winning them over

everyday i fool the world

Robert arrived at night and he smiled at himself for being back at this place.

He went inside the house and cleaned the place up. It seems that their princess didn't do much cleaning while staying there.

When he finished cleaning, it was already late at night. As he laid at his bed staring at his ceiling, he thought of the times he spent with the Im family. Surely, he spent most of his years serving them, and for him, it didn't feel like he was working at all. He loved his job and better, he loved his masters. He cared for them like they really are his own family. He treated their little princess Yoong as his daughter whom he never had. As he reminisced of his past, he drifted off to sleep with a small smile escaping his lips.

When morning came, he took a bath and dressed himself. He then started cooking and tending the house. Well, since his guest is yet to arrive.

After lunch, he looked outside and sighed. 

Where is she? Is she not coming again?

He sat at the couch and the TV, he might as well entertain himself while waiting.

----------------------------------------------

Yuri stared into the lake. It wasn't helping her pitiful state that the girls left her at the lakehouse and went out of state to attend a concert.

Well, maybe it was her fault choosing to stay alone and mope some more.

She stared at her phone on her hand. One of the most important things that ever crossed her life and now, it seems like it's useless. She couldn't even find a reason to smile anymore. 

Am I succumbing into the ill depths of depression?

She shook her head. 

She picked up a small pebble and threw it into the water.

She started walking, directionless, face blank and arms lazily swinging beside her.

She was walking for quite some time now and she can't help but sigh when she noticed where her feet have taken her.

She was at the field of flowers again, taunting and tugging her heart's strings, flooding her with waves of nostalgia and longing both for Yoona and Toothy.

When she was near the house, she looked around and noticed that something felt strange, like somehow she's not alone.

She ran towards the house and stood in front of the door. She can hear the faint sound of the TV inside and it brought her a big smile on her face.

She's back!

She knocked the door excitedly.

She heard some noise inside and she brightened her smile more.

When the door opened she wanted to jump on Yoona but the figure who greeted her was far from the beautiful doe-eyed girl who lived here.

She stared at the man standing in front of her and slowly, unconsciously, her smile faded, little by little.

"Hi there!" The man flashed him a very cheerful smile and she smiled back, hoping to convey the same amount of cheeriness from the man's smile.

"Well, are you looking for the young miss?" The man opened the door a little wider and motioned her to get inside. Yuri shifted her gaze back to the field and reluctantly got inside. He seems trustworthy enough and besides, looks like he knows Yoona.

"Well, if you're talking about Yoona, then yes." Yuri replied with a smile and stood a few steps away from the man.

The man smiled and suddenly had his eyes open wide.

"Oh, how rude of me. I haven't introduced myself yet. I am Robert, the Im's butler. I'm sorry and please call me Robert." The man, Robert, bowed at Yuri.

I guess he's used in bowing to people like that.

"It's okay, I am Kwon Yuri, I am Yoona's friend. It is nice to meet you." Yuri bowed at Robert too. When she looked up, he was smiling at her.

"Oh lovely! Would you like some tea and cookies? I prepared some!" He said and left for the kitchen.

Yuri followed the man and settled herself on a stool as she watched him getting the snacks.

"Uhm, Robert, do you know where Yoona is?" Yuri asked as she stared at Robert's back, how she wished it was Yoona there preparing her food.

"Well, the young miss went with her friends island hopping. She didn't tell?" Robert said as he turned around and placed a tray of goodies in front of Yuri. Yuri took some and ate them. She smiled as she let the rich taste invade . After swallowing her food she replied.

"Well, she didn't tell." She said, sadness evident in her voice.

"It's okay, I think the young miss went hurriedly and she even left her phone at home. She was meeting her friends and I can say she was making up to them for ignoring them after graduation. It seems she was having a lot of fun here." He smiled and poured her some tea in a cup.

Yuri started talking about Yoona and her friends and how they met. Well, she skipped the parts where she and Yoona are having their 'dates'. Robert and Yuri seemed to be going along fine. Exchanging stories about Yoona, laughing at times recalling some of the past.

For Robert, he was relieved that whoever this girl is, she is making his young miss happy and that made him like Yuri.

Yuri on the other hand, was happy to have someone to talk about Yoona who seems to be someone who occupies a lot of her mind now.

By the end of their session, both have become close friends, and for the first time, Yuri wasn't crying her heart out nor had her eyes swollen from crying.

Late that afternoon, Yuri bid Robert goodbye and gave him her number in case Yoona went home already. She told him that Yoona never had her number which surprised Robert.

When Yuri was gone, Robert picked up his phone and dialled a number. He conducted a search wether this Kwon Yuri is the same as the girl Yoona has been dreaming about. After a few hours, he received an email and he smiled with satisfaction. He picked up his phone again and dialled a number.

"Sir, she's okay." Robert said genuinely. He could hear a breath of relief from the other line.

"Is she really the one?"

"Yes, sir. She is."

There was a long pause and Robert smiled, knowing what his boss was waiting from him.

"She will not hurt our princess, I can say that." He smiled again.

He can hear a soft laugh coming from Daddy Im.

------------------------------------

That was all he needed. After the phone call, Daddy Im relaxed back into his chair and read his book. His wife had been curious with what he was doing with Robert but just let it slip when he told her that it was for Yoona.

He can sleep soundly tonight, knowing the girl wasn't a threat at all. He was thinking of coming over and inviting her for tea.

He smiled.

That sounds like a plan.