it will rain

everyday i fool the world

The process of moving on goes on and on until you find true happiness and bliss to replace what you lost.

Trial and error.

Process of elimination.

Choose the best answer.

Life is like a test, where you use test taking strategies to pass. The only difference is that in life, there are no mistakes and we never fail. We only gain experience.

There'll be no sunlight if I lose you baby, there'll be no clear skies, if I lose you baby, just like the clouds my eyes will do the same, if you walk away, everyday it will rain.

Yoona have been staring blankly on the glass windows in her bedroom. She's seated in a chair, with her head leaning on the glass as she traced the drops of rain with her finger.

Her ipod is keeping her company and she can almost say that it is doing a good job making her cry over and over again with the constant bombardment of heart wrenching songs, fitting her mood right now.

Tears have never disappeared from her eyes and she can only sigh in relief that the skies seems to cooperate with her that day.

If you walk away, everyday it will rain.

She chuckled as she heard that line again while she wiped the fresh tears streaking down her face.

I was the one who walked away, but why can't I help but cry my eyes out with so much pain? I'm drowning in tears here. Ironic.

She tried to stop the tears but the heavy feeling settling in her heart won't let her. Guilt is still too much to bear, thinking if she's hurt this much, how much more will Honey feel?

She must endure this.

Toughen up Im Yoona.

But the moment those thoughts appeared in her head, flashes of memories that brought pain came up and her eyes welled with tears once more.

Okay, okay, cry for now. Hush my heart, this will all be over soon.

As tears continued to fall, Yoona had drained her energy along with them, causing her to drag herself to her bed and sleep, wishing to stop the pain and get away from the nightmare she had caused.

Yoona skipped breakfast and the whole household is surprised and worried with her behavior.

It is unlikely of their little shikshin to miss meals, immediately warning that something is definitely up.

Robert, Mommy and Daddy Im tried their best to pry her away from her bed and eat something but she was too stubborn to get up.

They smiled a little when after many tries she finally ate a cookie and a glass of milk served in bed, probably due to guilt of having them worried about her.

It was midafternoon, but the rain showed no signs of stopping, further aggravating the mood of the young Im.

What a perfect day to stay in bed and cry my heart out.

Yoona peeked through her covers and once again stared outside.

She heard a faint sound of a car but she quickly regained focus on the waterworks on her window.

She didn't hear the footsteps nearing her room, nor the sound of her door opening.

"Yoong, your car arrived." Daddy Im said as he sat in the edge of his daughter's bed. It hurt his heart seeing how sad his princess is, but he knows his daughter best. He knows she needs space and the comfort of solace for her to make up her mind on something and to settle her feelings. No matter what happens, he will be there and he knows Yoona knows that. All he can do is wait.

Daddy Im stared at his daughter.

Getting no response, he slowly stood up and walked silently to the door.

But before he could turn the knob, a frail voice halted him.

"Dad, how did you know that mom is the one?" He can feel the sadness and pain in each of those words and his heart broke knowing very well that that voice belonged to his own daughter.

He slowly went back and sat on the bed facing his daughter and looked into those doe eyes which she got from her mother, the same eyes he fell in love with years ago.

"I didn't know." He softly said and let out a small smile.

Yoona just stared at him, waiting for him to continue.

"All I knew is that I love her, and until now, I love her still." He smiled fully as he saw life returning into Yoona's orbs. He was now sure it was about love. How he wished his wife is here with him. She was much more open when discussing things like this.

"Yoong, if you get hurt in love, always be thankful. Be thankful for the pain because it will strengthen you, be thankful to the one who broke your heart for the experience and be thankful most of all because you will know that you loved truly. Remember, love only hurts when it’s real." Daddy Im sincerely said and stared at his daughter's face and wiped another tear that fell from her eyes.

"Did you get your heart broken before, dad?" Yoona didn't mind sounding like a little child, so curious and trusting to her own father who was now looking serious, obviously trying to remember something from the past.

"Hmmm. Yes. Yes, I did." after a long pause, Daddy Im finally broke the silence.

"How?" Yoona asked eagerly.

"Well dear, before I met your mom, I was a bit of a weird person." The father said.

Yoona narrowed her eyes and shot her father with a questioning look, raising one of her eyebrows.

"What? I was really weird back then." Her father defended while raising both of his hands.

Her eyes softened and she smiled a bit.

Well, I guess people do change. Dad don't look weird at all, he’s the best dad for me.

She looked at her dad and patted the space next to her, signaling him to lie down. Her father obliged and sat beside her, his back resting on the headboard.

She immediately placed her head on his lap and she felt her father's hand patting her head with gentle .

"Continue dad." She urged as she fought the thought of sleeping.

"Uhm, let's see. I was weird back then and I didn't have a lot of friends because I pretty much kept to myself and stayed at home a lot. I only have a few close friends and I can say that I was only popular purely by association with them and of course because of our family background." He felt Yoona nod her head.

"One summer, your grandpa sent me to a small town. He told me that I needed some time to straighten my thoughts and he said that I will learn a lot of things if I stayed there. I granted his wish and lived a simple life. Nobody knew me there. I was having a hard time doing things for myself because like you, I was a spoiled brat." He laughed when he felt Yoona playfully punching his leg with his last statement.

"I'm not spoiled." Yoona grumbled and pouted.

"Okay, okay, if you say so. The town was really tough and I had to work there for myself. Though dad ordered someone to keep an eye on me and told me to ask money from them if I needed some, I wanted to learn things on my own and started working. I worked on a store. It wasn't that big but I can say a lot of people buy things every day. It was a good thing that I was educated that they hired me. I really thought I'd only be manning the cash register but they also made me a laborer, and made me carry things. It was hard, and I know dad was right when he said I'd learn a lot of things."

"Nobody knew who I was and they never knew what I was capable of. After a month of working there, I met the owner's daughter and I can say I fell in love with her. I thought she liked me too because we started going out together, we went walking into the woods, we had picnics and I even learned fishing just to take her on a fishing trip. I did a lot of things for her and I almost felt her loving me too. One night, I went to visit their house because I wanted to confess who I really was and wanted her to be my girlfriend. As I was walking, I overheard her talking with someone and it sounded like her friend. Her friend asked her if she was in love with me and she just laughed. She said she could never fall in love with a weirdo and a poor loner like me who just lived through the little salary from her father. I shook my head and walked away. I knew I wasn't completely that person, but I can't have someone who will only love me for my money. I resigned from work the next day and requested to go home. The whole town was excited and shocked to see such a brand new and expensive car pass through and headed to my place. I can see her looking at me as I changed to my normal clothes and appearance. People started to form a crowd wanting to see who was lucky enough to ride the car. The people went silent as my butler went out, bowed and greeted me and carried my bags to the car."

Yoona was fully awake now. She had never heard of this story from her dad before. She never knew her dad had problems with people who take advantage of people's money and she was very eager to know what happened next.

"Then? What had happened next, dad?" She asked.

"Well, I went and stood in front of her. She was gaping at me, maybe because I totally looked different and maybe I never looked like someone who was their cashier before. I told her, 'I'm sorry for being a weirdo and for being a cashier but thank you for letting me know who you truly are before I made a mistake.' I smiled and waved goodbye. I was sad and disappointed and I cried in the backseat of the car all the way home. I can really say it was a long time and my eyes were swollen when I arrived."

"It was her loss dad." Yoona said as she sat up and hugged her father gently.

Her father laughed and held her.

"Well, you should thank her. If she didn't break my heart, then I wouldn't meet the most beautiful and loving woman in the world."

"You're talking about mom, right?" Yoona playfully questioned her dad.

"Of course I am!" Her father chuckled.

She let out a small laugh and hugged her father tight.

Thanks dad. For being here. For choosing mom. For being my dad, and for having me.

Mr. Im held his daughter and smiled hearing her laugh a little. He was hoping she will be okay. He never knew he would be sharing that story to his own daughter. They shared their hug until they heard Mrs. Im telling them to come down and drink some hot choco Robert prepared.

"You're coming?" Daddy Im asked.

"Sorry dad, but I'll stay here." Yoona smiled apologetically.

"I'll just have Robert bring you a cup."

Yoona just nodded.

"Uhm, Yoong, tell me, who is this someone who broke your heart? I promise I won't hurt that person." Daddy Im asked cautiously and curiously.

Yoona breathe in deeply and sighed.

"Dad, I was the one who broke someone's heart."

Yoona watched as his dad's eyes widened and tilted his head a little to the side.

"Oh."

That's all Daddy Im can say as he closed the door and walked towards his wife.

Who would have thought this weird man who got his heartbroken will have such a beautiful and strong daughter?

Though he never knew she will be the one breaking someone's heart with how much she was crying, it was totally different from his experience.

Uhm, I guess she took after her mom.