Like a Date

Fairy's Fools (B.A.P)

 

Yongguk’s POV

“Tadah~! It’s cake.” I opened the box in front of him.

“Woah, they’re really pretty.” He smiled widely

“Yup, not only that but they taste really good too.”

“But they’re so pretty to eat.” Daehyun said back.

“You have to eat it otherwise it’ll get spoiled and then we’ll have to throw it out.” I said back.

“Okay then.” He frowned. I then handed him a fork and we began sharing the cakes.

“Try a bit of each and tell me which one you like the most.” I said to him.

“Yes.” He nodded and began trying all of them.

“Oh, this one is good.” He was surprised by the taste.

“That one chocolate cheese cake.” I read it off of the sheet. The rest of the time we were just eating quietly.

“So how was your first kiss?” I asked him out of curiosity.

“You’re just asking me to get mad at you!” Daehyun said back.

“I’m just curious. That wasn’t my first kiss but it definitely was great” I smirked.  It was true though. The kiss I had with Daehyun was very different and was really enjoyable. Daehyun glared at me and then ignored my question.

‘I guess I shouldn’t make him made’ I said in my head.

“So when are you going home again?” I asked him.

“Tomorrow I think.” He seemed a bit unhappy.

“Well tomorrow I don’t have work so I’m going to make sure you enjoy it with no problems of course.”

‘Unlike to day you were drowned.’ I said in my head.

“Where are you going to take me?” He asked

“To the zoo.” I smiled.

“What’s a zoo?”

“You’ll see tomorrow.”

“Ah, why do you always say things half way and then not explain it.”

“It’s more fun this way.”

The next day~

“Are you full?” I asked Daehyun. He gave me a happy nod.

“Good, now let’s go to the zoo!” I stood up.

“Finally.” He got up excited even though he doesn’t know what the zoo is. I helped him dress up and went on the bus

“Daehyun have you seen any animals up close?” I asked him.

“Umm I’ve seen birds, fish, rabbits, dogs, and sometimes foxes.” He said to me in which I smiled.

“Well do you like animals?”

“I guess so, some of them are cute and really interesting.” I smiled.

“You are going to love the zoo then. There will be a lot of animals.” I finally told him.

“Really, are we going to hunt them?”

“Oh no, we can’t the animals there are well protect and we can only look at them.”

“Really? Most of the animals I see are from hunting.” He smiled sheepishly. After riding the bus for a 15 minutes we got off and transferred to another bus and rode it for another 15 minutes.

“We’re here, come on” I got up told Daehyun to follow. The two of us approached the large gates and were greeted by animal statues.

“Oh, isn’t that a lion?!” Daehyun pointed.

“Yup, You’ve seen them before?” I asked him.

“Only in books. Is it real?” Daehyun backed up a bit from the lion statue.

“Oh no, it’s just a statue. They are all statues.” I giggled.

“Really? They all look so real.” Daehyun took a few steps forward.

“They do don’t they.” I smiled at his childish behavior. He was approaching the statues with so much curiosity. Just then he approached a goose and it spread its wings at him.

“Ahh~!” He ran over to me.

“It’s okay.” I giggled.

“It thought you said they were statues!” He shouted.

“They are except the gooses.” I giggled.

“It scared me.” He sighed.

“It’s just the gooses that are wandering around. All the other animals are in their cages.

“Why are they in cages?” He asked me.

“It’s because they could hurt you. It’s safer to look at them from a safe place don’t you think.”

“Then why would people keep them if they are dangerous?”

“Like you said earlier, they are interesting. Some of them are nice and some are just meat eaters.” I explained. We finally continued our way and purchased tickets to get in.

“Two adults.” I said to the lady. I turned to Daehyun who was looking around amazed. This place was pretty amazing. Gorgeous plants all round and live birds flying around.

‘If I am this amazed Daehyun must be even more astonished.’ I thought.

“You’re all set. I hope you have fun.” She said to us.

“Thanks. We can go in now Daehyun.” I said in which he turned around with a big smile before rushing inside.

“He’s so cute.” I said to myself. He walked ahead of me a few steps as he looked around the park as much as he could. I then searched around for the giant map and see where we should go first.

“Oh over there.” I walked over to it.

“Daehyun, where-“ I turned around to see him nowhere in sight.

“Daehyun?”

“Oh yes?” He popped out from my other side.

“Don’t wander off without telling me.” I said worried.

“Sorry.” He smiled as he stood beside me.

“What’s this?” He pointed to the big map.

“It’s a map of the entire zoo. What do you want to see first?” I asked him.

“Anywhere is fine.”

“I guess we can start from this side and work out way through the entire park.” I pointed.

“We’re going to go through all of this?” He was surprised.

“Yeah, it just might take us all day but we have nothing to do today.” I smiled.

“Let’s take and small map and head on.” I said taking one of the small maps.

“So this is the same as that but smaller?” He took a look at the maps in my hand.

“Yup. Now let’s go see the lemurs.” I smiled. Ever since we stepped into the zoo he was entertained every second. It was kind of trouble some explaining everything to him but it was worth it. He’s a curious child, what can I do about that.

“There are some many of them in so many different colors.” He smiled.

“Yup, well that’s all of the lemurs. Next is…. Oh the sting rays.” I smiled. I think stingrays are pretty interesting plus you get to touch them.

“What are sting rays?” Daehyun asked me.

“Daehyun, why don’t you see them first before asking.”

“Oh sorry.” He smiled shyly.

“It’s okay, but I’ll tell you about them as we get there.” I smiled. After explaining to him about stingrays we arrive to the stingray house and touched them. Daehyun was afraid at fist but afterwards he gotten use to it. He even wanted to try feeding them.

“That was really interesting, Where next?” He looked around the scenery.

“Umm dolphins. Let’s go get some snacks and go see the dolphin show.” I said to him.

“Dolphin show?” He was curious again.

“I know, I’ll wait till I see before asking you.” He smiled. I gave him a smile since he learns pretty quickly. I bought us a drink as well as some popcorn and candy before going to see the dolphin show. Again when the show began Daehyun was amazed. I told him that Dolphins are actually really smart and talent in which believes in me since he saw them doing tricks.

“They were so amazing.” He kept on  smiling even after the show ended.

“Didn’t I tell you the zoo is fun?” I smirked.

“Really fun, it’s a lot better then learning about them in books.” He chuckled.

“What are we going to see next?” He asked me before eating the last piece of popcorn.

“Ummm. Big cats. You know, the lions.” I smirked

“Real ones this time?” He giggled.

“Yes, real ones. Also there will be tigers, they look like lions but smaller and with strips. Also there will be leopards, which has spots.

“Yeah, I know about them.” He smiled. We walked through the fake mountain rage and saw all the big cats.

“Is it asleep?” He pointed to the lion sleeping near the glass.

“Yeah, go wake him up.” I joked.

“Can’t he break through?” Daehyun was worried.

“I don’t think so, the glasses here are really strong for protection.” I said and he trust in me since he walked over and began bothering the lion.

“Hello~?” He said to it in which I laughed. While he was busy bothering the lion I went nearby to buy some cotton candy for us. I kept my eye on him though.

“Daehyun, I think you bothered him enough, here try this.” I handed him a stick of pink cotton candy.

“Oh what’s this?” He asked again.

“It’s sugar but the spin it in a way that made it came out like this. It melts in your mouth.” I told him. I showed him how to eat it and again he was fascinated again.

“It really does melt.” He smiled. We then continued and saw animals from Australia and as well as all the hoofed animals. Daehyun told me that he has a horse in his time that ran really fast and had beautiful hair. We then took a break for lunch.

“What’s this?” Daehyun again asked me.

“It’s hot dog. You hold it like this and bite into it.” I demonstrated it for him to see.

“Why are they different?” He wouldn’t stop asking questions.

“I didn’t know which topping you like so I got 4 with different toppings” I gave him a smile. After  awhile of him staring at the hotdogs he decided to try it and surprisingly it was alright for him. We spent the rest of the day exploring the rest of the zoo. We only had half of the zoo left so it shouldn’t take that long. We saw hippos, ostriches, giraffes, bears, birds, reptiles, penguins, and all sorts of swamp animals. I’ve been here a long time ago but going again was still fun.

‘Daehyun seems really happy. It was a great idea to go to the zoo.’ I smiled.

“Woah, we saw so many animals and there’s still more.” He smiled brightly.

“There’s actually only 2 more places and it’s just in time because it’s getting dark.” I said to him.

“Just 2 more? Can I see the map, I want to find out which way to go.” He pouted.

“Okay, here.” I handed him the map.

“So we are here, and we just came out there. Where are we going next?” He asked me.

“The monkey house.” I pointed to it on the map.

“Uh, so we go this way.” He took a step forward.

“No, we go this way.” I turned him to a different direction.

“Really?” He seemed confused.

“Yeah. We are actually here.” I pointed on the map.

“Oh, he-he~ sorry.” He giggled and began leading the way. After visiting the noisy monkey house there was one last place that I wanted to take him and this was the perfect time.

“Have you seen butterflies before?” I asked him.

“I’ve seen a few. Why, are we going to go see some?” He asked me.

“Yup but something more.” I smiled as I walked beside him. We then approached a huge tent where the butterflies were.

“Let’s go in.” I gave him a half hug and pulled him in. When we walked inside it was exactly as I remember last time but even better since Daehyun was beside me. Butterflies were all over the place with beautiful flowers. The lighting was also dimmed so it gave the entire place a romantic feeling.

“Woah, this place looks amazing.” Daehyun smiled.

‘Should I ask him out?’ I said in my head as I stared at him. He was walking down the aisle  with his arms out relaxed.

‘No, I shouldn’t. He hates me enough already.’ I said in my head.

“Oh, Yongguk~” Daehyun whispered to me.

“What?” I approached him.

“It landed on me.” He showed me his hand but then the blue butterfly flew off.

“Aww” He frowned.

“You like this place?” I asked him.

“Yeah, it’s lovely. Very peaceful and pretty, from the plants to the butterflies.” He smiled.

“And you too.” I said softly and smiled as I stared at him. Daehyun heard me and so le gave me a weird look.

“Go on. Go look around and then we’ll go home.” I said to him and walked away since I didn’t want him yelling at me. Afterwards we walked out to the area where they blow a rough air against us to make sure there were no butterflies following us.

“Huhh~ that’s it.” I sighed. I turned to look at Daehyun who still has a smile. Just then his hair suddenly gotten long.

“Ommo!” I panicked.

“My hair turned back!” Daehyun was also surprised. I quickly reach for his hoodie and pulled it up over his head.

“Tuck all of your hair into the sweater.” I said as I helped him as well as looking around to see if anyone saw us.

“I guess it’s time to go home.” Daehyun said making me froze for a bit.

“Do you… have to leave?” I asked him feeling depressed and lonely.

“I don’t want my family to worry.” He gave me a soft smile.

‘That’s right, he still has his own family. I’m just a friend, a person her just met.’ I said in my head as I looked down to my feet.

“I’ll visit again whenever I can.” He said making me look up.

“Okay, come on, let’s go back to my apartment so that you can go home.” I gave him a smile so that he wouldn’t worry.



 

Sorry if I didn't explained their "date" well enough. 

Anyways thanks for reading~! ^-^