selfish

everyday i fool the world

I can't help but feel excited for our 'family' trip. It's been a while since I was there at the house and I really want to meet someone right now.

My parents can't help but look at me weirdly as we were settled inside the car.

As I saw my mom whispering something in my father's ears, I couldn't help but wonder what kept them together all these years.

I wanted to ask them if they ever had problems like mine.

I wanted to ask if they immediately knew that they would be spending the rest of their lives with each other.

I sighed and I saw them looking at me with questioning eyes.

I just diverted my attention and pretended to sleep.

I closed my eyes and I can say that I feel both happy and sad.

Happy because I finally made a choice, sad because I know I will be breaking someone's heart at the end of the day, not to mention someone who is very dear to me.

I let my mind wander off. Thinking of my Honey for the last time, and I hope she's thinking of me too.

 

 

A girl was fiddling with her phone as she sat at the edge of her bed.

Should I text Honey?

He told me he just got home, maybe he's tired.

I miss him. Though I don't know him I know he's a wonderful man.

It just started as a complete accident of meeting him. I was bored as I was playing with my phone that fateful day. My friends have been busy with their phones texting their lovers or buddies, and there I was, the only one who only got a phone for their parents' convenience and games stuff. They stared at me with mocking eyes, reminding me of one thing: find a guy through the phone. 

They said it was just for fun, you know,  to have someone to talk to, someone to share your thoughts with, and you don't have to be so nervous since that person have no idea of who you are. I was tempted that day seeing how much happier they were when they started having textmates.

I sent a message to a random number I typed and waited for a reply.

I waited but to no avail, there was no response. It was a little sad thinking I got rejected, though indirectly, it hurts still.

I was lying playing with my phone that evening when I received a text. My bow went high since I already forgot about the person I texted earlier.

We started texting and every text just made me pour out my feelings and my thoughts for that person. I have no idea who that person is, but I found their presence comforting and I never felt alone. I finally concluded that he was a guy when we had established a relationship together. I text with him nonstop and his naturally caring self lured me into falling deeper in love with him.

I never told anyone with my Honey.

They'll just laugh at me for falling for someone whom I do not even know.

The distance and the lack of physical presence was draining but I was ready for that.

I wanted to be his girl even if we were just texting.

Whenever I receive an 'I love you hon' text from him, my heart can't stop but beat fast.

My friends noticed that I changed a lot and were suspecting me for having a boyfriend.

Of course I have a boyfriend!

If only I can show him into the world, I will be proud to shout out that I am his girl.

I never planned of falling in love and I never planned of committing myself to a person who has no idea that a girl is hopelessly in love with them.

I want to meet him to tell him that I love and I care for him

I love you Hon. Amongst all people, you managed to catch my heart. I'll be waiting for our first meeting.

 

 

It was late afternoon when we finally arrived at the house. I was exhausted to say the least.

I convinced myself to settle my accounts for tomorrow since I am near the edge of sleeping at the front door.

I blindlessly walked towards the kitchen hoping to have a bite before going to my room when I felt someone there. I didn't bother to look around as I opened the refrigerator.

"Robert, please have someone deliver my car here. It's in the house, I came here with mom and dad." I said as I got out some cake and milk.

Nobody answered me and I walked around and got me a glass and a fork.

I didn't mind and sat on a nearby stool.

"I missed you."

I was about to take a bite from the cake but my fork stopped midway to my mouth, my eyes opened wide as I heard those words.

I looked around and found the owner of the voice settled in one of the stools facing me with a sad smile on her face.

I slowly recovered from shock and blinked a couple of times.

I didn't manage to say anything yet.

"Oh Yoona, you're here. Your parents are in the living room. Do you want me to make you something?" Robert came in and asked as he came near and ruffled my hair.

"Yoona?" The voice asked again.

Am I hallucinating?

"Miss, Yuri is talking to you." Robert said seriously.

He can see her, I'm not crazy. Wait, is this what they call a shared psychosis? Gosh.

I heard Robert clear his throat and I looked back at Yuri who was silently staring at me.

"Oh hi Yuri. I'm sorry. It's just that I wasn't expecting you to be here." I said as I smiled a little and walked over to her side carrying my plate of food.

I sat beside her.

"I have to go to your parents. By the way Yuri, the master invites you for dinner if you don't mind." Robert asked as he walked slowly towards my parents.

"Sure. It will be an honor for me." Yuri replied.

We stayed silent. Yuri was watching me eat and I was concentrating on eating, avoiding not to choke at such an intense stare.

"I missed you too." I said quietly as I ate the last piece of cake.

I turned to look at her and smiled. She smiled back and got a napkin.

She wiped the side of my mouth and hugged me.

"I felt so sad without you."

I returned the hug and caressed her back.

"No wonder I always wanted to go back." I whispered.

"If only I could ask you never to leave again, but that would be really selfish." She said as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"You could've told me. Sometimes, we have to be selfish too." 

"Well, I could only be selfish for you." I can feel her nose touching my neck and I can't help but swallow the lump forming in my throat.

"I could say the same."