My #26

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum knocked on the ward's door and gently slid the door open. He looked up and saw Raena's bed empty. A moment of panic rushed through him and he ran towards the bed.

"Where did she go?" He raked his hair.

He was about to run out of the ward when he heard shuffling coming from behind him. He stopped and spun around.

"I'm here, husband." Raena staggered out of the toilet, using the wall as her support.

He ran up to her and held onto the girl.

"You idiot," he murmured. "You've just got stitched up, do you want your wound to tear again?"

Raena tried pushing Jaebum away from her, "Yah, stop babying me."

"Stop being so stubborn," he dropped his arms and stood lazily in front of the girl. "Stop it, or I'll be forced to use my means."

She continued walking, ignoring him.

Jaebum rolled his eyes and scooped Raena up, carrying her bridal style. She started kicking around, "Yah, let me down."

"Nope," he shook his head. "I told you to listen to me, but you refused to."

"I'm warning you," Raena grabbed his collar. "Put me down."

"Put you down?" He repeated her request, smirking. "Don't regret it."

"Just put me down!" Raena shook his collar.

JB pretended to let go of her and she squealed in shock, wrapping her arms around his neck. She buried her face in his neck as he stablised his hold around her.

"I'm just joking, I won't drop you." Jaebum chuckled. "Now, will you listen to me?"

Raena released her hug around him and started raining her palms on his chest, "I will if you let me down."

He contemplated his choices and was about to decide when she stopped moving and a breath of pain left her lips. He looked down at her and saw her biting her bottom lip, her hand over her gauzed wound.

 

"Yah, are you okay?" He asked.

"M-My... wound is h-hurting... Let me down." She squeezed her eyes shut, her shirt.

Jaebum quickly set her down gently on her bed. She turned her face towards the pillow. He reached for the emergency call button for the nurse, and was about to press it when he heard stiffling laughter coming from her.

He paused, looking at his wife.

She peeked up at him, before bursting out in laughter.

"Got cha!" She winked at him.

An amused smile tugged on his lips and he had his arms akimbo.

"You've got guts, young lady." He then folded his arms.

She sat up and knelt on the bed, so that they were at the same eye level. She mimicked his folded arms and narrowed her eyes playfully at him.

"Guts is what I have," she rebutted. "I wouldn't have married you otherwise."

Her words made his heart skip a beat. He slipped into a daze for a second while staring at her makeup free face. He shook his head and held her shoulders.

"Yah, guts is guts." He started. "But... Don't ever pull this wild card on me again, got it?"

Raena was surprised at his sudden change of tone. She stared at him as he continued to talk.

"You have no idea how worried I was when I saw you bleeding in the alley." He blurted. "Just don't worry me again."

She nodded dumbly and he smiled, putting his hand on her hair, ruffling it.

"Good."

 

After a few seconds of silence, Raena stopped kneeling and sat down on the bed. She looked up at Jaebum, "Husband, when I am able to be discharged?"

He dragged the chair over to the bed and sat before her.

"The doctor said they have to keep you here for a couple of days."

Raena let out a loud sigh, "Huh..? Why so long?"

"Why do you sound so upset?" He teased. "Do you want to go home with me?"

She eyed him, "Nope. I just don't like the hospital."

"Why?"

Raena her lips and looked at JB, "Have you been to the hospital before?"

He gave her a confused look, "I'm here, aren't I?"

"I mean," she bit her bottom lip. "Have you been to the hospital only to see your family die?"

"Raena..."

"I lost my dad to a car accident when I was 16. My parents had a fight and he stomped off." She took a deep breath. "I received a call a while later from the hospital, saying that my father had been admitted and was in surgery."

He reached for her hands.

"My dad lost too much blood and he passed," she shrugged.

 

Jaebum curled her hair behind her ear, making her face him.

"Don't worry about it," she dropped her gaze. "It has been 10 years, I'm over it."

"What about your mother?" He asked.

"She's dead." Raena's eyes hardened. Then she softened, clearing . "I'm thirsty."

Jaebum watched her reach for the water jug and winced.

"Yah," his voice was gentle. "I'll do it."

 

---

 

"Wife! Yah! Slow down!" Jaebum ran after the girl.

Raena was released from the hospita

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter