MY #31

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum sat in his chair, he couldn't stop thinking about Raena's tears the night before. He was constantly wondering what made the strong girl cry. He grabbed his mug and shook his head, getting out of his office.

"Hyung-nim, I'll go get your coffee. You don't have to come out." Jimin grinned.

"Nah, it's okay." He patted his secretary's shoulder. "I need a break from the computer and papers anyway."

He tapped the mug against his chin as he got closer to the doorway of the pantry. He was a step away from the entrance when he heard voices. He wasn't one to eavesdrop on the conversation of others but he heard the keyword of the topic.

 

"Do you think samonim heard what we said yesterday? She suddenly appeared, I think she heard what we've said."

"Who cares? Even if she heard, she won't be able to say anything anyway because we only said the truth."

"Hmm, true. Do you know she used to date Park Hyungsik?"

"THE Park Hyungsik? Woah..."

"I heard they were even going to get married too. But something happened between them and she got married to sajangnim instead."

"Do you think she married for the money? Park Hyungsik wasn't rich enough for her, so she turned to Im Jaebum. Woah, she is such a money freak."

"And I heard that she was cornered yesterday by those high school girls she argued with. Man, they threw water balloons and eggs at her. How I wish I could see that!"

 

JB dropped his arm and balled his right hand into a tight fist. He took in a deep breath and stepped into the pantry.

"Do not get into things that you don't know the truth to." He growled, straightening his back and talking in absolute authority. "The woman you both are gossiping about is my wife."

The two ladies bowed awkwardly, their hearts hammering against their chests.

"Sa-sajang-nim."

Jaebum placed his mug on the table beside him and faced his employees with his arms folded across his chest. He stared directly at his workers without saying a word, making them shift uncomfortably.

"I'll have you guys know," he spoke. His workers snapped their heads up to look at him. "That I hired you to work. Not to gossip. My wife, or not, none of this is of your business. Just do what you are hired to do and it's enough."

"Yes sir."

"And if I catch you talking about my wife and not doing your work again, trust me. I will have you fired. I won't have my employees neglecting their duties."

"Yes sir."

Jaebum closed his eyes and let out a breath, "Good. Now leave."

The girls were scurrying away when he remembered something, "Wait. Hold on."

"What is it, Mr Im?"

"What do you mean by she was cornered by high school girls?" He rose his eyebrow. "What happened?"

"I heard from the people at the front desk. They saw some high school girls aiming at Mrs Im. Haven't you seen the tabloids? Those same girls were disturbing her in the cafe two days ago."

After hearing what they had said, he spun on his heels and ran out of the pantry. He went back to his office, grabbed his phone and keys before leaving the hotel building.

 

---

 

Jaebum burst through the doors and startled Raena, who was walking from the kitchen to the living room.

"Oh? You're back early." She stated. "Did something happen?"

Without another word, he stormed right up to her and cupped her cheeks, pressing his lips against her. Her eyes widened but she relaxed. He broke away after a while and pulled her to his chest.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there when it happened." He chanted. "I'm sorry. I promise to never let you go through something like that again."

Raena was confused, her hand reached to his back, patting him.

"What did I go through?" She asked.

"I know about the high school girls. I know about what my employees say about you." He whispered, burying his face at her neck. "Why didn't you tell me that happened to you?"

She sighed, making him look at her, "It's not like they won't do it after I told you right? They would probably still do it but be more careful."

"And those girls? Was that why your colleague sent you back, and why you were wearing his clothes?" He asked.

Raena nodded, giving in.

Jaebum held her face again, looking into her eyes. "I'm not going let things like this happen to you anymore. Pack your bags."

She pushed him away, stepping one step backwards. Her eyes darted around his face, unable to understand what he meant by that.

"Pack my bags? Are you making me leave you already?" Her voice was shaking with uncertainty. "I thought... we had 10 months left?"

JB realised what she was thinking of and reached for her hands, holding them while chuckling softly, "I'm not getting rid of you. You are my wife, I won't do that. I'm bringing you on a trip, to destress."

"A trip?"

"Yeap." He nodded. "Let's go on a honeymoon. To Maldives."

"Now?" She squealed. "Are we going now?"

"Yes love, now." He smiled at how enthusiastic she was. "So go pack your clothes."

She threw her arms around his neck and jumped around, "Thank you thank you! I've always wanted to go there!"

She ran up the stairs back to her room. Jaebum watched her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter