a girl and a chance

everyday i fool the world

People say I was born an actress.

I quickly covered my oh so pitiful state by waving frantically at the girls on their bikinis looking all cool and y. 

Wow. Thank God it's a women's world here. 

"Hey Yoona!" Tiffany shouted while she ran towards me. All the other girls followed her with easy steps.

"Hi guys!" I smiled at them.

"It's great you didn't get lost in the woods and get bitten by a wolf and turn into some werewolf and forever live a life in utter misery and seclusion from this scornful world." Jessica stoicaly stated as she stood beside me while crossing her arms. All of us looked shocked hearing her words.

"Well, unnie, if she actually get a bite from a wolf she'd probably die first from infection, if she don't get her wounds treated immediately. As of becoming a werewolf, I don't think she'll necessarily seclude herself from the world. Who knows she'll meet awesome werewolves who look like Jacob!" Seohyun said and squealed at the end, fangirling over the shirtless guy on the movies.Tiffany and Sooyoung just nodded while Jessica just shrugged.

Their group of friends really is something.

"Uhm, well, enough with werewolves girls! Yoona, why don't we get you something inside the house? Would you like some cookies? I baked them myself." Tiffany eye-smiled at me. Sooyoung who was behind her noiselessly made a face of someone dying, rolling her eyes up like she convulsed and stuck her tongue out while tilting her head. Jessica joined her and started drying fake tears while looking up to the heavens. I looked at Seohyun to see if she knows what they are tring to say but she looked so dazed, maybe still imagining that shirtless guy.

I looked back at Tiffany and smiled.

"Sure."

And with that, Sooyoung and Jessica just shook their heads and sighed.

We went up the stairs while Tiffany put on a pink robe and showed me inside.

It was warm and cozy, pictures lined the walls and it's really peaceful being so white and clean. There are big glass windows and glass doors that looked like you are outside by the lake. Tiffany told me to sit down while she went to get the cookies. I looked around the living room.

There's a fireplace, with framed photographs on top. There's a black piano next to the glass wall. The couches and pillows and even the TV are all black, contrasting the white house. The small table on the center was made of glass with black wooden legs. It was a great place. It doesn't look that old to me.

"The house is nice isn't it? My uncle owns this, but actually it's from our grandparents. He inherited this. This was quite an old house before but uncle transformed this into this cool place now. He's a great architect." Jessica said as she slumped at the couch and grabbed a pillow, she's dressed in short shorts and a shirt now. 

"I think too. It's my first time being here but I already feel comfortable." I stated as I picked a framed photo of two girls on top of the piano as she sat on the stool. I stayed quiet and saw Jessica peeking through the pillow that covered her face as she laid in the couch.

"That's my cousin and well, me. She loves playing that piano. We took that photo at her graduation. She's beautiful isn't she? Too bad she's quite busy right now." She murmured while looking through her phone, looking bored.

"I agree. It would've been a pleasure to meet her in person." I said while I returned the frame in its original position.

Before Jessica could respond Sooyoung jumped and tackled her.

"Yah! Choi Sooyoung! You wanna die right now?!" Jessica glared at Sooyoung who was laughing her off.

"Hahaha! Sorry. You looked so funny, unnie~~" Sooyoung said with aegyo.

"Stop that or I swear you'll never see the light of day again!" Jessica screamed while hitting the other girl with the pillow with all her might. Sooyoung just blocked it with her long arms and laughed off again.

Seohyun and Tiffany came in with the younger girl carrying a tray full of black circles.

"Well, since you guys say you're full, I'll give all the cookies left to Yoona. Okay?" Tiffany called out.

Jessica, Sooyoung and Seohyun froze and looked at me. I swear, they looked like someone died.

I reached out my hand to the tray and looked at the cookies.

"Chocolate? I like chocolate!" I said while getting one.

"Nope. They're vanilla, oatmeal, banana cookies." Tiffany smiled warmly at me.

I'm at a loss for words. My brow went high, unconciously.

Should I really eat this thing? But it would be rude not to eat.

I sighed as I neared the cookie to my mouth. I can smell it and I can totally say that my tummy's gonna suffer, all right.

I munched on the whole cookie I placed inside my mouth. I thought if I ate it whole I don't have to suffer longer. I tried so hard not to show any sign of disapproval in my face. I just smiled and swallowed hard. I can see all of them looking at me. One pair of eyes looked happy while the other three showed mixed emotions of shock, adoration and horror.

I smiled again as I finished the cookie, but too bad my mouth seemed to be contaminated that the taste stayed on. I kept on swallowing and gulping all the time.

"I should get you some juice, unnie." Seohyun saved me and exited.

"See guys? Even Yoona eats it! You are just jealous of my marvelous cooking skills!" Tiffany exclaimed while she sat down next to Sooyoung and Jessica on the couch.

"You should really stop baking." Jessica said, seriously. Tiffany looked hurt and pouted at her.

"No. What I meant was, my cousin wouldn't like it if her precious supplies get wasted. She loves to cook you know." Jessica tried to explain.

"Wasted?!" Tiffany's brow went high.

"She meant that, well, she meant--" Sooyoung tried to help Jessica but was speechless as well. I think they don't want to hurt their friend.

"I think they mean that maybe because her cousin isn't here and might be shocked seeing her supplies depleted if she ever come here again." I tried to reason out for the two tongue-tied girls.

Seohyun came and gave me orange juice which I drank immediately trying to wash away the cookie's taste.

"Yeah. I think she's right unnie." Seohyun seconded and the two girls nodded.

"Oh well. I know she wouldn't mind. We're all friends and besides, she's quite supportive with me cooking and all. No need to worry. And we can buy more supplies in town if needed be." Tiffany smiled and the girls let out a breath of relief.

"I really think I should be a chef." She continued.

"No comment." All of us remaining girls said and laughed aloud at the funny face Tiffany has.

After spending some good time with them, I decided to go home since I don't want to go home late.

"I think I should go guys. Thank you for welcoming me here." I said as I rose from my seat. My phone beeped. It was Honey. I unconciously smiled.

"Heeey~ Yoona has a boyfriend!" They teased. I just smiled at them.

"It's not surprising seeing how pretty she is." Jessica uttered.

"Yeah. I wish I have one too!" Seohyun said.

"Maybe one with nice abs and turns into a dog during full moon will be great for you Seo!" Sooyoung laughed as she teased the poor girl. We all laughed, except for Seohyun who just pouted and muttered something like 'they must be team edward'.

They went with me to my car.

"Whoah. Nice car dude!" Sooyoung whistled.

"Yeah. You have the same car as Yuri-unnie." Seo said.

"Yuri?" I asked. It was my first time hearing that name from them.

"She's the cousin I was talking about." Jessica said.

"Yep. Yuri loves her red car so much. She will be happy to meet you and your car." Tiffany smiled.

"Well, I'd love to meet her and her car too." I said while I got in and rolled down the window. 

"I'll go girls! 'Til next time!"

"Hey wait! How can we be such idiots!" Sooyoung smacked her forehead. We all looked at her, surprised.

"We should totally get your number. Since you're like basically one of our friends now." She continued while she got her phone from her jeans.

"Oh yeah. Sure." I replied getting mine too. We exchanged numbers.

"We'll keep in touch and visit often!" Sooyoung added. I nodded and drove off. I closed my window and drove slowly away from the white house.

Yuri huh. A beautiful girl who plays the piano, loves to cook and drives around a red car like mine. She's like my perfect match. Wait. Red?

I smiled as I remember the encounter I had earlier before coming to the white house.

I would really, really love to meet you Yuri-sshi.

Then I heard my phone beeping. It's Honey! How could I ever think of Yuri as my match? Now, that wouldn't be cheating on my Honey right?

I frowned. Cheating is never good.

I immediately went home, as I was excited to text Honey which I can't do while driving.

I dropped my keys at the fish bowl and plopped at the couch.

I looked at my messages.

from: Honey

hi hon. i miss you.

 

from: Honey

are you busy hon?

 

from: Honey

you're not cheating on me, are you? :(

 

I smiled at her silliness. Of course I will never cheat on my Honey.

I texted back.

to: Honey

Of course not hon. I was just driving so I can't really text back immediately. i'm sorry~ :(

 

from: Honey

no need to be sorry hon. you should really not text while you're driving, okay? i don't want you to get hurt. i don't mind waiting. you're worth it. :)

 

awww. cheezy Honey! I smiled and blushed.

How could I ever think of having another girl as my perfect match when I already have someone who can make me this happy? Even with this kind of relationship, I'm willing to put my heart on the line, just for you Hon.

to: Honey

you're so sweet hon. i love you. and uhm, i would like to meet you.

I sent the message and gasped.

OMG. Am I really ready for this?

I panicked.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

My phone beeped.

from: Honey

i love you too hon. i want to meet you too. but, are you really sure? our relationship might change afterwards. i don't want that. it'll hurt me.

I paused and stared at the message. She's right. I don't want us to change if ever we might be disappointed when we see each other.

Am I really sure about this?

Hell. Why would I be disappointed? That's Honey I'm going to finally meet.

I was so confused. What if she will hate me if she finds out I'm a girl? What if she won't like me?

My confidence started to fade away as I look around the living room.

My eyes lit up when I saw something on top the table.

The Diary.

I gave a small smile.

This time, I won't screw up like what I did to Hearty.

This time, I should be brave enough.

This time Im Yoona, show that little girl that you're strong.

I guess it's time for me to be me.

I picked up my phone to reply.