from me to you

everyday i fool the world

Seriously I should stop spacing out. She might think that I'm weird or something. I just stared blankly at her. 

God, how can you be so beautiful?

"Uhm Yoona?" She lowered her head until she can totally see me on eye level and waved at my face.

Stop freezing Yoona!

"Oh yeah. You're here already. Sorry I feel like I'm not myself today." I bowed my head trying to get away from her stare.

"It's okay. I think you're cute, being shy like that. People who are beautiful, usually has this cocky personality, but you're different." She sat next to me and smiled and laid her head on the couch.

I snapped my head towards her and blushed.

Does that mean that she finds me beautiful?

I smiled.

Dream on, Im Yoona. Dream on.

She started laughing.

"Haha. You look like a child who got a star from your teacher!" She exclaimed while laughing her head off.

"Yul? Why are you so loud?" Jessica said as she and the girls went and joined us in the living room,

"Nothing. It's just that Yoona is so cute." She said and pinched my cheek.

"You act like you've known each other for years! You'll probably scare Yoona and she won't us visit anymore!" Sooyoung whined.

"Why? Are you going to miss her?" Tiffany teased and everyone laughed.

"Well, yeah in a sense. Someone who eats like her is a dream friend for a shikshin!" Sooyoung reasoned.

My eyes went big and I blushed.

Did I eat that much?

Everyone was laughing so hardly now, except for Sooyoung who's pouting and me, who's still remembering how much I ate.

"I think Yoona's dream friend will be Yuri, since she's an amazing cook and she has a crush on her!" Jessica teased.

She's a bully!

Everyone was laughing again and I looked at Yuri who was trying her best to breathe.

"Well, I think Yoona's my dream friend too." Yuri said and smiled at me.

I smiled back.

"Thanks. I would love to taste your cooking." I showed my winning smile. I need to regain my image here, since all of them are like making me a joke in front of Yuri.

They all stopped and I looked around the suddenly quiet girls.

It was awkward to say the least.

"Uhm, well we need to go guys. I'm driving her car!" Yuri broke the silence with her squeal.

"Whoa. Be easy on her car Yul. She loves it." Sooyoung said.

"I will. I love my baby too, and since they look the same, I'll be treating it just like mine!" She said as she pulled me up.

I just waved at the girls and allowed Yuri to drag me outside.

I handed her my keys and we went inside. She looked around my car and smiled at me.

"I like your car." She said as she started the engine.

How I wish I'm the car. Gosh. What am I thinking! I feel like I'm cheating on Honey.

I frowned and looked outside.

"Yoona, are you okay?" Yuri said while she glanced at me while driving.

I turned to her and smiled a little.

"Yeah, just thinking of something." I said as I once again looked outside.

We remained quiet as we went along the dirt road. I enjoyed the view of the trees and the surroundings since I can't really watch them like this when I'm driving.

"Yoona, you want to eat some ice cream?" Yuri asked as we arrived in town.

"Sure. I haven't eaten ice cream for a while now. I don't know where to buy them." I smiled.

"Haha. Don't you drive around and explore the town?"

"Well, not really since I have no one with me and I think it'll be sad eating ice cream alone." I replied while giving a small smile.

"Uhm, if you're here again and need someone to eat ice cream with you, don't hesitate to call me okay?" She smiled at me.

"Sure, I'd love that."

"So what's your favorite flavor?"

"Almost anything. keke. I eat a lot and I don't really mind." She pouted.

"Choose one!"

I started to think deeply. It's hard! I furrowed my eyebrows as I compared each flavor in my head.

I was concentrating a lot that I didn't realize we arrived in an ice cream shop.

She went out first and opened the door for me since I wasn't moving. I let her drag me inside again. I think it's a poor excuse just to get her to hold me.

"Well? Have you chosen now?" She asked me again as we stood there at the counter.

"Not really. I'm still struggling if I'll go with mango or strawberry." I scratched the back of my head.

She smiled at me and said.

"It's okay. I'll just get you both." 

Then, she lead me to a table with two chairs near the big window. I sat down obediently.

I looked around and I have to say that I like the place. I feel comfortable here. I should come here sometimes. I saw Yuri talking to an elderly woman and she seems to be enjoying it a lot. 

Did she know her? She must be a regular customer.

I stared back outside to the small garden in front.

I saw a bee. Honey!

I got my phone out and checked for messages.

None. I think she's still asleep. My poor Honey, she's tired still.

I sighed and placed my phone back in my pocket.

"Your boyfriend?" Yuri gave me a teasing smile.

"Not really." I smiled at her.

"How can someone as pretty as you have no boyfriend?" She asked with an amused expression.

Because I want a girlfriend.

I almost hit my forehead for that stupid reason. I can't say that to her!

"Uhm well, I'm not really interested yet. I don't feel the need to have one." I reasoned. I guess I don't have to state Honey since we're not really official. It'd be one sided if I say so.

"Oh I see." She said as she relaxed in her chair.

"How about you?" I asked.

"What about me?" She looked at me.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked again, curious.

"Errr, do I look like I have one?" She smiled at me.

"Well, I was just thinking, how can someone as pretty as you have no boyfriend?" I smirked.

"Hahaha. Well, I don't have anyone. I'm still waiting for that right someone to come." She said dreamily.

"You're quite a romantic." I stated.

"Aren't we girls like that?" She smiled at me again.

"Yeah, maybe." I slumped to my chair. I stared outside and thought about Honey. Here I am spending time with my frst love and haven't even texted my Honey. I sighed. Our orders came and I'm shocked of how big their serving for each ice cream is.

I can't believe she really bought me two servings. I stared at her in disbelief.

"Please enjoy your ice cream!" the waitress said as she left us with out ice creams.

"This is too many." I blurted as I looked at the ice creams in front of me.

"Well, that's why I asked you to pick one flavor."

"I don't think I can eat them all." I warned her.

"It's okay. I can help you with that." She winked at me and we started eating our ice creams. I have to say that this is one of the best tasting ice creams I ever had.

"Wow." I unconsciously said. Yuri looked at me and smiled.

"My parents take me here a lot of times when I was just a child and since then, I fell in love with their ice cream." She told me.

"It's really something to fall in love with. So, uhm, what's your favorite ice cream?" I asked her.

"Strawberry." I looked at her then at her ice cream, then at mine. I was confused.

"Then why did you order chocolate?" I voiced out my question.

"Uhm, I was thinking I could share with yours." She shyly admitted and stared at her chocolate ice cream.

So cute!

I scooped some strawberry ice cream.

"Say aahh." I said as I directed the spoon to . She looked surprised.

"Don't worry I do good oral hygiene practice." I teased and she blushed as she opened .

"Did it taste good?" I asked as she ate the ice cream I fed her.

She nodded and gave me a thumbs up.

We enjoyed eating our ice cream and split the bill since we shared the strawberry ice cream fairly.

I was so full!

She drove the car around again and she stopped at the park where I stayed a few days ago.

"Yoona, is it okay if we stay here for a bit? I miss this place." She said as she guided me inside the park.

She took me deeper into the park and we stopped in front of a big tree and she sat on the ground. I sat down beside her.

"My parents used to take me here and we have picnics. I miss those times." She said as she hugged her knees.

I stayed quiet beside her and looked around. 

The place have no one else in it but us. I love the feeling of the soft grass, the chirping of the birds and the sound of the leaves up in the trees.

Yuri looked so peaceful as she looked away in a distance. I think she's thinking of her past and her parents.

I couldn't contain myself anymore and laid down on the grass. It was so relaxing. I like watching the clouds above and imagine figures that form from them.

I closed my eyes.

 

I  opened my eyes and found myself in the woods. It was dark and cold there and the light that I can see only comes from the tiny gaps the leaves spared above me. I'm lost. I started to cry and ran around shouting for help. Hearty! Hearty! But no one answered me. I ran and ran hoping to get out of this place. Hearty! My little legs started to go numb as I felt the last of my energy slipping away. I stumbled and now I couldn't bring myself up. I lied there on the cold earth, soaked with sweat, tears dried from my eyes, throat hurting and legs shaking. I felt pity for myself. I cried once more and closed my eyes. I'm going to die here. No one's going to find me. Mommy's never gonna find me. Daddy's never gonna find me. I will never see them again. I will never see Hearty again. I cried and cried, my sobs getting louder. How can my life end this way? I lied in a fetal position and mourned at my pitiful state. I closed my eyes once more and when I felt of giving up, I heard a faint voice. I'm here! I'm here! I tried to open my eyes but I cannot open them fully. I smiled a little seeing Hearty. She found me. In the dark, she found me. I out and the last thing I heard was her voice saying: I'm here.

 

I woke up crying. I was about to wipe my tears away when somebody else did it for me.

"I'm here." Yuri said as I now processed that I am now using her lap as my pilllow and she's wiping my tears with her thumb.

"Are you okay? I was shocked when I woke up and saw you crying." She said with worried eyes.

I tried to stand up and gave a small smile.

"I'm okay. It's just a bad dream." I tried to reassure her.

We stayed silent after that. I was too embarassed to start a conversation.

When it was getting a little dark, she told me that it was time to go.

I just nodded and followed her to the car. This time, she gave the keys to me and I started driving.

We started talking about random stuff again. Mostly about school and what we were planning to do for college. Finally, our mood elated again and we started to overcome the awkward atmosphere.

As I was about to turn towards the Old Red Road, she stopped me.

"Uhm Yoona. Can we go straight? I want to see the lake."

I nodded and started driving towards the lake. When we arrived, she got out and started to walk near the water.

It was dark now and we can see the full moon reflected beautifully at the water.

"You know what, I love the lake so much. This is my favorite place here." She said as she bent down and touched the water with her finger.

"I like this place too." Then an idea came to my mind.

"Yuri, I'd like to try something, are you in?" I asked her.

"if it doesnt involve drowning, then I'm in." She smiled.

I laughed at her and walked slowly. She followed right behind me. 

We reached the warehouse and I got the kayak out into the water.

"Wow. You own this?" She asked as she admired the kayak.

I handed her one oar and sat in the kayak.

"Uhm no, I stole it." I joked and she laughed as she settled herself in. She was at my front and I can't help but admire her even from the back.

I started to paddle slowly away from the shore and just enjoyed the comforting silence that we shared, aside from the relaxing sound of the water splashing whenever my oar hits the water. I realized she wasn't paddling and just held the oar.

"Uhm Yuri, why are you not paddling?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's just that I liked the view of the moon in the water. It seems like it's really in the water." She said as she started to paddle.

"It's okay really, I can handle it. I was just curious. Uhm, you want to go there?" I asked as I stopped paddling to slow us down.

"Where?" She asked as she tried to look at me.

"To the moon." I smiled at her and started paddling. She looked straight out front and placed the oar in her lap. She raised her hand sideways and felt the slow blow of the wind, her hair slightly flowing.

She started singing in her husky voice but loud enough for me to hear.

 

Do you dream, that the world will know your name, so tell me your name.

and do you care? about all the little things, or anything at all.

I wanna feel all the chemicals inside, i wanna feel

i wanna sunburn, just to know that i'm alive, to know i'm alive.

don't tell me if i'm dying coz i don't wanna know.

if i can't see the sun, maybe i should go.

don't wake me coz i'm dreaming of angels on the moon,

where everyone you know never leaves too soon.

 

I don't know if it was her voice or the lyrics that made me stop paddling and just listen to every word she sang. When we were almost not moving, she shifted on her seat and faced me. I was surprised and she stopped singing, looking at me.

"I thought you fell asleep." She giggled.

I laughed.

"Uhm, I liked listening to you sing." I shyly confessed and started to paddle again, we were almost there at the moon.

"What was the title? I haven't heard of it before."

"Angels on the moon by thriving ivory. That was an old song but I still listen to it. It's beautiful." She said.

"Yes, I love how you sing it." I smiled.

She suddenly got her phone from her pocket and played a piano music.

"Ahh, moonlight by yiruma." I blurted out.

She smiled at me.

"I'm glad you know." She said as she touched the water with her other hand while the other held the phone.

The sight was breathtaking. The moon's reflection was so big that we had no problem staying on it. It was like a big spot light and we were under it. With the musica and the view, it was magical. I glanced at Yuri and she was smiling all the time. This is perfect. Everything is perfect.

We started to talk there, as if it was the most natural thing to do. We started with our choice of songs, our favorite artists, our type of music. I can say that we both have our own preference but we do have something in common, like our love for instrumental music and how we relate to them.

Suddenly, Yuri started crawling towards me and the kayak started rocking at a very alarming rate.

"Oh my God Yuri. What are you doing?" I said as I panicked a little. Surely I don't want to get wet at this hour, I'll freeze! It's almost ten!

I relaxed when she finally stopped but I got more and more confused when I realized she seated herself right in front of me that I am almost hugging her. It's a good thing she had her back on me. I never thought two people can have this position while kayaking, I never tried this before!

"Well, I wanted to take a picture of the two of us. This happens rarely in our lifetime right?" She said as she leaned her back on me. She settled her head on my left shoulder and raised her phone with her right hand.

We took a lot of pictures, with me on her back, almost hugging her and she shifted her head on positions with one that shows her almost kissing my cheek.

I blushed when she let me see them.

She removed the oar from my hands and placed it on her lap together with hers. Then she leaned again and held my arms. Now, I'm officially hugging her and I'm blushing madly.

"Let's rest for a bit okay? Or at least, you take some rest." She whispered and wrapped my lifeless arms around her.

I was so tensed at first. This is the closest position I've ever been with someone. I don't know how to react, and I can't certainly escape this. I have no plans of swimming all the way to the shore.

So, the most rational thing to do, is to enjoy the moment.

I felt her smile as I hugged her tight and leaned my head on hers.

I'm just going to let go. Just this once, I wanna know how it feels to hold someone you love.

Love?

Do I love you Kwon Yuri?

I closed my eyes as I listened to the sound of her breathing.

I erased all my thoughts and just decided to just enjoy this moment, just this very moment with Hearty.

I woke up when I felt the cold wind blowing.

I checked my watch and realized we've been like this to almost half an hour. It's almost 10:30pm!

I woke Yuri up. I'm so happy we didn't fall off into the water.

"uhm Yuri, how am I gonna paddle when you're seated like this?" I asked as I held the oar again.

"Hmmm, I'm just going to stick closer to you and you can paddle while holding the oar at front." She said and stuck closer to me and resumed sleeping.

This will be a long ride.

We were slowly moving since I can't really paddle fast in the position we were in.

Finally, we made it!

I placed the kayak back inside the warehouse while she waited on the car.

"Sorry I took long." I said as I placed the seatbelt on me. I looked at her at my side and I can see that she's sleeping already. I smiled at the sight and reached out to put on her seatbelt.

I played some music on low volume, not to disturb her sleep.

I drove slowly since the road was too dark and there were no street lights OR maybe I was just prolonging our time together.

I sighed when we arrived at their house. The lights were off except for the lights outside and the front door. I woke her up.

"Yuri, we're here. You're home." I touched her shoulder and shook her lightly.

She woke up and smiled at me.

We were standing at her front door, not sure of what to say to each other.

I gathered courage and spoke.

"Uhm, I guess I'll be going now. Thank you for showing me around town." I smiled and waved as I turned to go.

"Wait" she said as she held my hand.

"Be careful when you drive okay?" I nodded and smiled. I was about to walk away when she quickly kissed my cheek I flushed bright red, all my sleepiness evaporated into the cold night air.

She was now standing in front of me, a little hint of red on her cheeks.

"Thank you for the date." She quietly said and smiled a little.

I smiled back and waved at her. I got inside my car and I can see her standing by their front door. I waved off and drove slowly. I can see her going inside the house from my rearview mirror.

 I smiled and pumped my fist in the air.

I went out on a date with Yuri.

I had a date with Hearty!

That night, I drifted off to sleep with a big smile on my face.

What are you doing to me Kwon Yuri?