll be in my chamber.” I said before he left the room. I sat there by myself for a bit just to think about some things.

‘Now… I have no purpose here… Hyung is back and so he’s going to be the next King. As for me… nothing’

“Nothing.” I said to myself softly.