Apple Juice

Fairy's Fools (B.A.P)

 

Daehyun’s POV

I was looking around the store just like Yongguk had told me. It’s hard to believe that everything is real and part of the future.

‘So these are foods. Is it inside a package?’ I picked one of them up and examined it.

“I wonder how this taste like” I said to myself. I then saw a young lady trying to get something from the top shelf in which she could reach. I decided to help her a bit. I walked over the grabbed the package for her.

“Oh, thank you.” She said to me. I didn’t know what to say back so I just smiled.

“You’re Yongguk’s friend right?” She asked me.

“Yes.”  I nodded.

“What’s your name?” She asked me.

“His name is Daehyun, isn’t he a cutie.” Another young lady came over to me.

“Yes, I’m Daehyun.” I gave them a small bow.

“I’m Sunhwa and she’s Jieun.”

“He told me you were from the country side. Have you seen these before?” She picked one of the packages.

“No, I’ve never seen these before.” I said to her.

“You speak in a heavy accent.” The young lady names Jieun said.

“I’m sorry I’m use to talking this way.” I said hopefully they wouldn’t suspect anything.

“Since you are such a cutie I will let you have 2 things from this store.” The young lady named Sunhwa said

“You are going to give me 2 thing in here?”

“Yup, since you’re such  cutie.” She giggled.

‘What’s does cutie?’ I wondered.

“Want me to help you pick?” Jieun asked me.

“Would you help me? I’m not sure what most of these are.”

‘Actually I don’t know what any of these are.’ I said in my head.

“Of course. What do you like?” She asked me.

“I’m not sure.” I said back.

“Well you can get a drink and a snack.” She said.

‘I wonder if I should get something for Yongguk.’ I said in my head.

“Can I give one to Yongguk?” I asked her.

“How about you get two drinks then.” She asked.

“Drinks~” I looked around the store to see what looks like a drink.

“Their over here” She walked over to what looks like a small room.

“Oh Banana Milk!” I saw behind the glass door.

“Do you want that then?” She asked

‘I don’t think so, I want to try something new~’ I thought.

“Which drink do you like?” I asked her

“The apple juice is pretty good.” She pointed.

“I’ll get that the apple juice then.” I said smiling. She then opened the door and took one of the drinks out.

“Okay, now what drink do you want to get for Yongguk?”

“What does he like?” I asked out loud.

“He likes beer but I don’t think Sunhwa will allow getting that.” She said giggling.

‘Beer?’ I remember hearing that before.

‘Oh, he was drinking that last time, He said it was like rice wine.’ I said in my head.

“Let’s just get two apple juice.” She said getting another one. She then gave the two drinks to me. They were really cold and the container had a lot of colors on it.

‘I wonder if it taste good?’ I then saw a picture of what looks like a red pear.

‘I suppose it’s like pear juice?’ I thought as I shook the container to hear liquid swishing inside.

“You done Daehyun?” Sunhwa came by us.

“Yes,” Jieun said happily.

“Two apple juice.” I showed her.

“Okay, make sure to drink them well and come back to buy some more.” Sunhwa gave me a pat on my arm.

‘Women in this time seems a lot more open and friendlier.’ I thought.

 “Daehyun!” Yongguk called out to me. I quickly made my way over to him.

“We can go now” He said to me.

“Aww already?” They seem disappointed.

“What this?” He looked at the drinks in my hand.

“One is for you.” I handed it to him.

“Uh, thanks.” He accepted it.

“Daehyun I said two things for yourself, not for this idiot!” Sunhwa seemed mad.

‘Is she really mad that I got it for him?’ I thought.

“Calm down women.” Yongguk said backing up from her.

“Whatever, since Daehyun got it for you I’ll let it slide.” She said crossing her arm.

“It’s free?” Yongguk asked as he stood beside me.

“Yeah, from me~.” Sunhwa said smiling softly unlike earlier when she was mad.

‘She changes her mood quick.’ I thought.

“Unless you want to pay for it, I would be happy to accept it.” She said holding her hand out.

‘What are they talking about?’ I was getting a bit confused.

“No thanks.” Yongguk pushed h

“Bye~” I said to them hopefully it was the right way.

“Are they your friends?” I asked him.

“Yes, they’re weird so don’t pay much attention to them.” He said.

“So you are just here to see me?” He asked as we walked down the sidewalk in which Zelo explained to me earlier.

“Yes.” I nodded. Yongguk then I guess opened the bottle of apple juice and drank it. I think he just twist the top and it comes off.

‘How do I open this?’ I wondered as I looked at his.

“Oh you don’t know how to open this right?’ He held the bottle up.

“Yes, can you show me?” I said holding my bottle up.

“Yes, you see that here there’s a line, just grip on top of it and twist this way with all your strength.” He said using his own drink as an example. I then followed his instructions and finally got it open.

“Oh, it opened.” I smiled.

“Now just continue turning until it comes off.” He said. Once the top can off I brought the drink up to my lips and took a sip. It was very sweet and surprisingly good.

“Like it?” Yongguk asked.

“Yes, very refreshing.” I gave him a smile.

“Once you’re done, just put the lid back on and twist the other way so that it’s closed. Then it’s not going to spill.” Yongguk said as he shook his bottle and even turned I upside down.

“So how long are you staying this time?” He asked before taking another sip from the bottle.

“3 days.” I said which made him choke on his drink

“3 DAYS?!?!?” He shouted as he wiped his mouth. The two of us stood there and began talking about where I was going to stay, what I’m going to eat, the clothes that I’m going to wear, and especially where I was going to get money. To all those questions my answer was just ‘I don’t know’. Zelo didn’t tell me anything besides staying here with Yongguk for 3 days. After a moment Yongguk calmed down we continued walking.

“Are you mad at me?” I asked

“No, of course not. I’m actually kind of happy you thought about visiting me, it’s just that Zelo just left you here unplanned of what’s going to happen next. So I’m just mad at Zelo.” He said which made me happy.

‘It’s good that he’s not mad at me.’ I smiled.

“Ummm so would you like to take a walk around the block so that you can look around?” He asked me.

“It’s up to you, I don’t want to bother you.” I said.

“Oh be careful!” Yongguk pulled on my arm making me flying towards him. Afterwards I heard a loud noise. I turned to see that it car from a car that went by.

“You should stay in the inside. The drivers here drive very fast and close to the sidewalk. It’s safe to just stand in the inside.” He said moving me to his other side.

“Thank you.” I thanked him as I gave a small bow.

“No problem, and loosen up a bit. You don’t have to be so formal  to me.” He said

“Oh, I’ll try.” I looked down to my feet.

“I guess we can walk this way and then around the block so that we can get to my apartment afterwards.” He said in which I just agreed. The scene around me was just so fascinating and I can’t seem to understand it very well no matter how much I tried. When we were walking down the street something caught my eye. It looks like the clothing that people during my time wore.

Yongguk’s POV

“What is it?” I asked as I followed his gaze. He then rushed off to the store ahead of us. Thankfully it wasn’t across the street or he might have been run over by a car.

“Yongguk, what’s this store?” He pointed.

“Oh this is a place where you can try on hanboks and take pictures. People wore hanboks during your time right?” I said to him in which he nodded.

“Can we go look inside?” He said like a little kid wanting to go into a toy store.

“Umm sure.” I said.

‘We’re not going to try any on though because I don’t have a lot of money.’ I said in my head.

“Welcome to our store, would you like to try on some Hanbok for some photos.” The lady asked us.

“Uh, we just want to look around for now.” I said to her. Daehyun immediately walked over to the clothes.

“Oh, this looks exactly like the clothes Himchan usually wear.” He said.

“Who’s Himchan?” I asked

“He’s a friend and cousin.” He smiled widely.

“Umm I don’t have a lot of money on me so we’re not trying anything on.” I said which made him look a bit disappointed.

“Umm but I guess we can use my credit card.”

“So I can try these one then?” He smiled widely.

“Yeah.”

“In my time all I wore was the same prince robe everyday, just looking at it makes me irritated. I always wanted to try different clothing on but the Queen doesn’t let me.” He said. I just looked around just in case someone was around and heard our conversation. They might think of us as weirdoes or like mentally ill patients.

“Well if you like one then just take it out and you can try it on.” I said.

“Oh just me? What about you?”  He asked not smiling.

“Oh I don’t want to do this.” I said which made him look sad.

“What’s with that face?! Huh~ fine I’ll wear one too.” I gave in.

“Thank you Yongguk. I really want to see you in a hanbok.” He smiled.

“Seeing you two so handsome and being our 1000th customer since we’ve opened our store, we’ll give you a big discount if you would like to take some photos.” The lady said to us. I was going decline but then I thought about Daehyun. He probably would want to have photo to remember this moment so I said that we’d take some photos. The two o us split up to take a  look around  the store.  There were so many different kinds of Hanboks. There were male’s, females, and even for children too. I then saw a pretty white hanbok and then my eyes wandered to Daehyun.

‘Since I’m already paying for this then you should try that on.’ I smirked.

“Daehyun, can you try this on?” I picked up the white hanbok and walked over to him.

“Which one?” He asked.

“This one.” I showed the white hanbok to him.

“Eh? Isn’t this…..”


 

Cliff hanger~ Thank you for reading! ^-^