beating of the heart

everyday i fool the world

I stared there at my phone and breathe out.

I'm doing this.

to: Honey

hon. it's time for us to see who we really are. i don't know how i become this bold, but i really am sincere in what i said. i want to meet you. and whatever happens, you'll always be my honey. remember that. <3

Gosh. I'm so cheezy like this, I'm shocked with myself sometimes.My heart keeps on drumming loudly, anxious for the reply.

from: Honey

now, i would really like to see you. hmm. but honey, when will we meet?

 

to: Honey

well, are you free anytime from now?

 

from: Honey

uhm, i'm quite busy hon. many family matters to be taken care of. and my applications for college. i'm sorry.

 

I sighed.

 

to: Honey

it's okay hon. well, how about we see each other on the first day of class? you know most universities have the same start of classes. hmmp. now i come to think of it, we both dont know where we live. :(

 

from: Honey

haha. you're right hon! i don't care where you live. all i know is, we will meet each other. that's a promise. <3

 

to: Honey

yes hon. for you i'm willing to cross oceans and climb mountains just to see your face even just for a second. <3

 

eek. I'm so cheezy sometimes maybe I should just marry myself. Kidding.

I smiled. Only Honey made me feel this way. She made me feel like I can do anything.

 

from: Honey

hahaha. hon! you should really make a cheese factory. you're so cheezy. but i love it. and you know that. love you hon. by the way, i can't contact you for the next few days, about a week hon. :(

 

My eyes went wide. She's not bailing out on me, right? I shook my head. How could I think of Honey like that? I sighed.

 

to: Honey

but why hon? i'm going to miss u so much. :(

 

from: Honey

i'm going abroad for that time honey. my dad wants me to do something there. :(

 

to: Honey

can we at least chat? :,(

 

from: Honey

i wish we could. but my schedule there won't let me. but don't worry hon. i'll text you the moment i get back. :) is that okay dear?

 

I usually don't like it when people just disappear but with Honey I'm willing to wait.

Ding! A lightbulb in my head light up.

 

to : Honey

how about this hon, uhm, i'll pick you up? :) then you can stay with me here for a while. i'm sure you'll love the place. :)

 

I wonder if it's okay with her. I smacked my forehead. Of course she'll say no!

I'm like a total stranger to her. In the real world, we don't know each other. Heck, we may have even bumped to each other once or twice but we never know.

 

from: Honey

okay dear. i trust you. i'll text you okay? and you better be there because i won't leave the airport if you won't be there. 

 

She sounds like my mom. I mean, like how she is to my dad. Like she's my wife. I blushed. Wow Im Yoona. You imagine so much.

 

to: Honey

of course hon. i'll be there. :) well hon, i've got to fix myself something to eat since i think i've eaten some 'bad' food earlier. :(

 

from: Honey

what? don't eat bad food hon. you'll get sick. and i don't want you to be sick. :(

 

to: Honey

it's okay hon. i just ate it coz a friend gave it to me and i think it'll hurt her if i won't eat. :)

 

from: Honey

who's she? now i'm jealous. maybe that's why you didn't answer my messages earlier.. :(

 

to: Honey

no no hon! really she's just a friend. her name's Tiffany and she's kinda into cooking yet the product's not that desirable at all.

 

from: Honey

well, maybe all Tiffanys are like that. uhm, don't worry hon, when we see each other, i'll cook for you. :) i may be not that skilled but i'll do my best. :)

 

to: Honey

i can't wait to have you here hon! uhm, my tummy doesn't feel good hon. I think I should rest. :(

 

from: Honey

i wish i can take care of you hon. well, take care okay? don't overexert yourself. and if ever your friend gives you something like that food again, be good to me and just decline okay? but decline as politely as possible. i just don't want u to be sick. goodnight hon! i'll start packing and i'll text you when i'll go to the airport. i love you. <3

 

to: Honey

i love you too hon. good night! :)

 

I went to the bathroom, did my thing and took a shower. Afterwards, I went and prepared a simple meal just to get by. I plopped myself in my bed and fell asleep.

The light from the balcony woke me up. I forgot to close the curtains last night. I glanced at the clock. 8:00am. 

I took a bath and checked my phone.

Hmm. So Honey already left. I miss her already. I replied to her to have a safe trip and had some breakfast.

It's sunny outside, with a soft wind blowing every now and then. I washed my dishes at the kitchen and as I stared outside, I caught a glimpse of the treehouse. I should go there. I haven't been there since I found the diary.

I opened the door of the treehouse. It's as cozy as always. I brought the diary with me and I opened it as I lied on the bed.

There were a few more drawings of the two stick figure girls and I can't help but envy the younger me. Well, she has a better love life than I have now. She had Hearty with her. She's able to hold her hands, play with her and just be there for her. I tried to recall my memories of the lost love I had before. I turned at a comfortable position until I fell asleep.

 

Laughter. There was loud giggling and laughter everywhere. It's so bright. I blinked and found myself laughing with this little girl tickling me at my sides. I retaliated. We were playing at the field of flowers. Whoah. We really laid on them, they're not going to die, are they?  I looked at the girl who's now busy catching her breath while lying down beside me. I can't see her face clearly but I can say she's pretty. Who are you? I tried to reach her face but she quickly stood up pulling me with her. I noticed a sliver necklace she wore. There was a heart pendant with a flower on its side. Hearty. My heart suddenly started drumming as my vision started to blur. When I opened my eyes again, I saw water. I sank deep into the water, until all I can see is darkess. Water. It's so cold.

 

I breathe in a lungful of air and quickly breathe in and out.

That dream is so realistic.

Hearty.

You keep on haunting me.

Let me find you Hearty.

Repair this heart of mine so I can be complete again.

I feel that Hearty still holds a part of me which is buried deep in my memories.

Why can't I remember you?

Why?

I didn't notice but I was crying. I dried my eyes and tucked the diary in my pocket once more.

It's already noon when I went back to the house. I ate lunch and just stared outside. I don't really feel like doing anything today.

By 2pm, I was so bored that I jumped off the sofa and grabbed the key for the warehouse.

Maybe I should try out the kayak.

I went and got the kayak out. It's really nice and customized by mom. I liked it.

There was a writing on its right side saying : AlligatorYoong and on its left: ImChoding.

Gosh mom. No wonder I won't grow up.

I smiled and went to the water.

I paddled and paddled around the lake. I really have no place to go. I'm just glad that it's shady now, with some clouds on the sky but not threatening of rain. I stopped in the middle of the lake and pondered upon things for a while. 

I'm glad I learned to love the water and swimming. I remember being afraid of the water before, silly me. My kayak just stayed still and I laid down to close my eyes. I can feel the wind blowing softly. I can hear the sound of the trees when their leaves danced with the wind. I can hear my heartbeat. 

I sat up once again and noticed that the sun is setting. The wonderful colors of red and orange reflected in the lake, looking like a big mirror. The sight is so lovely. So beautiful that you want to share it with the person you love. I wish you're here beside me, Honey.