Drive slowly; enjoy what life can offer you.

everyday i fool the world

 

 

When you think of life as a fast lane, driving with so much speed that everything you’ve been through will never be anything more than a blur in your memory. As I look back in my lifetime there are a lot of blurs and I can’t help but regret it. If only I’ve cherished one step at a time of my journey, then I can never have problems like remembering my first love.

I laughed. I’ve never felt so stupid. I’ve memorized a lot of mathematical formulas, important history dates and even scientific methods and processes, but I’ve forgotten something that close and special for me. When I was still in high school, my friends always shared their firsts. First love, first kiss, first rejection, first heartache. I’ll always be the clueless one and just listen not uttering a word. Then they will comfort me saying that someday, I’ll experience them too.

Hell, I’ve already had my first love.

I look back at the diary and the two girls.

I’ll find you, Hearty.

Then my phone beeped, distracting me again. Honey!

From: Honey

I love you hon! By the way, are you enjoying your summer? J

I typed my reply.

To: Honey

Uhmm, well, I’ve met a lot of pretty girls. Hehe

I decided to tease Honey.  Beep. Oh, fast reply!

From: Honey

:,(

Awww. My Honey is sooo cute!

To: Honey

Awww, Hon. You will always be the one for me. Keke. Mwah!

From: Honey

You can never say that Hon, we’ve never met. We don’t even know each other’s name. I don’t even know if you’re a boy or a girl! L

I think Honey’s frustrated. There are times in our relationship that this happens. Well, mostly in my part. I always go impatient and want to meet but I’m afraid to show myself too. We often engage in cold war once this topic comes up since it seems that none of us wants to show ourselves. It’s so hard to feel something for someone who you never met and no idea who they really are.

To: Honey

We haven’t met but still you manage to catch my heart hon. how much more if we see each other every day? I think you will have all of me by that time my love. <3

From: Honey

You’re such a sweet talker hon! I’m sorry for saying those things. I just miss you too much.

To: Honey

I miss you too hon. Keke. I don’t know why I always turn into this romantic person when it comes to you.

From: Honey

I know right? And you turn me into this giddy school girl talking to her crush! J Uhm,  I’m a bit tired hon. I’ve been swimming a lot today. I’ll go to sleep now and think of you, okay? Dream of me too. I love you. Mwah!

To: Honey

So, you’re a girl Hon? Keke. Well, I’ll dream of you too. Goodnight! I <3 U.

From: Honey

Oops. I guess you got me. Oh well, I should go to sleep. J

To: Honey

Goodnight again hon. I’ll be your angel while you sleep. Keke.

I placed my phone on the floor and laid face down on the couch. A girl, huh? Well, it really made me happy. I don’t have to wonder about that now. Should I tell her that I’m a girl too? What if she gets scared?

I ruffled my hair. I looked at the big clock. It’s now 11 pm. I should go to sleep.

I went up to my room and went to the balcony to check if the door’s locked. I noticed the rocking chair outside. I went out and sat there for a while looking up at the sky. The sky is full of stars. I fell asleep.

I woke up at 1am and transferred inside my room. I picked up my phone and told my mom to bring my car here. I went back to bed and slept.

The sound of a car in the front woke me up. I went out the balcony and saw my yellow sports car parked away from the field of flowers. I literally ran all the way to my baby.

Robert came out and smiled at me.

“Good noon miss! Looks like you missed your car.”

“I do!” while panting.

“Have you eaten yet? You look like you just went out of bed.” He said worriedly.

“I’m okay.” I said while he tossed me the keys.

“Where will I park this?” I asked, full of concern for my baby.

“Don’t worry; we’ll build a garage here. Since your grandfather just place his car on the warehouse near the lake before. We know you don’t want it parked that far.” He said.

“Okay.”

A few minutes later a team of construction workers appeared and started building the two car garage with the directions from Robert himself. I stayed inside the house, mostly doing nothing but texting Honey and surfing the net. I found good movies on the TV too and watched them. I realized that I still love Phineas and Ferb. God! I can sing their theme song for my summer! I had a lot of fun becoming a child again. The next day, the garage was done and Robert asked me to drive him to the nearest train station in town since he didn’t bring a car. I agreed.

When we reached town, I bid him goodbye. I drove around town and realized that it’s indeed a small town. But at least they have a 24 hour store here. I drove back to the dirt road. Halfway, I saw a red sports car just like mine coming the opposite way. I was in awe. Wow. My baby looks good in any colour. Keke. I slowed down and looked at the driver, it’s a girl!

My heart raced a bit and I felt like having a heart attack. She’s beautiful! I didn’t realize it until she glanced at me and continued driving. We both slowed down driving after all. Who wouldn’t? This baby’s too cute not to be noticed. I smiled, proud of my car and drove again.

I noticed another dirt road up ahead with a sign: OLD RED ROAD. Oh, this is the road, Sooyoung and the girls told me about. I decided to pay them a visit. It’s a good 15 minute drive when I finally saw a beautiful white house. I guess, this is their lake house.

I went out my car and walked towards the voices I heard.  I guess they’re having fun by the lake. I saw them splashing water at each other.

“Hey guys!” I shouted, getting their attention.

They all turned around to face me.

Good Lord. I regret getting their attention now. They all look so hot that I can feel my face blush terribly. My eyes widened and my mouth opened a little. It’s a good thing they were quite at a distance so I can still recover from the shock.

Breathe in. Breathe out. I never knew they could be this beautiful.