making every day our last

everyday i fool the world

Five more days. Five more days of happiness and contentment. It’s only five in the morning but my whole system felt like I never needed rest, as if I’m always on full alert. I sighed as I lied on bed, with arms wide open and legs spread apart. I don’t know why but the bareness of my own bed haunts me, and I make up for that. But deep inside me I know whose presence I’ve been missing all along.

One summer. It only took me one summer to fall in love, to get my heart broken and to have the best girl in the world. In that span of time I went to hell with the pieces of my broken soul and back up again in heaven with the girl I’ve devoted my whole heart to.

Time flies so fast it scares me. All of that seemed like it was just yesterday, and tomorrow, we may not see each other like today. My heart’s been aching ever since the deadline was casted, I felt like I’m dying again, but having Yuri by my side, I can’t afford to crumble, I can’t afford to cry. As much as I wanted to tell her my fears, I’m afraid that the moment those words leave my mouth the nightmare will begin.

I turned to my right side and held my body pillow.

I wish you were here; with you everything seems possible and being happy is as easy as a heartbeat, it just happens.

I clutched the fluffy bundle tighter and buried my face deeper hoping it will mask the soft gasps and sobs I’ve been letting out.  It hurts. Thinking of parting is never easy, but how can I let myself be this weak? How about Yuri? How can she make it if I continue to be like this?

Before I see Yuri again, I just have to let myself go. Just this time I need to be weak to be able to be strong again for Yuri.

As memories of my summer flashed through my head, endless tears flowed from my eyes, but I was too engulfed with my thoughts that I never bothered to wipe them dry.

I fluttered my eyelids and turned to my other side with a smile. But my smile faded as the empty space greeted me. I sighed and disappointment. Of course she won’t be here; it’s not like we’re already married and lives under one roof.

I blushed, recalling our recent conversation about us tying the knot. I squeaked in delight imagining Yuri in a wedding dress. Hmm, will I also wear a dress or a tux?

I was having an inner debate when my phone rang snapping me back in the confines of my room.

I reached for my phone on the bedside and grinned when I saw who called.

“Hoooooneeey!” The voice on the other side was whining.

“Yes baby? “ I said and smiled. “ Good morning.”

“Why aren’t you here beside me?” It was hushed but I caught it, making my breath hitch and my heart double in pace.

“But I’m right there with you hon, just as you’re here with me too.” I said quietly. I guess she felt the sadness and sincerity in my voice that it took her a few moments before she answered, I can only hear her slow breathing on the other line.

“I miss you.” She said and I swear my heart just skipped a beat.

“Me too.” I said. Gosh, now we’re both gloomy so early in the morning.

“I looked for you beside me the moment I woke up. I swear I felt you hugging me while I slept.” She said whining, making me laugh.

“Hon, are you totally sure about that? Hmm, maybe you have someone else with you in your room?” I smirked but it instantly turned into a frown and my eyes bulged out with the possibility running through my head.

“And sharing the bed with you?!” I almost shouted the last part and sat up immediately. No I regret teasing her because my blood pressure just spiked and my veins in my temples felt like popping with this unbelievable amount of jealousy burning me inside out.

I waited for her to answer, I even counted the seconds as the clock ticked and only silence was there for us. Don’t tell me—

“HAHAHAHAHAHA” I heard her laughing wildly on the other side. I listened carefully, pressing the phone, nearly squishing it closer to my ear just to hear if anybody else was really with her right now.

Sensing my lack of response to her burst of happiness, she cleared after like laughing out earlier.

“Are you jealous?” She said in a husky voice that I can’t help myself but to gulp. I gripped my chest with my free hand as I felt like I was having a heart attack. I tried breathing slowly, trying to calm my nerves.

“Baby?” She asked with a voice so y I felt myself heating up. Kwon Yuri, what are you doing to me?! I ruffled my hair in frustration simply because I can’t even see her right now.

“Hon?” She asked again. I swear to God I just heard her her lips just now. The image is driving me insane! Just like that I felt a nerve snap inside me and I knew I needed to do this.

“I--, uh, I’llcallyoubacklater.”  I said and hung up.

 

Yuri POV

What just happened? Did I go too far?

I pouted and looked down at my unmade bed.

Honey, if only you knew that you’re the only one I’d share my bed with.

I huffed in frustration. There is nothing to do here. The girls woke me up earlier because they’re going around town to show Tae and Hyo around. They left me again giving me more time to sleep since I went home late yet again since I spent last night with my hubby, reminiscing our past.

Keke. Hubby. I love the sound of that.

I let my body fall on the bed as my mind got lost in thoughts of Yoona as my husband.

She should definitely wear a tux in our wedding and I’ll wear the loveliest dress ever.

I giggled as I pondered on the other details of our wedding. My bridesmaids should totally—

Ring!

I sat up in frustration. Seriously this person has great timing calling at such a time, disturbing my precious little daydream—

My rant stopped as I listened to the voice on the other line, I never bothered to look who called.

“Open the door now.” I felt my face blushing as I heard that lovely authoritative voice, making me run downstairs and fumbled with the lock.

When I finally opened the door, I didn’t have the time to smile when I felt lips kissing me roughly, making me close my eyes shut with the new sensation it was giving me.

I was so lost in the kiss I never felt anything else until my back hit the back of the door closing it and my eyes snapped open when I heard the lock click.

 

Yoona POV

I pulled back, needing the ever vital oxygen in my body. I never kissed like that before that it scared me what Yuri feels right now. I looked at the girl who had her eyes dazed as she looked at me with her blushing face.

“I--, uh, I’m sorry.” I said as I started to peel off my right hand off her waist and slowly retracted my left hand that was on the back of her head.

I stood there looking at her frozen on her spot. What if I scared her?

I sighed in relief as she pulled my hands and placed them back to her waist before reaching out and wrapped her arms around my neck, our face so close to each other that my cheek burned with every breath I felt on my lips.

I looked at her eyes just as they opened to stare back.

“I’m sorry for earlier hon.” I whispered. “ Did I hurt you?”

She smirked and shook her head slowly as she leaned in a bit more, with us nose to nose, I can’t help but shift my eyes to her lips  that I really wanted to kiss right now.

“It was kind of flattering, now that I thought of it.” She giggled.

“Flattering?” I raised my eyebrow and smirked, puzzled with the response.

“It was flattering knowing you—“ She paused and gave me a gentle kiss. “You wanted me.”

As if she a switch to let the monster inside me come out, I kissed her again. Not that rough as earlier but passionate enough. I encircled my arms around her waist and my hands started rubbing circles on her lower back as if on automatic.

She moaned as we started deepening our kiss into something more than what we ever did before.

She started scratching the back of my neck sensually arousing me more.

She pulled back as we both panted for air never letting go of each other. I smiled and kissed her forehead, then her nose and nuzzled our noses together. She pouted, worrying me.

“What’s wrong hon?” I asked and leaned our foreheads together, our noses slightly brushing as I swayed us both to imaginary music.

She stared back to my eyes and whispered.

“Are you tired of my lips already? You didn’t kiss it.” She pouted once more and looked down. I smirked, closing the gap once again as two became one taking each other in, memorizing the feeling of each other’s lips.

“I” I said, kissing her chin.

“Love” as I kissed her jaw.

“You” I finished kissing her neck just below her ear.

I looked back to her eyes, seeing hers closed with a gentle smile playing on her lips.

“I’ll never get tired of everything about you hon, never.” I said smiling at her and hugged her tightly laying her head on my shoulder as I leaned my head on hers, still dancing to the absentee tune.

“Let’s go up?” I heard her whisper and let go of her as she held my hand leading me upstairs to her bedroom.

I got in first and sat on the bed. She was standing there by the door, smiling as she closed it shut and locked it. I gulped as she started walking towards me with her devious y smirk, swaying her hips seductively while she twirled her hair with her right hand.

“Hi baby” She purred as she sat on my lap facing me making my hands hold on the edge of the bed for support. She pried them open and rested them around her waist again.

She looked at me and chuckled.

“You’re as red as a cooked lobster.” I pouted with the teasing earning a peck, making me smile widely with the reward.

“And you’re as y as—“ I thought hard, y as?

“As?” She followed, leaning closer, her eyes looking at my lips and back to my eyes, giving me a teasing smirk. I’m so whipped in this relationship.

“As Kwon Yuri.” I smirked with my answer, leaning closer determined to kiss those luscious lips again. She backed off slowly with a confused expression.

“Nice try baby, but I’m Kwon Yuri, remember?” She said sarcastically, separating our heads as her hands rested on my shoulders keeping a safe distance.

“Hmm, I could never—“ I closed in again, my eyes eyeing my target. “ ever compare you to anyone lower than your level. Of course I’m going to compare you to the iest being in this planet, Kwon Yuri. You’re the iest for me honey, you’re perfect for me.” I stopped as our noses brushed each other and I looked straight into her eyes hoping to show her the sincerity in my orbs. She smiled at me slowly and whispered.

“Why are you so sweet?” I smiled and let her kiss me as I grabbed a fistful of her shirt, pulling her closer.

I lost balance making me lie down on her bed with her above me. I gulped as I looked up to her. She had her hands on the sides of my face and she straddled me by my hips.

She looked ethereal with her hair tickling my face, her beautiful eyes staring at me lovingly and her lips slightly parted, shining with our constant contact since earlier.

She leaned in and kissed me again, so gentle that I wanted to burst. I placed my hands on her hips keeping her in place. I felt helpless below her, making me shudder with how gentle she was and my mind just can’t stand doing nothing for her. My breathing turned heavy and I can feel us burning with the heat we’ve been making. After a few minutes I can’t take it anymore and sat up slowly, bringing her with me. I felt her arms wrapped my neck as we continued kissing, my hands trembling as I held her closer, hugging her.

I pulled out and turned us around, now she’s the one under me as I hovered above her. I leaned in to kiss her again as her hands held both of my cheeks. I can see the anticipation in her eyes. I closed my eyes as I was to capture her lips again when—

BAM!

“WE’RE HOOOOOOME!” We heard the girls shouting as they entered the house. I collapsed on top of her, completely disappointed. I grunted as I heard her laugh lightly, still hugging me and she intertwined her legs with mine, entangling our bodies together.

We heard footsteps thundering around. Are they really girls? They’re like hippos on the loose!

“YURI! YURI! IS YOONA THERE WITH YOOOOU?!” We heard Tae screaming outside the room. I sighed as I tried to roll off her but her grip was too strong keeping me in place.

She gave me a peck and turned her head towards the door.

“Tae, she’s still sleeping.” She called out calmly, enough for Taeyeon to hear.

“Oh, I’m sorry. It’s just that I saw her car outside. We brought lunch, so come down if you’re hungry.” Taeyeon answered but not as annoying and loud as earlier.

“Okay, thanks!” Yuri said before kissing me on the cheek.

“Are you hungry hon?” She asked. I was still pouting, making her giggle and peck my lips. I smiled back, happy with the new-found tactic to get a kiss from my honey.

I shook my head slowly.

“Did you eat your breakfast?” She asked, worried.

Once again I shook my head. I was in a hurry earlier that I even—

GASP!

I looked down at my clothes and frowned as I was still in my pyjamas. I never even bothered to change my clothes!

“Are you hungry?” She asked caressing my cheek. I smiled widely.

“Nope. Kissing you made me full.” I grinned earning a slap on the arm.

“You’re such a .” She chuckled.

I shifted making me lie on the bed and her on top of me with her head on my chest.

“How about you hon? Did you have breakfast?” I asked, tracing the lips I’ve been addicted to.

“Yes.” She answered as she hovered above me again, smiling. I smiled back.

“What did you have?” I asked curiously as I leaned closer to her wanting to taste her again.

Her answer shot my eyes wide open and made me stop on my track blushing.

“I had you.” She was smirking with that oh-so-y smirk again, it’s driving me nuts!

As I recovered I leaned in, desperate to kiss her again when she pulled back and laugh. She was teasing me as she pulled me up with her out of the bed. I pouted.

“Come on hon. Let’s eat. I know you’re hungry.” She said but paused when I just stood there pouting.

“I just know the perfect way to cheer you up.” She said as she stood in front of me, toe to toe.

She kissed me fully on the lips and pulled away smiling. I smiled and touched my lips, letting her drag me anywhere.

The next thing I knew we were standing in the foot of the stairs greeting the girls who was leisurely watching TV as they sat on the couch.

“Hi guys!” Yuri said and removed her hand on mine as she ran towards our friends, picking up few chips and placed them on her hand.

“Hi.” I said, rather emotionless with the disruption they made still stuck in my head. God, I’m becoming a ert!

“What’s wrong Yoong? Are you sick?” Hyo asked and stood up checking my temperature by placing the back of her hand on my forehead.

“You seem fine. Just sit and watch the show.” She said and sat back. I glanced on the TV and there’s nothing much to watch really, it’s just a fashion show, but the girls seemed so focused!

Yuri stood beside me with her chips and started feeding me, I smiled and thank her.

We were now seated on the floor with Hyo beside me, next is Tae then Sooyoung with her own bag of chips. On the couch behind us were Seo sitting straight, next is Sunny who had her eyes glued on the TV in front of us then Tiffany, just as eager as Sunny but her one hand keeping Sica’s head on her shoulder, the girl looked like she was drifting off to sleep. It was so quiet, except for the TV noise and the occasional crunching sound of the chips being eaten. I wasn’t really paying attention to the TV because I was all eyes and ears to the girl beside me.

“Omo, you’re so beautiful Yuri!” Tiffany squealed, waking Sica up but the girl just sat straight and smiled at the TV, liking what she saw.

Yep, you’re right Tiff! Yuri’s beautiful, it’s just like what I was about to say—what?!

I snapped my head back to the TV and there I saw Yuri walking so elegantly and y with tight black pants and black sleeveless top that was hugging her body showing her curves. She had her dark shades on but she removed them as she stopped for a while in the center and smirked, looking directly at the camera making the entire girls squeal.

I looked at the screen until another model came out and Yuri was nowhere to be found.

The girls were cheering loudly.

“Gosh Yuri! I’m so proud of you as my cousin!” Sica yelled and hugged Yuri followed by others.

“When did you do this Yuri?” Tae asked, she looked star struck.

“Hmm, earlier this summer.” Yuri said shyly as she hugged my arm.

“That was when you told me you need to go somewhere and was too busy to text me?” I whispered, remembering the time when I still didn’t know Yuri was Honey and I was missing Honey so much because she was too busy. The other girls were glued to the screen again anticipating Yuri’s appearance.

“Yep, sorry about that.” She answered looking at me with apologetic eyes.

“It’s okay. If I only knew you’re doing that, I could’ve been there to see you up close.” I said and smirked, successfully making her blush and I earned a smack in my arm.

The girls were nonstop fangirling over my girlfriend the whole day, even at meal times. It kinda frustrated me that with all of friends around her, we couldn’t do the things we usually do. I miss holding her hand already.

Tae and Hyo didn’t bring their car so they hitched on mine when we were going home after lunch. The girls were all outside sending us off when Hyo pointed at me and gasped.

“OMG! You’re still in your pyjamas?!”

The girls looked at me playfully with a disgusted expression.

“Hey Yoona! You’re beautiful and all but NO SHOWER NO ENTRY!” Tiffany yelled and laughed. Soon the girls burst out laughing except Yuri who came and hugged me goodbye.

“You guys are mean!” Yuri said as she looked at the others.

“Says another girl who didn’t take a shower!” Soo teased some more making Yuri and I the ultimate joke.

“And here I thought Tiffany washes the least in our group.” Sica said with an amused expression while Tiffany poked her in the head.

“Don’t tell me you didn’t take a shower when you walked down the runway?!” Sunny said, earning another round of laughter as Yuri, finally full from all the teasing started running around chasing the girls.

“Yah, Sunkyu! You’ll get it!” Yuri said targeting Sunny who was cornered by Yuri.

“Sunkyu?” Hyo and Tae asked.

“That’s Sunny’s Korean name, she hates it.” Tiffany answered.

“Yah, Mi Young!” Sunny countered making Tiffany glare at her. Now the three of us with Tae and Hyo was wondering if Tiffany is this Mi Young.

“Mi Young is Tiffany.” Sica shortly answered us, looking uninterested with the girls’ ruckus.

“Jung Soo Yeon!” Tiffany and Sunny charged towards Sica whose eyes widened as she ran away, eventually an angry Tiffany and Sunny is really scary. Do they really hate their names that much?

“Jessica’s name is Jung Soo Yeon, Tiffany is Hwang Mi Young and Sunny is Lee Sunkyu. They’re kind of sensitive with their names.” Soo answered and gave us a smile.

“I like their names.” Seo said.

“They’re old names Seo.” Yuri said.

“Well, it’s like they’re preserving the cultural heritage of our country.” She justified with a straight face.

“It’s like you’re saying that they’re some kind of an artifact.” Hyo said and laughed, with us joining soon after.

“It’s like they’re national treasures or something.” Yuri butted.

“Or some prehistoric Korean fossils perhaps.” Tae said, and another round of laughter ensued.

“What are you all laughing about?” Sica calmly asked with her hands pinching Sunny and Tiffany’s ears.

Seeing how pitiful the two girls looked we all stopped laughing.

“It was about—“ Seo answered but Soo cut her off.

“About the time Yuri fell face off first on the mud while we were camping three years ago!”

“Yah!” Yuri objected but Sica burst out laughing while clapping her hands letting go of Tiffany and Sunny who ran away hiding behind Seo.

What our simple goodbye and sending us off turned to hours. It was already 4:30 when we decided to go since I was sweating and they were afraid I’ll stink soon. As if.

We waved goodbye to the girls as I drove off.

I heard Hyo sigh.

“I’ll miss them.”

“Me too.” Tae said looking outside the window. She was beside me.

I can feel loneliness in our atmosphere but it can never be compared to the one I felt deep in my heart. I looked at the mirror and saw Yuri standing there talking to Soo as the girls head back inside the house.

I can never tell them how much I’m going to miss her.

“How about you Yoong?” Hyo asked.

“Very much. I’ll miss them very much.” I said as I focused on the road.

For once we shared a comfortable silence. Not necessarily the type that tells everyone that everything is okay, but the type that you can never really say anything because you knew all of you felt the same and that no words are needed; no explanations, no advises, no sharing. As if all of us knew what we all felt, not wanting to burden the other with the depression. All of us are lonely right now, but I think, I’m lonelier enough.