getting to know you

everyday i fool the world

After a few seconds four girls came running inside the tent. They were carrying bags of food and they were soaking wet with a destroyed umbrella on the side.

"Great. You destroyed our ONLY umbrella." A tall tanned girl motioned to the girl holding the said item.

"Hey! It's not my fault I got so scared with the loud thunder!" She defended herself.

"But you don't have to throw it so harshly on the ground!" The other girl retaliated.

"If you two won't stop it, you will spend the night outside." A shorter girl spoke with a stoic expression while crossing her arms.

"Uhm, well unnies. Who is she?" Another tall, meek girl spoke. I just realized she was the only one who seems to notice me. I didn't mind being ignored, it was fun listening to them talk. 

"Oh my God! I'm sorry Yoona. I kind of forgot you for a second." Then the girl placed the umbrella aside and went beside me.

"Girls, this is Im Yoona. I took her in since she was walking out in the heavy rain like that." Then she looked and smiled at me.

"Yoona, these are my friends. The tall, black one is Choi Sooyoung." She motioned at the one she was bickering earlier. Sooyoung glared at her but smiled at me.

"Hi Yoona. I hope we'll be friends!" She said while we shook our hands.

"Me too Sooyoung." I smiled.

"Then those two are Jessica Jung and Seo Juhyun or Seohyun." She pointed at them respectively.

I went to them and shook their hands.

The shorter one just nodded while the tall girl smiled and said hello.

"Well, let's dry ourselves and drink something to keep us warm alright?" The girl I first met stated and turned to get the drinks.

"So Yoona, how come you're walking in this shower?" Sooyoung stated.

"Well, I was just exploring the lake and I decided to go back when it rained. Since I was already soaked, I didn't bother to run anymore." I smiled.

"Girls, get your drinks!" The girl called out.

I walked over and stood beside her.

"Uhm, if you don't mind, I would like to know your name." I said shyly.

"Oh! I forgot! I'm sorry. I'm Tiffany! Tiffany Hwang." She said while smiling rather so warmly. I couldn't help but smile back.

"You're unbelievable Tiff. How could you not introduce yourself to our guest?" Jessica teased and smirked.

"Hey! I said I forgot and I'm sorry!" She said while playfully slapping the other girl's shoulder. Sooyoung and Seohyun just laughed at Tiffany's silliness.

It was getting hot inside the tent and we realized that its not raining anymore. 

We all went outside.

"We should really just stay by the lake house. This camping thing seems to now that the ground is so wet, almost muddy." Sooyoung commented and Seohyun nodded.

"Maybe we could just pack up and leave? So we can set up the house again." Tiffany agreed.

They started packing and I helped. They have placed all their things inside the two cars they have. 

"Hey Yoona. Thanks for helping. We are spending the summer here by the lake. Actually we're staying at my uncle's lake house not so far from here." Jessica stated.

"Yeah. If you want you can stay with us!" Tiffany exclaimed.

The other girls nodded.

"Thank you for the offer girls but I'm staying at my grandfather's resthouse just a little walk away from here. But if you want, I can visit you!" I happily replied. Being with them with only a few hours makes me comfortable with them. They're good company.

"Well, that's good! Just follow the Old Red Road. When you follow this road, just turn to the right and you see a sign there. Just keep going until you reach the end and find the house located right beside the lake." Seohyun said.

I looked surprised.

"If, the lake house is really that near to the lake, why did you go camping here?" I asked, curious.

"Tiffany said it would be fun since we haven't done it in a while." Sooyoung answered

"I thought it will be quite an adventure. But its okay since we get to know you!" She said while giggling.

"I think we should get going it's getting late. It's nice to meet you girls! See you around." I flashed them my smile again.

"Yeah. See you. Want a ride?" Sooyoung said while they start to go inside the cars.

"Nope. I'll be fine." I said.

"Okay. Take care. Bye!"

"Bye Yoona!" The three other girls rolled down their windows and waved at me.

I stayed until I can no longer see their tail lights.

I started to walk home, passing the treehouse and the field of flowers. It's nice to have someone to talk with. They're quite fun, I can't wait to see them again.

I opened the front door and went to my bedroom to take a shower and change my clothes. I checked my phone and found out that I got a few messages.

I scrolled through the messages taking note of the senders while I dried myself with a towel.

Hmm. Mom. Mom. Dad. Honey. Dad.

Waiiiiit. Honey?!

I got excited. We haven't been texting for a week now because we're both busy with our graduations. Honey is my cyberlover. I don't know any personal things about him/her, even the gender! But still, Honey's the sweetest person I know and I don't mind having him/her around. I can spend hours just texting with Honey!

from: Honey <3

how's my love?

I squealed. So sweet! I replied.

to: Honey <3

my <3 not feeling well, hon. :(

Gosh. Why am I so cheezy? I smiled and placed my phone on the bed while I get dressed. Honey texted 2 hours ago so I think it'll take time before I get a reply.

When I finished dressing up, I went downstairs while picking up my phone and the little diary. I should start going through with this.

I prepared my dinner and ate. I settled on the couch and the tv while glancing at the pages.

I laughed. I was so silly before! I drew a person who looks funny with green hair and blue mustache and red eyebrows, the caption said GrandDad.

There was a drawing of a treehouse. A flower. The lake. A big tree and a nest. A worm. Seriously?

I was so amused with every page until I came upon a drawing with 2 stick figures with skirts. I guess they're girls. The girls were holding hands and were sitting side by side on the swing. I got intrigued. Then my phone beeped. I grabbed and read the message.

Honey!

My heart skipped a beat.

from: Honey <3

why sweetheart? i don't feel well too. i miss you so much. my heart aches.3

I smiled tenderly.

to: Honey <3

same as you hon. i miss u so much. you're so sweet, you know that right? :)

While waiting for the reply, I went back to the diary with the drawing of the two girls. I read the caption.

Me and Hearty <3

My heart raced and my mind was utterly flabbergasted. As I read the following text.

I love you, wait for me. Okay?

Did I have a girlfriend before?

My eyebrows stressed together.

How can I forget something as special as my first love?