MY #21

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum closed the door to his room, after tucking the sleeping girl in bed.

It was late afternoon, but neither of them had the mood to do anything else. Raena especially, kept quiet throughout the ride home. She fell asleep in the car until they reached his place. He didn't want to wake her, so he carried her into the house.

He then padded down to his living room, where he met his helpers.

"Is Young Miss okay?" Evelyn asked.

"Yeah, she's just tired." JB gave the helper a smile. "You can leave now, have the night off. Tell the others as well."

He sat down on his sofa and leaned backwards, his head resting against the edge of the back support. He closed his eyes, his mind thinking back to what had happened in the store earlier.

 

"Out with a new gold mine?"

 

"Gold mine? Why gold mine?" He asked himself.

 

"I know what your brother had gone through-"

"I promised to teach her a lesson for what she did to you."

 

Jaebum sat up and rubbed his face. He slapped his cheeks lightly, "What exactly happened?"

 

---

 

Raena laid awake on the bed. She had been awake all these while, but she pretended to be asleep to avoid talking to Jaebum about what had happened. She felt bad that he had to carry her up.

She sat up, burying her face into her hands. Meeting Eunbyul and Jaehyung again after 7 years was not pleasant, especially what happened to them when they separated.

 

"Jaehyung, where are you going?" Raena asked, grabbing onto his arm. "What happened?"

He snatched his arm from her, shoving her away. He continued storming forward, leaving the girl cchasing after him.

She sighed in frustration, being a 19 year old girl she was.

"YAH!" She yelled, trying to get her boyfriend's attention. "Park Jaehyung!"

The tall male stopped in his tracks. He took a deep breath and turns around, yelling, "Have you ever loved me?"

That question stunned Raena.

Of course she did.

Jaehyung strided over to her, until they were face to face and really up close to each other.

"Have you ever..." he asked again. "Loved me?"

"Of course I do!" She rose her voice. "How could you ask me that question?"

"Are you sure you loved me," he questioned. "Or did you get together with me just to spite your mom?"

"W-What?" Raena stuttered.

"Why didn't you go for Oh Sehun? Or Kim Joonmyeon? Why me?"

She stared, puzzled, at her boyfriend's question, "What are you talking about?"

Jaehyung scoffed, "Come on, we all know that you only go for those rich ones. I'm not rich, so why me?"

Tears started lining Raena's eyes.

"So come on, tell me. Did you really love me, or did you use me to get some other chaebol's attention?"

"Park Jaehyung," she managed a whisper. "Do you have any idea what is coming out of your mouth right now?

"Of course I do," he spat. "Why? Was looking for rich men always your priority, that you forgot how to listen?"

"P-Park J-Jaehyung."

"You know what? I can't face you right now. We're done."

As he stormed off, Raena's arms dropped to her sides. She stared at his leaving silhouette. She pondered over his words before something clicked and she ran all the way home.

 

Throwing the door open, she stormed into the house and marched right up to the only woman in the kitchen.

"You're back." Her mother uttered mindlessly.

"What did you tell Jaehyung?" Raena wasted no second in confronting the woman that conceived her. "What did you say to him?"

The older woman held the pot of ramen she had cooked for herself. She settld down at the dining table and began to eat.

"What did you say to Jaehyung?!"

"I told him that he wasn't good enough for you." She said bluntly. "That kid has no worth to you, Raena. He has no money, no future. Why didn't you go for Oh Sehun? He's rich, with a good family. He'll be able to provide his family everything they need."

"No money, no future?" Raena scoffed. "Is money the only thing you only think of? Jaehyung, for your information, is the top student of the class and the school! Who are you to say all of that?"

"You're raising your voice at me, over some measly kid?"

"That kid was my boyfriend! And because of your greed for money, we broke up! Are you happy?!"

"You broke up?" Her mother huffed in satisfaction. "I knew that kid was worthless."

She got up, holding onto Raena's shoulders. She dug into her bag and pulled out a photograph. She handed it over to her daughter, "This is Do Kyungsoo. His family works for Seoul's biggest bank."

Raena glanced at the photo and scoffed, tearing it up. She threw the two half pieces of the photo onto the table and shook her head at her mother in disbelief.

"Money again." She bit her lip in disappointment. "You're really a piece of work."

The younger girl then ran up to her room. She started packing her clothes into a bag and grabbed all of her documents, savings and everything she needed before lugging the bag out of her room.

"Where are you going?" Raena's mother asked. "Your meeting with Kyungs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter