open your eyes

everyday i fool the world

I can feel excitement and worry rushing through my veins as I, once again, took a bath diligently and wrecked my closet for a nice outfit. I cursed myself looking at my pile of clothes with only a towel on as I just finished my bath. I now remember that my mom did the packing when I was sent here. 

I sighed.

I need to look good, and I swear this is the first time I ever worried on how I look. I never cared to be bothered on how people see me before but this time, I'm meeting someone special. My heart knows I am, and it's doing a pretty good job of jumping around in my chest out of pace. 

How can I be this nervous when I haven't met you yet? Will you feel the same way too?

I can't help but ask myself.

I finally decided to wear black skinny jeans with some ripped design, a loose white button up shirt and black adidas sneakers. Well, at least I look presentable. I checked my silver watch as I combed my hair.

Do good.

I thought to myself as I stared at my reflection at the mirror.

I sprayed some perfume and smelled myself. I smell good. I look good. But I hope my hands will stop trembling. It's like I'm going out on my very first date. And in this date, my partner has no idea that we are actually going on a date.

I sighed and decided it's time to go before I see something wrong about my get-up and start redressing.

I drove my car silently and slowly. I held the heart pendant as I drove. I checked my phone, no messages. I hope Honey will text me and help me feel at ease. Too bad she told me she'll be sleeping in today.

I turned towards the old dirt road hoping I'll see the famous red twin of my car at the house at the end of this path.

I parked my car outside the house and looked around. No sign of the red car.

Maybe it's parked somewhere.

I walked slowly towards the front door when out came Sooyoung.

"Hey Yoona! I'm glad you came! We're almost done preparing lunch. Come inside. Don't worry, Tiffany's no where near the kitchen." She laughed as she ushered me inside.

I laughed with her and asked where's everyone and she replied they're all in the kitchen. Well, except for Tiffany and Jessica who was still in town buying drinks.

I think they tricked Tiffany in going out. Haha!

I sat on the couch and waited. I can hear the faint movement of metal and few laughter from somewhere in the house. I stood up and paced around the room.

Anytime now.

I thought as I picked up the frame on top of the piano again.

"If I didn't know you have a boyfriend, I would really think you have a crush on my cousin." Jessica's cold voice pierced through the silence. I immediately looked up and chuckled nervously as I was caught red handed.

"Oh come on Jessie. That's not a way to welcome our guest! Hi Yoona!" Tiffany warmly greeted as she pushed aside Jessica by the door. Jessica just rolled her eyes and let out a small smile. I waved at her as I welcomed Tiffany's hug.

"Oh guys! You're back! Just in time, we will now serve the food!" Sooyoung said as she took off her apron.

We all went to the dining room and seated ourselves as we can smell the delightful aroma of the prepared food.

Seohyun came and placed different dishes in front of us. My lips couldn't help but smile at the sight.

"Yoona, you look starved." Jessica joked and I blushed with embarassment when all of them started laughing. I bowed my head as I covered my reddened cheeks.

Just then, I heard footsteps coming.

"Yoona, I want you to meet our dear friend---" Tiffany said.

I immediately looked up and scanned the room. My eyes widened in shock.

"The great cook who cooked these blessings before us--" Sooyoung continued. I was speechless as I stared at the person as she smiled back at me as well.

"Oh cut the crappy intro guys! We've already met!" The girl squealed.

"What?!" The other girls said as their mouths hung low and their eyes widened. I smiled.

"Well, of course. It's nice to see you Sunny!" I greeted and stood up from my seat and hugged the shorter girl.

"But how?" Sooyoung asked, still stunned. Sunny did the honor of telling the story of how we met.

I shook my head and sighed.

Kwon Yuri, where on earth are you?

We ate our hearty lunch full of laughter and teasing from the girls. I'm glad to have met people like them. I wish the Kim cousins were here and be able to meet them too. In the middle of lunch I started to feel uncomfortable and wanted to use the bathroom.

"Uhm, Soo, can I use your restroom?" I asked Sooyoung at my right.

"Oh sure. But please use the other one upstairs because we haven't cleaned the one here." She explained.

"Yeah. Just use the one upstairs. Farthest door to the right, white door." Jessica said without looking up.

I excused myself and went up.

I guess they have sound proof walls here, I couldn't hear their loud voices even just by the stairs. I slowly climbed up as I adored each hanged frame on the wall. I silently walked towards the restroom. Just as I reached for the door knob, the door opened and something banged straight to me. I collapsed on the floor with a heavy weight on top of me.

We both grunted as I realized a girl on her pajamas was lying on top of me, clutching her head. She stood up slowly and reached out her hand for me to grab. I focused on my aching and dusted off my jeans when I was up again.

A soft husky voice spoke up.

"Uhm, I'm sorry. I was on a rush, I didn't notice you on time." She said.

I looked at her and I swear, my heart stopped beating and I forgot to breathe.

Oh my God.

She looked at me thoughtfully and I think it's because I probably look weird right now.

"It's okay." I managed to reply. She smiled after hearing my voice.

"Whew. I thought I've done worse and got you hurt. Thank God you're okay. I'm Kwon Yuri by the way, you must be Sica's friend." She offered her hand for a handshake. I can feel my chest constricting.

"Uhm, I'm Yoona. Im Yoona." I calmed myself out and shook her hand.

"Well, I'm going downstairs Yoona. I'll see you later when you come down okay? Sorry again." By that, she smiled at me, waved and turned towards the staircase.

I hastily went in the restroom and sat on the wide, pearly white marble floor. I let out a shaky breath and started doing my breathing exercises.

I just met Kwon Yuri.

I sat there dazed until I can feel nature calling me again.

I did my business and washed my hands. I looked at my reflection on the mirror and dried the sweat on my forehead.

My gaze went lower towards my chest. The necklace was now in full view. I panicked.

Did she see this?

I quickly hid it back inside my shirt. I'm not ready to meet you Hearty. I'm sorry.

I went back downstairs and tried hard to act normal. Jessica on my left was replaced by Yuri herself as she was joyfully talking with the other girls and Jessica was standing beside her chair.

I sat back at my position and the girls smiled at me. I smiled back, but I pretended not to notice Yuri.

"Yoona, well, you'll get to meet your crush. Here's my cousin Yuri. Yul, she's Yoona. She's got a huge crush on you." Jessica teased as Yuri looked at Jessica then looked at me. I turned red as a tomato while all of them laughed. I managed to let out a small smile.

"You're cute Yoona, I want to pinch you. Well, too bad Sica, we already met." Yuri smiled smugly to the others and winked at me.

I just stayed silent and smiled.

"WHAAAT??" Now, all of them have their mouths opened wide and their eyes bulging out of their sockets. Jessica was first to recover.

"Now, just tell me who else in my family and friends have you met Yoona!" Jessica stated with her face reading an 'unbelievable' expression.

The others laughed, including Yuri.

"Chill Sica, we met upstairs." She laughed again and I joined her. I love hearing her laughter.

We resumed eating and talking.

"Yul, she was the one we told you about, the one with the same car as yours." Tiffany said.

"Really? Wow. I want to see!" Yuri practically squealed and dragged me outside, leaving the others wide eyed.

She started admiring my car, touching and caressing it like it was a delicate flower. I smiled proudly.

"Too bad, mine is back home." She said. She turned and faced me.

"I want to drive it with you." She smiled and sighed. My heart started pounding.

"Well, how about I'll let you drive me around town?" I bravely suggested.

Her dark brown eyes glimmered with happiness as she thanked me.

She dragged me back inside again and told me to wait for her as she will take a bath and change her clothes. I stared her hand holding mine. Eventually, she let go and went upstairs. I guess the others are still at the dining room.

I looked at my hand that she was holding earlier.

Her touch is so familiar, it felt so soft and comfortable. It's really you Hearty.

I waited for her as I sat in the couch, reminiscing my dreams and our encounter. The sound of footsteps broke my chain of thoughts as I quickly hid back the necklace I was holding beneath my shirt.

Do you feel it too Hearty? Do you feel me Yuri?

I looked up and saw her smiling down at me, with her hand reaching out for me to hold. I remember my dream and her words.

'Don't leave me again.'