MY #39

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Then explain."

 

Jaebum flinched at the tone of Raena's voice. She looked away, trying to hide her pain. She knew she had to hear his explanation but the scenarios appearing in her mind were not helping. He held her hands and tried to make her look at him again.

"Isn't she the lady that came to our house a while back?" She let out a soft whisper.

Hanbin took this chance to excuse himself to the kitchen, giving the couple their space.

"Yes," he answered truthfully.

"You told me she was just a friend." She added.

"I did." He hung his head, his voice coating with guilt.

She then pulled her hands away from him, standing up, "And now, a photograph of you and her... Kissing... Made it to the news paper."

Jaebum kept quiet, standing up, watching his wife trying to grasp the entire situation.

 

Raena whipped around and went straight to him, "She was the ex-girlfriend that didn't like your family background, wasn't she?"

"I can explain. Just... Please listen to me." He let out a weak argument.

"Stop telling me you can explain this!" She yelled, poking her finger on his chest. "You said she was just a friend. Just a friend. People who are just friends, do not kiss each other like how she kissed you. Why did you lie to me?"

"I didn't tell you the truth, because I was afraid of how you would react," Jaebum blurted. "I didn't want you to misunderstand anything."

"Why did you assume I would think that way?" She questioned. "We were both hurt in love. I would have understood your actions. Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I-"

"You went to meet her?" Raena breathed in disbelief. "And without telling me?"

"Seungah wanted to talk. She wanted to clear everything up between us. I needed a closure so I went out." He explained. "We were done when she suddenly hugged and kissed me! I swear, I didn't do it. She forced herself on me."

"Why would she do that?"

"She said she wanted one last hug... But I didn't know she would kiss me."

Jaebum took a step forward, making Raena back-track once. She closed her eyes briefly and remembered their little date the night before. She then realised that he had wanted to tell her about this matter last night.

"You wanted to tell me about your meeting with her... But you didn't. Why didn't you?"

"I was afraid that it would ruin your mood... I didn't want to make you unhappy." Jaebum revealed. "Baby, please. You have to trust me."

 

Raena stilled at the pet name, but she brushed it aside. The fact that he lied and withheld infomation from her, hurt her. Her mind was clouded with the image of the kiss, the look that Seungah gave Jaebum when she was at their home, and her failed relationship with Hyungsik.

"Do you remember my only request in the contract?" She muttered.

Jaebum straightened his back, taking a big stride towards her. He stood before her, and held her hands. She stayed motionless as she looked at her feet.

"I didn't cheat on you." He quickly said. "I will never cheat on you."

"Didn't? Never?" She scoffed in disappointment.

"Baby, please." JB begged, tilting her chin up, making her face him. "I love you."

A moment of silence passed through them.

"W-What?"

Jaebum took a deep breath, and looked at her with softened eyes.

"I love you, Kang Raena. I did not and will never cheat on you, because I'm in love with you." He confessed. "I don't know when it started, or how it did, but I fell for you."

He then wrapped his arms around the girl. She was pulled into his chest, his attempt to convince the girl further. Her head was safely tucked under his chin.

"I wanted to tell you but I couldn't bring myself to admit that I love you. I thought it was some kind of familiarity I had towards you, because you were married to me."

"But you kissed-"

"Her kiss meant nothing. You mean everything to me." He sighed. "You have no idea how I wished that kiss came from your lips instead of hers."

Raena started tearing.

"Stop sugar coating your words." She snifled. "You let her hug you. That was what gave her the chance to lay her lips on yours."

"Letting her touch me was a mistake, I admit."

He leaned back, the girl lifting her head to look at him.

"How I regretted that. She was a woman who I used to love. She told me that told me she hated my background was because she did not want her scandals to hinder my reputation."

"She's thoughtful, isn't she?"

"If that reason didn't exist, I would have married her." JB said.

Raena frowned and pushed herself away from him. "Go to her then! Why are you bothering yourself with a woman like me?"

Jaebum let out a soft chuckle, pulling her to him again.

"Because she isn't you."

 

Raena softened.

"She isn't that kickass woman who didn't care about who I was, or what my status was. She did what was right and held strong on her beliefs."

JB leaned in closer.

"I didn't choose Seungah... Because she wasn't the woman I fell for."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter