MY #28

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raena sat up on the bed after she woke up. Running her fingers through her hair, she got up and did a quick washup before padding down the stairs to the kitchen. She poured herself a glass of water, opening the fridge to check on the ingredients for breakfast.

"Hmm, what should I make today?" She mumbled to herself.

 

Ding dong

 

She straightened her back as Evelyn rushed to open the door. She followed after the helper and saw Elder Park standing at the door with paper bags on both her arms. Evelyn helped the older woman carry the bags into the kitchen as Raena held onto her to the dining table.

"Halmeoni, what are you doing here?" Raena asked, sitting the elderly down.

She then reached for the glass of water Evelyn had poured for Elder Park. She handed it to the old woman and took her seat beside her.

"Can't I come see my grandson and his wife?" Elder Park grinned, setting the glass down on the table. "How are the both of you?"

"We're good," she scratched her nape.

It seemed like Elder Park didn't know that Raena was stabbed and hospitalised twice. The older woman didn't have to know about it.

"Good?" The helper blurted. "Young Miss wa-"

"Evelyn!" Raena whispered sharply.

Elder Park switched her gaze between the two younger ladies, and turned to her granddaughter-in -law. She gave her a questioning look, making the girl stand up.

"Excuse me for a while, halmeoni. I'll go wake Jaebum up."

She her heels. Standing at the foot of the stairs, her hand flitted over her slightly aching wound and heard Jaebum's voice.

"You don't have to. I'm up. What's for breakfast, wife?"

"Your grandmother's here," Raena whispered when Jaebum s his arm around her waist.

He looked up and greeted Elder Park. The elderly woman stood up and walked over to the couple. Tugging on their hands, she pulled them to the dining table. She waved to the staff in the kitchen.

"Bring out the dishes I brought over."

The staff laid the food onto the table, in front of the couple. They shared a look before facing their grandmother.

"Halmae?" He called questioningly.

"I wanted to spoil you guys. So, eat up." She nodded her head. "How's Bora Bora by the way?"

Raena had lifted a spoonful of soup to her lips and choked when she heard Elder Park's question. Jaebum patted her bag and handed her some tissues.

"It was good, halmeoni. Thank you for the tickets." She fibbed after wiping .

Raena and Jaebum shared another look and Elder Park shook her head, "You don't have to lie to me. I know you two didn't go."

"I'm sorry, halmae. I got too busy and forgot about the trip." JB apologised quickly. "But we'll go again soon."

Elder Park smiled, nodding her head. She got up and Raena shot forward to hold onto her.

"I must be going, Jaemin's going to be released from her classes soon."

"Wife, stay here." Jaebum got up and held his grandmother. "I'll walk halmae to the door."

"Take care, halmeoni." Raena bowed as the both of them left towards the door.

 

At the main door, Elder Park stopped and turned to her grandson, "Take good care of your wife."

"I will, halmae."

"And bring her to a honeymoon soon."

"Yes, halmae."

Elder Park patted Jaebum's cheeks and motioned for the driver of the vehicle to come to her.

"And give me grandchildren," she winked. "You are sharing a room, right?"

JB cleared his throat as the driver and Elder Park left his doorstep.

 

---

 

Raena went back to her room to shower and Jaebum followed after her to prepare himself for work. He went to his closet to pick for his outfit when he heard Raena call his name from their toilet.

"Im Jaebum!"

He placed his chosen set on the bed and went to the toilet, "What's wrong?"

She turned around, her right hand on her hip and her other hand was holding onto Jaebum's boxers.

"I know you're the CEO of a hotel chain," she started stepping towards the male. "But please, keep your boxers off the basin."

He turned his back and went back to the bed. He took off his tanktop and reached for his dress shirt, "Wife, it's your job."

Raena threw the boxers into the laundry basket under the sink, "I do not want to touch more of your underwear, husband."

She walked out and heard her mobile ringing. She took her phone and answered the call, "Hello?"

"Raena, will you be able to come two hours earlier? I have an errand to run." Hyeyoon's voice sounded from the other end.

"So do I come in, in half an hour.?" She asked, raising her shoulder and pressed the phone against her ear with her shoulder.

Jaebum looked up, buttoning his dress shirt.

"Okay, got it. See you."

He pulled his trackpants off and pulled his suit pants on, "Going to work?"

She gasped when she caught a glimpse of Jaebum's underwear. She narrowed her eyes but nodded her head as a reply to him.

"Do you want me to send you there?"

Raena brushed against his side lightly to get to is wardrobe to get her clothes, "If you would be so kind, husband."

"Are you even okay enough to work?" He draped his tie around his neck.

She patted her lower abdomen and went up to him, her hands holding onto the ends of his tie. She began to help him do his tie up.

"Yeah, I guess. I'm most probably going to just sit at the counter."

He watched her hands working deftly on him, a soft and proud smile on his lips. He rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter