By a Split Second

Fairy's Fools (B.A.P)

Yongguk’s POV

*Gasp *

I gasped for air abruptly as if I have been holding my breath for a long time. My heart was racing and so I opened my eyes terrified and confused. Right in front of my eyes was Daehyun.

“Y-Yongguk…” Daehyun seemed surprised.

“D-Daehyun? What happened?” I asked him as I looked around. I finally realized that Daehyun was holding me in an embrace. I felt happy but so confused.

‘We’re in our tent? I thought I was in the forest?’ I was confused.

“A-Are you okay? Yongguk?” Daehyun seemed so surprised.

“Y-yeah…” I felt awkward as I sat up.

“Really?” He asked me again with wide eyes.

“Yeah I feel fine.” I said. I saw that he was trembling but not sure why. I held onto his hand making him flinch. All I wanted was to calm him down.

“Why? What happened? And… are you okay?”

“Huh? Uh yes. I’m so glad ha you’re awake now.” He said and pulled me in for a hug. He seemed like he was going to cry but why.

“W-what happened?” I asked him.  I hugged him back and patted his back.

“There, there. Take deep breathes and calm down. I’m here with you. Just then someone came into the tent.

“W-what?!” Himchan was so shocked to see us that he dropped everything in his hands.

“Huh?” Daehyun quickly let go of me and stared at Himchan with wide eyes.

“W-what are you two doing?” He asked us.

“H-Himchan…” Daehyun seemed frustrated and nervous. He turn to look at me before his expression changed. He looks sad and… ashamed? He then moved away from me and looked down at his hands.

“And you! Y-you!? You’re awake.” Himchan stared at me shocked.

“What are you saying? What’s going on?” I was so confused.

“B-but you can’t be. Daehyun?!” Himchan seemed mad and confused.

“What’s goin- Ommo Yongguk!” Zelo came in and was surprised as well.

“What?!” I was getting annoyed. Daehyun on the other hand just had his head down beside me.

“Yah, you said that he won’t be able to wake up.” Himchan shouted at Zelo.

“Yeah he shouldn’t unless…” Zelo looked at Daehyun.

‘What did he do? Are they talking about me not waking up? Why?’ I wondered.

“It… It can’t be.” Zelo seemed doubtful.

“No… No! Daehyun tell me you didn’t.” Himchan glared at Daehyun.

“Himchan… listen to I can explai-“

“Wait, be quiet!” Himchan said all emotional.

“Just what is going on? Can someone explain to me the situation?” I asked them but they all stayed quiet. Himchan just stared down at Daehyun making him scared.

“Daehyun.” I reached out to him but he flinched

“I’m leaving.” Himchan said walking away abruptly.

“Wait Himchan!” Daehyun got up and ran after him.

“Daehyun.” I held onto his hand.

“I’m sorry but I have to follow him.” He said and shrugged my hand away.

What’s this? Why is Daehyun like this?’ I was worried. I followed them out of the tent and saw Daehyun running after Himchan.

‘Is it because Himchan saw Daehyun and I together? Because of me…’ I felt bad. I was going to go after them but Zelo stopped me.

“They need to talk.”

“But it involves me so I have to be part of their conversation!” I said madly and took a step. Zelo held onto my arm making me glare at him.

“Just... let them talk first…” Zelo said softly.

“Fine then. You, explain to me what is going on!” I glared at Zelo who seemed confused and was speechless.

“Y-you don’t remember what happened?” He asked me.

“I remember being in the forest.”

“You ate an apple!”

“Oh yeah. I was hungry and the person there said that the apples are edible.”

“Why did you have to eat the apples?! Didn’t I already tell you that there are poisonous apples here?”

“Oh so that’s what happen. You never said all the apples were poisonous. Beside the lady said they were edible.

“And you listen to a stranger?...” Zelo shouted

“I was hungry! So then I fell under that weird spell. The one where my true love has to give me a ki-….” I froze and thought about it.

“Then d-did Daehyun ki…” I couldn’t even say it. I reached up and covered my mouth with my hand.

“I guess so since you’re a awake. But you two. Were you two… dating?” Zelo asked me softly with narrow eyes.

“Dating?! I-I’m not sure…” I said softly.

“S-so you two like each other?” He seemed surprised.

“I-I don’t know. I do like Daehyun but he’s still…”

“Oh my god! What’s all of this?!!” Zelo seemed frustrated.

“So is that why Himchan was mad.”

“Well yeah. Don’t you think so?” Zelo held onto his head as he thought about something.

“Still he didn’t have to just walk away like that.” I said madly

“Have you forgotten that they’re from a different time period?” Zelo said make me realize it.

“Himchan has been with Daehyun for who knows how long and he just found out about this… THING!” Zelo seemed really frustrated.

“Daehyun is a Prince soon to be KING and you… You fell in love with him?!” Zelo shouted.

“I never thought about that…” I said realizing what I have done.

‘I was only thinking about my feelings that I didn’t realize what situation Daehyun was going to be in.’ I felt so ashamed of myself.

“It’s normal that a friend would be shocked that his friend has a guy crush on him. Especially when he’s the prince from the past. Ohh what have I done. You’re not even suppose to meet yet you two fell in love. And you’re both guys!!!” Zelo seems to have lost it.

“Is it... that bad?”

“What do you mean? It’s terrible. Forbidden love. No it’s forbidden, FORBIDDEN love!!!  There’s so many wrong things about this! Aish~ my head hurts~!” Zelo dug his fingers into his hair and scratched violently.

“W-what should I do?” I was so confused and felt terrible. I was all quiet because I was thinking about it in my head but for Zelo he was grunting and groaning out loud like a mad man.

“Wait-wait we all need to talk about this together. Hurry!” Zelo said running down the path where they went.

“I don’t see them.” I said looking around worried.

“Where could they go? They know they shouldn’t wander off without me.” Zelo said. We reached the end of the path to where the entrance was.

“Where did they go?” Zelo rubbed the back of his neck.

‘Daehyun. Where are you? I… want to have a talk with you.’ I said in my head as I looked behind all the trees. There was no one around here so I couldn’t ask anyone for help.

“Wait... It can’t be.” Zelo walked over to the elevator and opened it. He stepped into the elevator and opened a little hatch.

“This doesn’t seem like the elevator we came on to get here.” I said looking around. It looked similar but there was no buttons for the different floors.

“Uh yeah the arrival and departing elevators are different.” He said as he began typing something on the screen.

“Ohhh…. Smart.. Very smart.. and good memory…” Zelo seemed speechless. I took a look and saw that it looked something like a sign in log of some sort.

“What is it? Did you figure out where they had gone?” I asked him.

“Uhh. Yeah. They figured out how to use the elevator.”  Zelo said before closing his eyes and massaged his temples.

“What so they’re no longer here?! How did they know?” I asked him.

“Probably had some help since it seems like someone else had used the elevator after them.  Also well I told Himchan about it but I didn’t think he would actually know how to use the elevator. He has really good memory. Ugh~, come on we have to catch up to them~” Zelo said all antsy.  He closed the elevator and began typing a different screen.

“Ahh~ our belongs are still there.” Zelo sighed.

“We can always come back for it.” I said to him but in my head all I was thinking  about was Daehyun.

‘What did he tell Himchan? Is everything going to be okay? Will Daehyun be able to love me? Does he love me? Would he hate me form now on? ‘ I asked myself in my head.

“Guess I’ll take care of it later once I fix this problem.” Zelo said.

“Oh and are you okay?” He asked me.

“Yea…” I said softly when in the inside I felt like my heart was crumbling.

“I don’t mean about the situation meant about your actual body. I’ve never met anyone who has eaten a poison apple before so I don’t know what the side effects are.” He said looking a bit worried for me.

“Oh yeah. I’m fine. Thanks for worrying.

“Pfft~ me worry? Nooo~ I just didn’t was to have any more burdens.” He said trying to act all cool. When the doors opened Zelo and I dashed out to his office. Right in front of us was a young lady with short light blue hair.

“Where are they? Where are they?! WHERE DID THEY GO CINDY?!” Zelo asked the lady loudly

“Uh.. are you asking about the two guys from before?...” She said awkwardly as she looked at us.

“Yes now where are they?!” Zelo asked in a rush

“They went back into the elevator. It seemed like they stopped by the hair salon.” She said still looking confused.

“Hair salon?” I was surprised. I was expecting to see them soon but it seems like they keep on moving.

‘Just what do they plan on doing?’ I wondered.

“Ohhh…Very smart indeed. They’re getting their hair fixed.” Zelo sighed.

“Why would they do that?” I asked him.

“I think they are planning on leaving to go back to their time period.” Zelo said worried.

“WHAT?! They can’t! I… I still have to see Daehyun.”

“No time to think about your personal problems! Just what are they doing? This is my place they are suppose to discuss with me first!” Zelo said madly. The two of us walked back into the elevator.

“YOU! Stay there and don’t mess anything up!” Zelo shouted to the lady before the elevator door closed. When we arrived at the hair salon it was crowded.

“What’s going on here?!” Zelo shouted.

“This is a hair salon?’ I asked him. It looked a lot more like an outdoor market since there were so many people walking around.

“JIYOUNG!” Zelo shouted as he pushed himself through the crowd.

“Yes?” A guy turned around and followed Zelo’s voice.

“Not you Jiyong. JI-YOUNG!!” Zelo said as he continued striding down the aisle.

“Oh Zelo, what do you need me for? I’m busy” A lady said as she continued cutting someone’s hair.

‘This place is so weird. It does seem like a hair salon but it’s all weird and hi tech like.’ I said looking around.

“Have you seen Himchan and Daehyun. The ones that I brought here for a hair cut?” Zelo asked all rushed.

“Oh yeah they came by to for their previous hair.” I her say.

“Where are they now?”

“They just left....”  She seemed a bit worried since Zelo was so frantic.

‘They’re not here either?’ I was so worried and uneasy. I just had to meet Daehyun. If he plans on leaving like this then… How can I explain to him about… us? I.. I have so much to tell him. I heaved a sigh and looked down to my feet.

“WHAT?! Why did you do it so quick?!” Zelo yelled at her

“Can’t you see that we’re busy? Right when they came in a whole group came in right after so we had to hurry up.” She said. Zelo then made a U-turn and we went back to the elevator.

“Do you think we will be able to meet them?” I asked Zelo worried.

“Yes. We have to. Plus they don’t have their clothes. They can’t just leave like that even if the know how to use the machine.” Zelo said. We stood there and waited for an empty elevator. I was in a completely new place but I had no time to curious and ask questions. Finally we were able to use an empty elevator.

“did you know where they had gone?” I asked him.

“They must have gone back to my place. That’s the only place they could go to. Again we stood there and waited.

“This is like a wild goose chase. All because of you.” Zelo glared at me.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized. I would have complained back at him but I knew I did wrong. For falling in love with Daehyun. Confessing to him… All because of my selfish wants. When the elevator let out a *ding * the door opened and we stepped into the room. Right before my eyes I saw Daehyun’s face.

“Y-Yongguk!” Daehyun stared back at me.

“DAEHYUN!” I rushed towards him but then there was a bright flash.

“Ahh~ Daehyun.” I opened my eyes again and saw that the he was no longer there along with Himchan who was by his side.

‘We missed each other by a split second..’ I was shocked. I just stared at the empty spaced where Daehyun was a moment ago.

“What… Did they just used my machine without my permission?!” Zelo was shocked. He looked at me with wide eyes and his jaw was hanging open. He then turned to the young lady from before with the short blue hair.

“I… didn’t mess anything up…” She said softly.

“B-but.. They.. huhh?” Zelo seems lost.

 “Just what… What if there’s a malfunction and- and something happened. They can’t just go on ahead without tell me. Zelo said before rushing over to his machine.

“Y-you mean they’re gone?” I said at him as I went over to the machine with him. He began typing something on the machine.

“C-can’t you bring them back. I still.. I-I have to talk to Daehyun.” I said to Zelo with a trembling voice.

“I can’t bring then back just like that. But at least we don’t have to worry. The machine worked fine and so they’re in the right time period.” Zelo said staring at the computer screen.

“But how did they get their cloth-…” Zelo stopped talking and stared at the girl.

“Cindy….” Zelo seemed angry.

“Well they asked nicely so I just told them where to get their clothes.” Cindy shrugged.

“CINDYYY~!!!” Zelo grunted.

“But that’s all I did.  They had to change into it themselves and they even used your machine on their own.” Cindy raised her hand innocently.

“How could they just leave like that?...” I felt terrible.“

“Oh and one of them had something to say to you. I said he could just talk to the CCTV and you could see it since they seemed like they were in a rush.” Cindy pointed to the camera in the corner of the room.

“Show me quickly!” I rushed Zelo. He went back to  his computer and began typing. Even the key and writings are strange here but it didn’t spark my interest. Zelo then fast forward the video up until we saw Daehyun staring right at us.

“Yongguk, I’m sorry I have to leave.” I heard him faintly.

”Don’t worry about me. I’ll talk to Himchan about it. Please just wait.” He said looking so sad yet he was giving off a soft smile.

“Don’t you even dare touch Daehyun! Over my dead body. Now let’s go!” Himchan said before pulling Daehyun over to the machine.

“At this time was when the elevator had arrived.

“Y-Yongguk!” He shouted

“DAEHYUN!” The scene repeated. I saw myself rushing towards Daehyun only to be late. The screen turned white and when the colors came back the two was gone.

“Huhh~ well .. I guess that’s it..”

“W-what do you mean that’s it?” I was surprised by Zelo’s words.

“There’s nothing else I could do.” He said calmly

“Yes you can. Either I go to him or he comes to me. Did you not hear what I’ve been telling you? I have to talk to Daehyun!” I said madly as I grabbed Zelo’s collar. I was getting impatient and worried and mad all at once.

“He said to wait!” Zelo shouted back to me.

“I’m just going to leave then.” Cindy said be the two of us didn’t pay attention to her.

“He said to wait so just wait!” Zelo said pushing me away.

“Until when? What if he doesn’t come back?”

“HE WILL!” Zelo shouted.

“He said to wait so he will come back. I know that you’re worried about him and everything but just let them sort things out first. You will only make things worse for him.” Zelo said making me sad now.

“I… will only make things worse?” I said to myself softly.

“I don’t know much about human problems but the left like that meaning that they wanted to talk alone. Without you. So just wait patiently and he’ll come back.”

“But until when…” I said  as I crouched down and sat down on the floor and rubbed my head.

“I don’t know but just wait. I don’t want to cause any more problems so just bare with it.” Zelo said. I just closed my eyes and held back my tears.

‘I did wrong. I’m sorry’ I said in my head. Those were the words that I wanted to say to Daehyun.

‘I… I’ll let you go. I won’t be selfish anymore. But…. I love you though.’ I ruffled my hair in frustration.