knowing you

everyday i fool the world

I woke up early today. I guess I'm very excited to visit the hospital and finally solve one of my life's mysteries: Hearty.

I took a bath and dressed up with a simple white shirt, pants and sneakers. I don't really feel the need to dress up prettily even though my mother will probably nag me later.

I went down and immediately headed towards the kitchen. Judging from the wonderful aroma floating in the air, Robert's already cooking.

"Good morning Robert." I said as I got myself a glass of milk.

"Oh miss. You're up early, this is shocking. Should I call your parents to celebrate?" He teased me as he glanced at me without totally dividing his attention from cooking.

I rolled my eyes.

"Ha-ha. I don't wake up super late!" I whined and sat on the nearby stool.

"If you say so. I remember having to deliver you directly to your class room because you're late~" He teased me some more.

"Aargh." I muttered as I rested my head on the counter. Robert just laughed at me while he sliced some fruits.

"Oh, Robert good morning! I should've woke up earlier to hel--dear?" My mom stopped talking as she saw me slumped on the counter. I just moved my head a little to acknowledge her.

"You're up early, are you sick?" She asked with a worried voice as she walked towards me and carressed my forehead to check if I feel hot. Robert started laughing again.

"Mom! Of course not. Why are you all surprised to see me awake early in the morning!" I whined as I sat up immediately causing my mom to back off and giggle.

"Well dear, we've seen you grow, and as much as we love you for being our perfect daughter, we just have to agree that waking up early is not one of your assets." My dad laughed as he ruffled my hair and kissed my mother's cheek. They were laughing at me. I wish to have the house to myself again with no one to laugh at me for waking up early.

I sat there and pouted.

Robert and mom served the food while dad and I set the table. After that, we began eating since my parents are going back home after breakfast while I, on the other hand, has some special thing to do in town.

"You take care dear and call us for anything. We'll miss you." My mom hugged me and dad ruffled my hair.

I leaned on my car as I waved goodbye to them. I started moving when I can no longer see them.

I drove my car towards town and I can't help but feel nervous of the outcome. I slowly carressed the pendant dangling beneath my shirt.

After a few minutes, I arrived in the hospital and I parked in the nearest available parking space.

I walked towards the Medical Records Section and knocked on the door gently.

"Come in." I heard the familiar voice of Mr. Erickson from the inside. I opened the door and walked inside. He glanced up from the papers he was holding and motioned me to take a seat.

"Hello, Ms. Im." He smiled.

"Good morning Mr. Erickson. Well, my father said hi and he asked if you would like to play tennis again with them." I replied.

"Oh, I'd love to. Maybe I should visit them some time. About the record you were asking, well, we have it now. I don't really know what to find so, I will just let you read for yourself." He said as he stood up from his chair and opened one of the drawers in the cabinet behind him. He turned around and handed me a folder.

"Is it okay if I take it with me?" I asked as I held the folder in my hands.

"Well, you can but you have to return it within this day." He answered as he sat back down again.

"Okay sir. I'll return it this afternoon. Thank you very much." I said as I stood up from my chair.

"You're welcome. I hope you find what you're looking for."He said and smiled. I smiled back and went out the room.

I hope so, I hope I'll find you Hearty.

I drove my car to the park I passed earlier. I parked and put on my sunglasses. I picked a bench beneath a big oak tree and sat there. I stared at the folder and observed it. I opened the pages and just read the contents.

Wow. I have no idea where to look. I guess I'll have to read from cover to cover. Let's see.

It's all about me. I've read something about a girl carried with me but there is no mention of her name. I sighed.

I guess it's not that easy to find you.

I stood up from the bench and started to look for a place to eat. I haven't eaten lunch and it's now past one.

I drove around town and finally settled in a family-owned restaurant. I sat at a table near the glass window and a short girl, I think a little older than me approached me and asked for my order.

"Hi. I'm Sunny, welcome to Lee's Resto!" She said as she handed me the menu. I smiled at her and scanned the foods they offer. They all look good. Finally I settled with a carbonara and orange juice. She then jotted down my order and excused herself. Having nothing to do while waiting for my order, I went out to my car to get the folder. I want to read it again just in case I missed it the first time. My car was just parked right outside the window near my table.

When I came back, Sunny was already there with my order.

"Oh, nice car miss!" She said as she placed the food in the table. I smiled at her.

"Thanks."

"My friend has one exactly like that but it's red." She thoughtfully said. I looked at her and smiled.

"You're friends with Kwon Yuri?" Wow. Now I'm talking about another one of those mysteries in my life.

"You know Yuri? Well, she's one of my best friends." She chirped.

"Uhm, I just know her by name but we haven't met. But I know her cousin Jessica and their friends Tiffany, Seohyun and Sooyoung." I smiled again and motioned her to sit down. Well, I just want to talk with someone right now. She obliged and sat down. She laughed.

"Poor you, you met my crazy friends! They're at the lakeside right now enjoying the summer break. Too bad I'm stuck here." She pouted and I laughed.

"Why didn't you go with them? It's nice out there, I went there once." I said.

"Well, mom said the place missed me. But I'm gonna be done here by this week so I think I'll spend the rest of my summer there. Oh yeah! You can come there next week to meet Yuri!" She clapped her hands in joy. Then she stopped and looked at me.

"Uhm, I don't know you're name."

My eyes went big and I blushed red.

"Oh my God. I'm sorry, it's rude of me. I'm Yoona. Im Yoona." I said and extended my hand for a handshake.

She smiled and shook my hand.

"That's better Yoona! I think Yuri's gonna love to meet you, I mean she'll like your car."

"They told me that. I think my car and Yuri are meant to be." We both laughed. Then someone called her from the kitchen and she excused herself as we exchanged numbers.

Now, now Kwon Yuri, you just keep on appearing in my life.

I shook my head gently and smiled as I started eating my late lunch. I read the folder again but no name of the other girl was there.

I finished my meal, paid the bill and bid Sunny goodbye. I drove back to the hospital.

"Mr. Erickson, thank you for letting me have this." I said as I gave the folder back,

"Well, did you find what you were looking for?" He inquired. I sadly shook my head and he understood with a nod.

"Uhm, when we were looking for this file, we found another one a little similar to yours."

"What do you mean?"

"I have here the file of another girl rushed here the same day. It's just that she didn't drown but she fainted." He turned around and looked through a pile of folders. My eyes went wide and I smiled faintly.

He handed the folder to me.

"Try this. It's heart breaking seeing you sad. I guess you're looking for something really special." He gave a small smile.

I sat on the chair and started to read. My heart started to pound on my chest as I read every word. This is really Hearty. I looked for the name, I gasped. No. it can't be. I scanned through all of the pages but the name didn't change.

I guess you are someone I really need to meet. Kwon Yuri.

I smiled and thanked Mr. Erickson. I was dazed. I feel like I was floating. When I arrived home, I didn't bother to eat, I collapsed on my bed.

Kwon Yuri, my first love, you're my Hearty.

My dreams didn't fail me as once again I spent my night dreaming of the girl, but now, I can see her face clearly.

I can't wait to meet you.