unexpected

everyday i fool the world

'There you are! I've been looking for you!' Robert said as he saw me emerge on the front door.

'I was just outside.' I just replied tiredly. Knowing how cowardly I've become seemed to have taken my energy away and I guess I'll be having a new nightmare.

'I guess you'll be okay here Miss.'

I looked at Robert who was picking up the car keys from a glass fish bowl near the front door.

I raised my brow at him like saying, what are you talking about?

'Oh. Your father said that you'll be here alone for you to master your independence and to practice yourself in college. You know too well that it is your family's tradition that when someone reaches college, they will be sent to a faraway city to study by themselves and live commonly like other students. You will miss your life in the mansion I suppose.' Robert looked at me like he was going to cry. Really, he acts like he's the one who'll go through all that.

'Chill Robert. I'll be fine. Just leave me food okay?'

He sighed.

'Of course! I filled up the refrigerator and brought groceries. I even included your favorite chocolates and ingredients for your favorite dishes. I just hope you still remember your lessons at the mansion with the chef. The house is full with everything you need. Don't worry about the security, I got that covered!'

I stared at him. 

I guess they placed burglar alarms, electric fences, security cameras and hired those invisible guys as bodyguards.

Seriously they should really stop hiring those guys. They watch everything I do!

'Tell them to just keep their distance, okay? I don't want to be disturbed.' I just replied while I rolled to the couch.

'Okay. They won't step inside the perimeter of the flower field---'

'Include the tree. I don't want them to stay there.' I cut him short.

'Of course. That tree is special for you.'

I just nodded.

'I'll go now okay miss? By the way, the phone connection will be available shortly, after they finished their job installing the necessary devices. Your grandfather requested before to block this area, but seeing that you will be the one residing here, you need it most.' He said, ready to leave.

'Thank you Robert. Tell my parents to ready my college applications. Let them choose my course and the school. I want to just go directly after this vacation.'

'Okay, well said.'

Then I heard the front door shut. I stood up and locked the door. I explored the house. It has two storeys. The ground floor has the living room and the kitchen and the upper one has the rooms. There are four rooms upstairs. It's quite big for one teenager girl like me. Then I noticed that one room is open so I decided to get in.

I guess this is my room.

I saw the contents of my luggage neatly arranged inside the closet. The room has a balcony with a rocking chair. It has big glass windows too. I guess I'll go star gazing one of these days. I checked the mirror which took up a whole wall. I saw a couple of sticky notes were placed all over it.

Don't forget to check out the lake! :) - Dad

There's a lake around here? I got excited. I want to go swimming! But where? I sighed and continued looking at the other notes.

Check the map at the living room, the big old one inside the frame hanging at the right side of the fireplace in case you don't know how to get there.- Granddad

Whoa. They really are my family. They know me!

Honey, I bought you a kayak, have fun with it okay? Be careful and behave! Don't make me come there and guard you myself! You can be such a kid sometimes I wonder when will you eventually grow up.- mom <3 p.s. I had it placed in the warehouse near the lake, get the keys from the fish bowl! 

Dear, no need to write your ranting in a note! -dad

You don't have to write that either son. Just have fun dear, okay? And take care of the flowers for me. Relax and straighten your thoughts okay? We love you! -grandmom

I smiled. No matter how perfect people claim my family to be, they will never see this side of us that makes us more perfect. I wonder where my cousins spent their summer. Hmm.

I'm hungry. I prepared my food and ate, washed my plate and settled again at the couch.

I should go out and check out the lake.

I got up and took a photo of the old map in my phone. I don't want to get lost. Since I began sweating like crazy, I removed my jacket and went out with jeans, running shoes and a black shirt with a spongebob print on the front.

It took me about ten minutes before I arrived at the lake. It was great, breathtaking! The water is sparkling in contrast to the blazing sun. I spotted a warehouse and I think that's the one my mom told me about. I forgot the keys so I just walked at the shore. 

I saw a couple of girls playing by the water. I just ignored them and continued walking, though their giggles were quite distracting. I glanced at them again and noticed that they have set up tents and was probably camping. I kept my distance.

I just walked and walked until it got a little dark that I just decided to go home. As I was nearing the girls' campsite, it suddenly rained hard like a super typhoon was hovering above me.

And I thought it's summer. Tsk.

I ran but eventually gave up. I was already wet, no need to rush. I might as well save water bills by taking a shower in this rain. I continued walking then I realized my shoe laces are loose, I might step on them. I crouched down to fix it. 

When I looked up, a girl was holding an umbrella above my head. I looked at her and she smiled.

'You shouldn't stay outside with the rain pouring out like this.' She said while pulling me inside the tent.

She gave me a towel to dry myself up and handed me a cup of hot chocolate.

'I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself. I'm Im Yoona.' I said while standing up to shake her hand.

She shook my hand and smiled.

'Well nice to meet you. I'm ---' then her phone rang disrupting her introduction. She answered it immediately and prepared her umbrella.

'Is it okay if I leave you here first Yoona? I'm going to fetch the others since they went to town to buy something earlier. They're in the car and have no umbrella with them.' She said while looking at me, flashing a small smile.

I just nodded and saw her rush out the tent.

As I sip the warm liquid and dried myself, I couldn't help but wonder who that girl is.

Who are you?

I guess this vacation isn't as boring as I thought it would be.

A loud thunder was heard and I heard squealing outside.

I smirked.