time's up

everyday i fool the world

“I’m sorry hon, I really am.” I said as tears threatened to fall, misting my eyes, giving me a slight stinging sensation.

“I thought we still have time?” I heard her say, but the hurt didn’t betray her voice and it never failed to pierce through my heart. I reached out my hand desperate to hold her, to feel her and to have her close to me. I thought the pain will lessen the moment I feel her touch my skin, but the effect was the total opposite. My senses went overdrive and my chest constricted as I felt her hand on mine and our fingers entwined. I was crushed; crushed that I know I will never be able to feel her touch every single day for the next years. As little as our time we had together but her whole being is like a tattoo imprinted to my every cell, making me yearn for her, need her.

“I thought so too, but things happened and, and—“ As much as I wanted to be strong, the moment I saw her tears fall, every fortress I’ve built specially for this news crumbled like a sand castle wiped out by the waves. I closed my eyes, hoping to erase the image of her crying, the most painful scene I’ve ever seen, letting my tears fall on their own.

“I’m sorry, I know I should be strong right now, for you, for us, but, but, I, I—“ I stopped what I was saying as every word came out like a choke and I found it hard to breathe and talk at the same time. I gripped our hands together, still with eyes clamped shut, hoping to drown this miserable moment.

I looked up and found Yuri staring at me with tears in her eyes and with a faint smile drawn in her lips. She cupped my face, tracing every tear with her finger and staring directly into my eyes with her own; I can clearly see the pool of sadness and grief and I hate myself for causing that, letting few more tears to fall from my own.

“Shhh, honey. It’s okay.” She cooed and hugged me gently, with her hands patting and caressing me in circles, soothing my whole being.

I clutched to her like someone who has been drowning for a long time to a life buoy; for right now, she’s the only person that keeps me afloat from this sea of despair I’m in.

I raised my head and looked towards the lake in front of me, every single memory, every single emotion that I’ve been through this summer, came tumbling back. I knew I’ve been through a lot, not only me but also Yuri, but I know that I will never trade any of those for anything in the world.

I started to breathe evenly as my senses stopped from raging, like a storm that finally passed. I buried my nose into her neck and inhaled her scent, the scent that I know I’ll miss a lot. I traced my nose into her smooth skin and stopped when my lips are just a few centimetres from hers. I stopped staring at her luscious lips and travelled my gaze towards her eyes. I can’t bear to look at them as I can see the pain buried within her wounded gaze and the façade she’s trying to cover up what she really feels.

“Don’t lie to me hon.” I whispered and looked at her with pleading eyes. I raised my hands and cupped her face, feeling her cheeks with my thumbs. She gave me a puzzled look, completely overtaken with my claim.

“Don’t lie to me. Show me what you really feel. It hurts me seeing you hurting inside and not letting me do anything about it.” I said and bit my lips, trying to control the new urge to cry. I continued to stare at her and I finally saw the tears of sadness flow from her eyes.

I held her as she sobbed, burying her face in the crook of my neck. I closed my eyes and hummed a melody to ease her suffering, raising one hand to touch her hair and massage her scalp.

I felt her tighten her hold on me, it was as if she will never let me go, and it brought a bittersweet smile on my face.

“I’m going to miss you a lot.” I whispered, sniffing her hair.

“Me too.” I heard her say and she shifted to look at me.

“I’m sorry—“

“Hon, stop saying you’re sorry. You don’t have to say you’re sorry. That’s how much I love you.” She said and nuzzled her nose to mine, earning smiles from both of us with the gesture.

“I love you.” I whispered and looked into her eyes, letting her see the sincerity in them.

“I love you too.” I felt her smile in our kiss and it made my heart flutter once again, just as every time the thought of her passes in my mind.

As we parted from our kiss, I gave her a smile and we continued to walk on the lake side, enjoying the view of the lake and the fresh breeze. What we didn’t realize was a silhouette of a person, hidden from our view with eyes focused on us.

“Let’s swim.” I said cheerfully, hoping to make our final day together rather a happy one. I’m leaving tomorrow.

“Right now?” Yuri said as she turned to face me.

“Yeah, now.” I grinned and lifted her up on my shoulder, carrying her like a sack. We both laughed as I neared the water, I was teasing to throw her into the water.

“Hon! Waaait!” She yelled her laughter contagious enough to make me laugh harder.

I let her stand as she smacked my arm playfully.

After calming ourselves down, I looked at her in both awe and shock as she lifted her shirt above her head, giving me a naughty smile in the process.

“Like what you see?” She teased and threw her shirt away from the water leaving her in a bikini top and her short shorts. I gulped, wide-eyed.

I whipped my head all around, checking every direction and sighed in relief as I saw no one else with us.

I walked towards her and engulfed her in a tight hug.

“Why’d you do that hon?” I said, both serious and whining.

“You don’t like it?” She chuckled. I shook my head and pulled away to look at her squarely in the eyes.

“I like it. A lot. But, but—“ I stuttered as I felt myself blushing from the impending embarrassment.

“But what honey?” She said, tilting my head to direct my eyes back up again. I realized I just looked down unconsciously to hide my face.

“But—but anyone could’ve seen you!” I exclaimed and hugged her tighter, burying my face into her neck, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks making my face hot.

I heard laughter and I looked up to her and pouted.

“It’s just a top honey~” She said smiling broadly at me. I didn’t stop from pouting and frowned, my possessiveness is killing me. She pecked my lips and smiled. I couldn’t help but blush more. Even how much we have kissed each other, every time seemed as if the first time.

“Awww, you’re too cute honey!” She exclaimed and pinched my cheeks.

I smiled at her and pecked her lips back.

My eyes widened again as I felt my shirt pulled off me.

I instinctively covered my body with my arms.

“Honey!? Why’d you do that?!” I said and squatted down, hoping I can cover everything.

“What’s wrong hon? It’s only fair because I’m on a bikini top too right?” She said, bending and squatting down to talk to in eye level, like a mother talking to her child.

I pouted again; seriously it has become a habit of mine ever since I discovered I get a kiss if I do so. Keke.

“I’m shy.” I said and looked at her. She raised one of her brow and gave me a surprised look.

“But why hon?” She said and cupped my face.

“I’m here with a model with a smoking hot body and godly abs, how can I ever be shirtless with you?!” I exclaimed, making her literally roll on the ground laughing.

I smiled as I stood up, still covering up my body. I was about to pick up my discarded shirt when Yuri got hold of it and flung it away.

“Yah! Hon!” I said and looked at the culprit still on the ground smiling teasingly at me.

“Why are you so cute?” She asked, looking up to me, giving me one of the prettiest smiles.

“Why do you tease me so much?” I asked and feigned sadness but she didn’t buy it.

She stood up and held both of my wrists until she finally succeeded on letting me hands down, exposing my sports bra and abdomen.

I looked away in embarrassment.

“You look hot.” I heard her say and I looked at her incredulously.

“What? Are you blind?” I said and waved my hand in front of her face.

She just laughed and smacked my hand away.

“You’re the one who’s blind! I should give you a full-body mirror!” She said and dragged me towards the water. I frowned, not believing her. Maybe she’s just saying that to stop me from sulking. Really, why do I have such a y girlfriend?!

We stopped moving when we stood with the water in our waist level.

“Seriously hon, people will drool with the sight of your body.” She said and held my hand.

I grinned and splashed water to her before I started swimming away.

“Yah!” I heard her scream before a splash was heard.

I can sense her pursuing me so I started swimming faster, every harder. It amazed me when I can feel her nearing me. Gosh! I’m freaking swimmer and athlete and smoking hot model girlfriend is about to beat me in swimming!

I put on my game-on face and swam faster like I was swimming for a competition. After not hearing her progress behind me, I stopped and looked for her. I realized I’m already so far away from the shore with no sign of my girlfriend.

I felt panic creeping to my veins and the churning in my stomach is not helping at all.

I was about to shout her name when I felt something gripping my right foot. I thought I got entangled to a weed or something worse like a creature or something. With the urge to look for my unseen lover I tried to kick off the intruder and proceed to look for her. I was more afraid that the same monster that’s attacking me attacked her earlier and succeeded. I prayed a silent prayer as I dove in and grab the thing holding me.

I shrieked as I realized what was there in the water.

I swam into the surface and looked around me.

When the water broke there I saw my mermaid girlfriend laughing her heart out.

“Honey! Why did you scare me like that!” I said and frowned, I was really upset.

She came near me and hugged me.

“I’m sorry hon, I just couldn’t resist pranking you.” She giggled and rested her arms around my neck. I just couldn’t stay mad at her and my arms automatically wrapped themselves around her slim waist. My cheeks burned with the feeling of her skin against mine.

“It’s okay. I just got scared when I didn’t see you; I was afraid something happened to you and wanted to search for you until something grabbed my foot that I panicked that I won’t be able to find you in time.” I confessed and hugged her tighter.

“I’m sorry hon. I didn’t mean to scare you like that. It’s just that you swim so fast, and I had trouble keeping up.” She said and pouted. I chuckled.

“It’s okay really. Just don’t scare me like that again. Even the thought of losing you is killing me.” I grinned and pulled her with me underwater. The underwater environment is so cool and untouched that I want to stay there with her forever.

I continued to hug her and she gave me a smile. I came near her and gave her a kiss. I didn’t intend the kiss to be that long but I got surprised with her lung capacity.

“Wow hon.” I said as we finally went up to the surface. “I didn’t know you can stay down that long.”

“There are a lot of things you don’t know about me hon.” She said, giving me that teasing smirk again.

“Really? And what are those things?” I said and came closer brushing our noses together.

“Secret. I’d like to surprise you every time I get.” She huskily whispered, making me shiver with excitement. We shared a long passionate kiss before we started swimming towards the shore. I helped her wear her shirt again and donned on mine.

We started to walk towards my house because the girls were all there for our going away party.

“Hi guys!” We greeted as we entered the house. My parents already left with Robert and the cousins and I will be going away tomorrow.

“Where have you been? Did you go swimming?! Gosh, change your clothes now!” Taeyeon unnie said, shoving us upstairs.

“Yes unnie.” We both said and giggled to her tone of voice; the strict tone doesn’t suit her small frame.

I locked the door to my room as we went inside. I gave her spare clothes and let her take a shower as I went to take mine in another room.

When I came out fully clothed, I went to my room and got enthralled with the beauty lying down on my bed. It appears she’s asleep with her signature tongue-sticking habit.

I giggled and lied down next to her, covering us both with the blanket.

I’m really, really going to miss you my love.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, hoping to see her in my dreams as I held her closer in my arms.

We woke up to the sound of familiar pounding on the door.

“YOOOOOONA! YUUUUUUURI! Open up you idiots!” We heard Sooyoung banging hard impatiently.

I opened the door dragging the sleepy Yuri behind me.

“Sorry Soo. Let’s go down now.” I said calmly and gave Sooyoung a nice smile, hoping to make it up to her. She just shook her head and went down first.

“Let’s go down hon.” I said and stole a kiss. I ran down laughing hard while Yuri, now fully awake, came chasing me.

“Yah, Yoona!” I heard her shout as she chased me around the room, earning a few laughs from our friends.

“Finally you two are here.” Tiffany said, giving us food as we stopped running, sitting side by side.

“Thanks Tiff.” Yuri said and gave me a chicken piece which I gladly accepted, chomping hungrily.

“Seriously, you guys are like twins! Always together, leaving us behind.” Sooyoung said, giving us something that I could only guess as a pout.

Jessica cringed with Sooyoung’s poor attempt on aegyo. Suddenly she stood up and spanked Soo’s with a silent ‘stop it’.

We giggled and Sunny did what she’s best on, doing aegyo, infuriating Sica more resulting to chasing once again.

After the very troublesome party, we shared a few tear-jerking moments with our impending separation.

“We’re going to miss you girls.” Hyo said giving each one of them a hug.

“Don’t forget about us okay?” Tae-unnie seconded.

“Of course. Who would forget about you crazy cousins.” Sunny said making us all laugh.

“It was really a worthwhile experience having you around unnie. I hope we can spend time together some time again soon.” Seo said looking very stiff yet her eyes were full of sincerity.

“Aww, our baby.” Yuri said and gave maknae a hug.

I laughed and there our group hug started.

After saying our last good byes, we saw them get inside their car and drove off.

Yuri and I promised to meet up tomorrow before we leave.

I smiled and went up to my room, hoping everything will be alright.

 

Yuri’s POV

I sighed as I settled in my bed ready to sleep. No matter how I try to convince myself that everything will be alright, my heart can’t stop pounding, making me worry.

I looked at the photo we took on our date in her kayak when we weren’t even a couple yet. I smiled looking at our innocent smiles. We didn’t know that those simple emotions of longing and wanting to be close to each other blossomed into this love. I got distracted with a knock on my door and I stood up to open it.

“We need to talk.”

I looked at her intently before I let her in.

She sat on my bed. I closed the door and stood in front of her, dreading what she was about to say. With the look on her face, I can say that it’s serious and I might be in big trouble.

“Care to tell me about this?” She said and showed me her phone with a picture on it.

I grabbed the phone and my eyes widened.

It was me and Yoona kissing earlier.

“Don’t lie to me Yuri.”