Hanbok

Fairy's Fools (B.A.P)

Daehyun’s POV

“Eh? Isn’t this… a women’s hanbok?” I asked him. As I looked at the white hanbok with vague patterns on it.

“Of course not, try it on.” He pushed it to me.

“I’m really sure it’s a woman’s hanbok.” I said holding it as I examined the pieces of clothing. I wanted to be sure so I went over to look for the lady in charge of the store.

“Wait Daehyun, where are you going?” Yongguk grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

“I’m going to ask her if this is a woman’s hanbok or not, I am sure this isn’t for men.” I said going to walk away when he stopped me again.

‘Why is he acting this way?’I wondered. Just then the lady walked over to us.

“Oh excuse me, this is a women’s hanbok, is it not?” I asked her.

“Yes, this one is for females.” She said looking at me.

“See Yongguk.” I said looking at him who gave a shy smile.

“Okay, but can’t you wear it?” He bit down on his bottom lip.

“Why, I’m a man?” I said confused by him.

‘Why does he want me to wear a woman’s hanbok?’ I said in my head.

“You’ll look good in it.” He said with a charming smile.

‘I think I should just do whatever he tells me to do since I am in his care for the next two days. Plus how can I say no to a smile like that?’ I couldn’t help but to give a smile back.

“But, still how would I fit in it?” I asked awkwardly. The lady and Yongguk just looked at each other and then back to me

“It you insist on wearing it then I can get a larger dress slip for you.” She said with a slight giggle.

“Problem solved. Now go try it on.” He smiled widely.

“Where should I go to put it on.” I asked as I looked around.

“Oh the changing room is over there.” The lady pointed. When looking over there something caught my attention.

“Yongguk, you should wear this one then.” I went over and grabbed the white hanbok that matched mines. This one I believe was for men.

“I don’t look too good in hanboks” He pushed it away.

“But you said you would wear one.” I frowned. He seemed to remember that he promised me and so he let out a sigh.

“Fine,” He said weakly as he grabbed the hanbok.

“Good and after changing would you two like to take a photo?” She asked us.

‘What’s a photo?’ I wondered

“Yeah, I would like to keep a photo of him in that.” Yongguk giggled.

“Is it really entertaining for me to wear a female hanbok?” I asked him.

“Yeah, now let’s go change.”

“Who shall I help first?” The lady asked.

“I’m fine, I know how to wear this.” I said as I head over to the changing area that she told us.

“Yeah, I’m going to need help with this.” I heard Yongguk said behind me. The lady told me to change behind the folded screen that was in a room that was covered by a piece of cloth that hanged from the ceiling. She said it was a curtain. Yongguk was right next to my room, which was separated by a piece of cloth. I began by laying the piece of clothing out in order and placed them on top of the folding screen. The women’s hanbok is similar to men hanbok so it wasn’t that difficult. I also learned how to wear hanboks from a book.

‘I knew that book would be useful.’ I smiled. I really think that I learned everything to the point that I was learning unneeded things. I heard Yongguk was talking to the lady on the other side. I then began taking off my clothes. I didn’t quite know how to take the bottom piece of clothing off. It was more complicated then the top. I placed those on the chair so that I can put them back on later.

“First I wear the sokbaji and then the sokchima.” I said to myself. After wearing the dress slip I looked at my own body.

‘Eh~ This doesn’t seem right, but then again it’s not.’ I thought

“Ya-hoo~!” Yongguk shouted as he lifted the curtain up quickly but then let it dropped back down

“YAH!” I shouted

“We’re boy guys so why panic.” He giggled.

“So it’s normal for guys to look at each other when ?” I asked him.

“Well not really but it’s not as strict and such problem. Beside we look the same since we‘re both guys.” He said

“Oh.” I just said as I just try to comprehend the life of people in the time.

‘The people during this seems to be really close to each other between the same genders.’ I thought. I then continued putting on the clothing.

“Next is beoseon and then the chima” I put it on and wrapped the ribbon from the back to the front and tied it.

“And last is the jeogori.” I said putting it on and tying the strap.

“Daehyun, are you done changing?” Yongguk shouted.

“Yes.” I turn to look into the big clear mirror behind me.

“So embarrassing, if abeoji sees me like this I think he’s going to kill me.” I said softly. I then pushed the curtain aside and walked out. Yongguk turned around and looked at me with wide eyes. Not to mention a small smile on his lips.

“Do I look good in this?” I asked them.

“Y-yeah, you look great.” He smiled widely.

“It actually matches you more than I had expected.” She said as she walked over to me

“Oh you got everything on correctly.” The lady nodded as she examined the clothing.

“As expected.” Yongguk smiled widely.

“Have you worn, one before~” Yongguk whispered to me.

“Of course not! I read about it in a book.”

“Let me go call my daughter out, she will be the one taking the pictures.” the lady said walking into the back.

“You look great in these clothing too. Very handsome” I giggled.

“Really? The pants look a bit funny.” He said moving around.

“They are all like that.” I giggled.

“What are we going to do now?” I asked him.

“We’re going to take a photo. It’s like a painting but a lot easy, quicker, and better. Here’s one.” He pointed to the wall. It seemed like a painting like he said but it was very clear as if it was real. There were two people in there that were wearing hanboks just like Yongguk and I but one was a man and the other was a woman.

“This is really interesting and beautiful.” I was amazed by it.

“So we can look like this when she takes a photo of us?” I asked him

“Yeah, oh look there’s the set.” He walked over to an area that had a big sheet of colored paper in the back.

“This is my daughter Sunny. A professional photographer.” The lady came back with her daughter.

“Umma, I’m not a professional yet.” She said back making her umma embarrassed.

“Hello I’m Sunny-awww~ you two so cute together! I should get some accessories for him to put on his hair.” The young lady said but her umma pulled her away.

“How can you be so rude!” her umma shouted to her softly

“Umma~! Come one that wasn’t rude. Admit it they are cute together!” She said hitting her umma on the arm.

“Yongguk” I pulled on his sleeve.

“Yeah?” Yongguk raised an eyebrow

“In this time, it’s okay to hit your parents?” I asked him

“Although this time is more advanced and all but we’re not crazy to do that.” Yongguk said back.

“Oh but that young lady just hit her umma on the arm.” I said to him

“Oh, that’s just playing around. Like I said people in this time are very outgoing. They are like friends sometime but most of the time they are probably just how mothers and daughters are.” Yongguk explained. The young lady then came back with a hairpin I believe.

“Can I put this on you? You’ll look great with it.” She said. I just gave her a nod.

“So what’s you name?” She asked me.

“I’m Jung Daehyun.” I said as she placed it in my hair.

“You have a cute accent.” She giggled.

“H-he speaks like that a home where he lives.” Yongguk said to her.

“Oh, and what’s your name?” She asked Yongguk.

“I’m Yongguk. So we’re going to take pictures here?” Yongguk pointed to the area.

“Yeah. So how long have you two been date?” She asked.

‘Date?’ I didn’t know what that meant.

“Oh, we’re not dating, we’re just friends.” Yongguk said abruptly.

“Oh wait you need shoes.” She said.

“Here Sunny. I already took care of it.” Her umma came back with shoes.

“Thanks umma, here wear them” She place a pair down for Yongguk and me.

“Okay, you look beautiful. Both of you don’t need makeup. Now you two go in there.” She said telling us to go into the area. Yongguk and I went in and stood there side-by-side with some distance. She then picked up a black object.

“What’s that?” I asked him.

“That’s a camera, that's how she’s going o take out picture.”

“That little thing?” I was surprised.

“Okay, umm can you to get a bit closer?” She said to us. The two of us moved a bit closer but she still wanted us to get closer. Yongguk then placed a hand on me and pulled me into him making me surprised.

“Sorry but I guess this is what she wanted. Now smile at the camera.” Yongguk whispered to me as he smiled. I tried smiling but I wasn’t sure if it was good or not.

“Perfect, 1-2-3- cheese~!” She said and then a bright light came from the camera.

“Okay, now a different pose.” She said.

“That was it?” I asked Yongguk.

“Yup, it was quick right?”

“I’m never good at this.” Yongguk said softly.

“Why don’t you carry him?” She said to Yongguk.

“What? I don’t think I can.” Yongguk said giggling awkwardly.

“That wouldn’t be appropriate.” I said to him.

“Come on, loosen up a bit.” He whispered as he massages my arms.

‘I want to but this all seems so different.’ I said in my head.

“Come one he seems light. I’ll try to do it quick.” She smiled. Yongguk let out a sigh before picking me up off the ground.

“Oh~!” I was shocked.

“Okay, 1-2-3-cheese~!” The flash then blinded me once again.

“Now let’s change the background.” She said walking over to us.

“You two can go change into a different hanbok.” She said to us. My eyes were fixed on Sunny when she pressed a button and the colored paper began to move. The blue sheet that was from before slowly went away as a sheet with flowers came down.

‘Woah~ it’s so easy to change it.’ I thought.

“Hey Daehyun~” Yongguk said in a happy voice I turned around to see that he was holding up another female hanbok.

“You should wear that.” I giggled.

“I won’t look good in it.”

“Please~” he pleaded me.

‘Why does he want me to wear women’s hanbok?’ I wondered.

“Since you are paying for this. I’ll wear it.’” I said taking the hanbok and went to the changing area. This time the hanbok he chose was light pink with a yellow jeogori. It was indeed pretty but for me, a Prince, to be wearing a female Hanbok is just a disgrace. I took the ious hanbok off and put the other one on. I came out only to receive some stares.

“You look great in this one too” Yongguk smiles.

“Oh you two look just like a couple.”

“Couple?” I looked at Yongguk and began thinking.

Ah~ Husband and wife, then I’m his wife?’ I was surprised. Sunny then changed our shoes and chose a different hairpin for me.

“How many photos are we taking?” Yongguk asked her.

“6 is the minimum.” She said to him.

“Okay, can we get two copies? One for him and one for me.” He said point at me.

“Of course. You two can get in now.” She said going to where she was before with her camera. I follow Yongguk to the set with the flowers in the background.

‘Does the flower appear to be real in the photo?’ I wondered. After taking two photos in the flower scene she changed the background again and took 2 more photos. The last pair of clothes Yongguk chose for me was a princess Hanbok.

“If abeoji saw this he would fall down ill. His son, a prince, wearing a princess hanbok~” I frowned.

“This is just for fun, besides he won’t see the photos.” Yongguk said. With that we continue on with me wearing a princess hanbok and Yongguk was wear a back royal hanbok. It was kind of fun once I forgot about the issue and just smiled for the camera. We stood in all sorts of positions in front of the camera.

“Can we see the photos?” Yongguk asked her.

“Oh yeah, they should show up on the computer.” She said walking us over to somewhere. All three of us looked into an object that looked like a small TV. Just then the photos of Yongguk and I popped up.

“Oh, it’s us.” I was surprised.

“I don’t look that bad” Yongguk said smirking. The two of us then went to change back into our previous clothes. Yongguk went to pay as I just sat down and look at the photos on the computer.

“We can go now Daehyun!” He shouted. I quickly got up and went over to him.

“Thank you for coming, you can pick up the photo tomorrow evening.” She said to us.

“Thank you.” I gave her a bow before we left the store.

“Did you have fun?” He asked me

“Yes, so we can get the photos tomorrow?”

“Yeah, I will have a copy and you will have a copy so that you can bring it back home to look at.” He said smiling.

“Something to remember you?” I said back making him look elsewhere.

“You must be hungry, let’s go eat.” He said leading the way.


I had a little fun with the cover photo. Sorry if it's too blurry :P

For those curious in how the hanboks look, here are some pictures.

I added a few extra details for the first one in the story so it's not exactly the same.

Hanbok Set #1

Hanbok Set #2

Hanbok Set #3

Thanks for reading~! ^-^