MY #15

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on. I'll send you home." Jaebum grabbed his car keys off the key bowl and got her bag. "You have to get some rest."

"I don't want to go home." Raena muttered.

She was reminded again and again of Hyungsik no matter where she went. She didn't want to think or even see that man ever again. JB watched her and knew that she was thinking of Hyungsik again.

"Stop," he said, walking towards Raena. "Stop thinking about him, about anything."

She shied away from his intense gaze, "What? I'm not thinking of anything." She walked towards the door, swiping her bag off his hands and proceeded to wear her shoes.

"Didn't you ask me to go? Why aren't you moving?"

 

The car ride to Raena's place was awfully quiet and awkward. Jaebum concentrated on the road in front of him while she stared into space. He felt uncomfortable at the silence, and decided to break it.

"What made you decide? To marry me?" He blurted.

She kept silent.

"I would prefer a reply when I ask a question." He started again, looking at her.

"Please keep your eyes on the road. I would appreciate not dying before getting married."

was working on auto-pilot, the words tumbled out of her lips. Jaebum sighed and turned back to the road, only to catch a glimpse of her ring-less hand.

"Where's your ring?" He asked.

Raena glanced at her hand before clenching her fists against her thighs. She squeezed her eyes shut tightly, forcing her thoughts to the back of her head.

"Just keep driving."

"I thought you loved the ring, why aren't you wearing it?" He pressed on, ignoring her comment.

She let out a loud sigh and unbuckled her seatbelt, "Stop the car. Let me out."

"Wait, why?"

"I don't want to be in the car with you. Stop the car and let me out."

"No, I'm sending you home." He shook his head. "Fine, I'll stop asking. Don't get mad."

 

---

 

Hyungsik came out of the shower and realised that he has yet to hear his phone and landline ring. He rubbed his towel against his wet hair as he padded towards his phone in the kitchen. He picked it up, noticing that the little LED light was blinking red, a colour he set for Raena.

"Oh?" He smiled. "She replied."

He opened the unread message and felt his heart seize up. His eyes scanned over the 3 words again and again, his pupils tracing each and every of the letters.

Dropping the towel in his hand, he grabbed his mobile with both hands, dialling Raena's number quickly. He pressed the phone to his ear.

All he heard was the dialtone, before the call was directed into her voice mail.

"Raena, please..." He chanted, calling her again and again. "Please pick up."

When she didn't answer his calls, he ran back to his room. Throwing clothes onto his body, he grabbed his stuff and ran towards his car, wanting to get to Raena's house to find out what she meant.

 

Hyungsik was in the car, waiting at the red light when he heard his phone going off. Thinking that it was Raena, he picked it up hastily.

"Rae? Baby, why didn't you pick up my calls, I'm-"

"Sir, it's me. Nayoung."

"What is it?" He huffed in annoyance.

"Have you seen the news?" The secretary asked him. "Someone photographed Park Kyungri outside your door. She was seen entering and leaving your place, wearing different clothings."

Hyungsik grunted and hung up, angrily throwing his mobile into the backseat. He zoomed forward when the green light came on, his mind whirling.

"Did Raena see the news?" He asked himself. "Was that why she didn't pick up any of my calls?"

 

---

 

Jaebum pulled over and Raena went up to her apartment. He parked his car outside the apartment building. He paused and called out to the girl.

"I'll go get something at the convenience store. You have to eat something."

She stopped in her tracks when he spoke and started walking when he ended. He shook his head and turned around, walking out of the compound.

 

Hyungsik ditched his car at his usual parking spot a little down the street and ran up, towards the entrance of Raena's apartment building. He was going up the slope when he bumped into a man coming down.

 

Jaebum rolled his shoulder that Hyungsik had knocked into and casted him a dirty look. The latter shot him a glare and brushed his shoulder against Jaebum's, hard, before running towards Raena's place.

 

JB glanced over his shoulder at Hyungsik, striding towards the crossroads, when he realised that the male was heading towards Raena's place. He spun on his heels and dashed back up the slope.

 

---

 

"Rae? Baby! Open up!" Hyungsik pounded against Raena's door. "Please! I can explain the news!"

There was no movement, making him stop knoc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter