dealing with loss

everyday i fool the world

 

On the other side of the sea, in a sleepy lake town, one girl is left drifting into her own mind, finding it seemingly impossible to just get out of it and live on. No, it’s never going to be easy, when the person who haunts your thoughts is gone. Yes, gone.

Kwon Yuri stared at the wooden door. It’s been two days since she last visited this place and all she ever wants is to be back inside the confines of this house. Sensing that there is no presence lingering around other than her; she sighed and sat in the front porch. She then casted her gaze in the flower field in front of her. How beautiful they were. It was a sight to behold.  It was like a canvass splashed with different colors, very inviting to the eyes.

She finds it really odd to feel really connected to this place. Like, if she was out walking, her feet will take her to this place. Even before she knew that Yoona lives here.

It was like something, a force perhaps, pulling her towards these flowers.

She thought for a while and smiled.

Maybe because she once loved playing in this field.

Oh yeah. How could she forget?

She closed her eyes and hugged herself tight.

Her she goes again. She is unable to control her own emotions, thoughts; haunting and gnawing her inside every single day. She felt her eyes water, and upon feeling the liquid sliding down her cheek, the most painful memory she was trying hard to forget gets back to her, reminding, teasing her.

Toothy.

How could she ever leave her without a single goodbye?

She was her bestfriend, her confidante, her playmate, her Toothy.

How traumatic and heart breaking would it be to lose your bestfriend right in front of your eyes. No matter how hard you cry and scream for her name, it will never be enough to bring her back.

Yuri covered as her soft sobs started to come out. She was crying hard for her loss a few years back. The loss she wasn’t able to get over with. The same loss that kept her from forming intimate relationships.

If losing someone is that hard, why would you care risking being with someone who could walk out of your life anytime they want?

Toothy was her first heartache.

She blamed her for her endless wailing during night time.

She blamed her for her fear of water.

She blamed her for her later obsession with swimming.

She blamed her for her distant attitude towards new people.

Toothy came, made life perfect for a seven-year-old, and vanished, crashing everything for Kwon Yuri.

She remembered how she woke up in the hospital.

How she called out for Toothy.

How she cried when her parents told her that she’s gone.

How she always visited their place every time she gets.

How she always insisted on having her summer vacations here and waits for Toothy to return.

How she broke her heart when she heard that the owner was no longer living there.

She even asked God how He permitted this to happen to her.

Why her? Why Toothy?

She chuckled with bitterness.

Weren’t I too young to break my heart like that?

She rocked herself softly as she remembered her memory with Toothy. Though, their moments were brief and somehow faded, it calms her down after a breakdown.

She sighed and looked up to the sky.

How silly of her, crying her heart out in her distant neighbour’s porch.

She recalled how her heart went faster when Yoona brought her here for the first time.

How a small spark of hope sparkled in her heart.

How she wished that Yoona was Toothy.

How she wanted Yoona to be Toothy.

How she spend time with Yoona like how she imagined her times with Toothy.

It was silly of her to think of Yoona that way.

Yoona is not Toothy.

Toothy is gone.

And now, guess what?

Yoona’s gone too.

She stared hard to the sky.

Seriously? Am I meant to be alone?

Kwon Yuri sighed as she continued to sit there at Yoona’s porch.

She finds it amusing to be here, waiting for someone who was probably not going to come.

What is she expecting?

It’s not like she was someone special.

Yoona probably was just being kind to her and accommodated her for those days.

She was just Kwon Yuri, a girl whom Yoona met a few days ago.

They don’t have any special connections.

They don’t have anything, just to be clear.

They don’t even have each other’s phone number.

See?

Just who am I to you Yoona? Because you are beginning to be someone whom I would like to have in my life.

 

Meanwhile..

-calling Boss Im-

Invisible Men (IM): Sir?

IM: Yes, a girl is outside, in the porch. She doesn’t look like a threat sir.

IM: She is crying sir.

IM: Anything aside for the girl, negative sir.

-end call-

 

Daddy Im sighed.

I guess she’s back.