clearer picture

everyday i fool the world

I am in the field of flowers again. The sun is blazing hot and I can feel the sweat trinkling down my face. I tried to wipe them off but still more and more sweat pour down my face and I just let it be. I looked around and saw no one, but I can hear the faint sound of laughter. I ran, as fast as my legs can carry me to the direction of the sound. I followed a fresh footpath in the field and just ran in that seemingly unending direction. My legs are too tired to move, too heavy for me to carry but still I forced myself to run. I need to see you now. I saw the hazy figure of the big tree where my treehouse resides and I smiled as I can now hear the laughter louder. As I got closer, I saw someone playing at the swing. She seems to be enjoying a lot since she's non-stop laughing. I stood near her and placed my palms on my knees as I tried to take steady deep breaths. Then, the laughter stopped. I looked up and saw that the girl got off from the swing. She's now walking towards me. I can see her face clearly now, and I'm sure that that beautiful face is the girl I saw in the pictures at Jessica's uncle's lakehouse. She's no other than the young version of Kwon Yuri. My Hearty. She stood in front of me and smiled. 'What took you so long Toothy? I waited for you.' She pouted. I just stared at her. She's talking to me. 'Don't worry. I forgive you. What's important is your here now right? And please don't leave me again." She smiled thoughtfully at me and offered her hand for me to hold. I smiled at her. 'Never again' I said as I reached out for her hand. 'Never---' 

Brrt. Brrrrt. Brrt. Brrrt.

I touched my chest, feeling the intense pain it brought upon me. I looked up to Hearty as I grasped the dangling necklace. I saw her crying as she told me with her broken voice and her hurt-filled eyes.

'You're leaving me again.'

 

"Arrgh!" I shouted as I threw away whatever it was that was placed on my chest. I sat up right as I tried to calm myself down and looked around me. I'm in my room and I'm now sitting on my bed. I'm dreaming about her again. I sighed. I heard the buzzing sound again and realized that the item I threw earlier was my phone.

I picked the phone up and saw that I got a few messages.

I smiled. 

My reality is back now. Honey.

from: Honey

Hon, i miss you. and i'm so sorry. i hope you won't get mad at me. remember we promised that you'll pick me up at the airport right? well, i just landed. my dad had an emergency and we immediately went home way out of schedule. he's a wreck right now and he's sending me somewhere to relieve myself from the stress. i think you're still sleeping and i hope you'll understand. i love u.

 

My eyes went wide with shock.

An emergency? Why is she apologizing? Is she okay?

I panicked as I replied to her as fast as I can.

 

to: Honey

it's okay babe. are u okay? i'm worried right now, please tell me you're fine. :(

 

from: Honey

yes hon. i'm okay. though i keep on worrying about dad. he's a little bit of a workaholic and it's haunting him now. i'm on the road right now. my driver is sending me home. don't worry now okay? i'm sorry for waking you up. i miss u.

 

to: Honey

aahh. i'm glad. i miss you to hon. but i'm kinda sad we couldn't meet sooner. :( i think you're tired from the trip, i should let you rest.

 

from: Honey

it's okay hon. uhm, my dad is sending me somewhere so i can't arrange to meet you but how about we go with your first plan?

 

to: Honey

you mean, we'll meet at the first day of class hon?

 

from: Honey

yes hon. since i think it's the earliest time that we can meet. i can't wait to see you. :)

 

to: Honey

me too hon. i love you so much. please take care okay? and you should take some rest. i don't want you to get sick due to stress. as much as i want to keep in touch with you, your health comes first. so, please sleep now. okay? mwah. :)

 

from: Honey

your bribing me with a kiss? :D

 

I chuckled with her reply.

 

to: Honey

maybe. :P kidding! mwah mwah mwah. now please sleep hon. and dream of me. :) oh, scratch that, uhm, dream of us.. :D

 

from: Honey

okay honey. i feel dizzy thinking of your kisses. keke. i will. i love u. mwah. :)

 

to: Honey

alright, now let's sleep and meet in dreamland. i love you too hon. :)

 

I smiled a lot as I laid back down on my bed. It's 4 AM but here I am, giggling to myself.

In my darkness, you will always be my light.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

Before I slept, a thought hovered around my head.

Who will I see? Honey or Hearty?

Then darkness engulfed me.

 

I opened my eyes as the sunlight tried to blind me off with its radiance. I blinked. 

Wow. I didn't have a dream, or at least I can't remember it.

I smiled as I glanced at my phone. I texted Honey a good morning and I stood up to take a shower.

I felt so happy knowing Honey's back that I actually took a lot of time to get ready. I was singing/howling in the bathroom as I celebrated Honey's return.

When I finished, I picked my phone up. No messages.

I sighed, maybe she's still asleep.

I smiled to myself.

Maybe she's still dreaming of me. keke.

I smacked my forehead, how did I become this delusional? I shook my head and grinned.

I went to the kitchen and for once I felt lonely.

This is my parents fault for coming here. Hmph.

I sat on the kitchen stool imagining that they're still here.

I used to do that when I was a child and they're both away on a trip. I always had Robert back then. He'd sing to me while cooking me my favorite breakfast even though the chef was there, ready to cook for me. He always made me feel important, specially at times when I feel worthless and undeserving. I looked up and glanced at the spot he occupied yesterday. I didn't bother to stop my tears, crying always relieves my heart from pain. It shows that I'm strong enough to deal with how I feel. My dad told me that. I hugged myself and just slumped my head on the counter.

After an hour, my stomach started grumbling and I realized I haven't eaten yet. I dried my tears and started preparing my breakfast. I went to the living room and played music through the player to stop me from feeling alone again. I checked my phone and seeing no new messages, I placed it on the center table.

I sang to each song played and even danced a little. I finished cooking my favorite dish that actually took some time for me to cook. My cooking skills are getting rusty. I ate my food as I hummed to the songs. Afterwards, I washed my plates, utensils and cleaned the mess I made in the kitchen while I was busy with my concierto earlier.

I went to the living room and turned off the music and the TV.

I watched anime this time and jumped on the couch. I was actually having a good time and I realized that I missed my childhood a lot. This made me think of my friends. I should really call them some time.

I picked up my phone and found out I had a few messages. I read each one.

 

from: Mom

dear, you can come back home if you want to. we miss you here. love you. take care always.

 

Wow. Can mothers really feel it when their child is hurting? Amazing. I typed and sent my reply saying that I'm okay and I will go home if I get bored.

 

from: Honey

good morning hon. i arrived safely by the way, and i dreamt of us. :D

 

I smiled but then I remembered I didn't dream of anything last night.

 

to: Honey

i love u hon. i will never get tired of saying this. :)

 

I squealed. I'm being cheezy again! Then I started reading more texts.

 

from: Sooyoung

hey Yoona! Sooyoung here. Come at the beach house, we have someone for you to meet. :)

 

My eyes went big. My heart started pounding again.

Is it Kwon Yuri?

I replied to ask them of the time.

Another message.

 

from: Kim T shortie

yow Yoona! reply if you're still breathing! we miss you, you alligator!

 

I laughed at my good friend Taeyeon's text. I replied.

 

to: Kim T shortie

i'm still alive but i'm barely breathing. just prayed to a god that i don't believe in. hahaha. i'm a singer now, too busy to text a dork. :P kekeke.

 

Oh. Another message! What happened while I was cooking that people started missing me? Oh well.

 

from: Kim H dancemaniac

let's hang out! i'm getting tired of Taeyeon's face! i hate being her cousin coz we're like always stuck together! her shortness is rubbing off on me!! help yooong!!

 

I laughed at Hyoyeon's text. God! Those Kim cousins are really my best buddies in the world. They never fail to make me laugh with their antics. I replied.

 

to: Kim H dancemaniac

height came from genes. we all know that Hyo. that's why you're cousins! kekeke. can't wait to see you girls and see how much i've grown over summer! hahaha! kidding! :)

 

I finished replying and reading messages so I focused on the TV again. As Tom the cat was supposed to hit Jerry mouse with a frying pan, my phone started vibrating. I picked it up and read the message.

 

from: Sooyoung

you can come by at lunch. i promise you won't regret meeting this person. :) we'll expect you okay?

 

I heart went crazy again.

Kwon Yuri, if it's you, how am I going to act around you? Will you remember me?

But it's worth a try right?

For Hearty to remember me? Her Toothy?

Hearty will always be worth a try.

 

to: Sooyoung

i'll be there Soo.