MY #14

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here?" Raena asked, her voice coming out as a whisper.

“Shh, he’s sleeping.” Kyungri whispered and pointed towards Hyungsik's bedroom.

Raena looked at the direction of the bedroom as the wheels turned in her head. She faced Kyungri again, noticing that she was dressed in one of Hyungsik's dress shirts.

She fumbled with her words, “You… Why are you here?”

Kyungri sighed. Her eyes scanning the girl before her, from head to toe while shaking her head. She smirked at the heartbroken girl with a scrutinising look in her eyes, “Is there really a need for you to ask such a dumb question?”

Raena blinked and looked away. The girl on the stairs chuckled, “He’s sleeping in his bedroom. I’m dressed like this.” She pointed out plainly for Raena to see, “What do you think?”

She padded down the stairs towards Raena and brushed past her before plopping down on the sofa, crossing her legs ily. “Now, do you realise why men love smart women, but will date stupid ones?"

 

Raena felt Kyungri's words hit her in the face. She dropped her arms and the ring slid off her finger, falling onto the floor with a soft tinkle. Kyungri smiled at the girl and glanced at the ring on the floor, “It’s that loose?”

She picked it up and admired the band's beautiful cutting. She then proceeded to put the ring on her finger, as Raena watched on.

She held out of her hand, flaunting the perfectly fitted diamond ring at Raena’s face, “Oh? It fits me well?”

Tears started to well in Raena’s eyes. The dots in her mind slowly connected, and she recalled the memories of events that happened between Hyungsik and her.

 

“Will you be my wife?”

“But why is this ring so loose? Like it wasn’t meant to be mine.”

 

“Are you clear now? On who the ring belongs to?” Kyungri asked smugly. “I’m the person Hyungsik loves most. He wants to be with me, but he’s afraid that he would affect my career.”

She took a step towards Raena.

“So I really have to thank you for being so in love with him in front of the media, giving them a good show.”

Kyungri toyed with the ring, “Anyone who knows how to use Google would know that 5th July is my birthday.”

 

An important date like 5th July, deserves to be celebrated. Let this night, be the night we will remember for the rest of our lives.

 

“Why would I even bother to turn up at his event?” She asked, staring straight at Raena, who was tearing up.

 

“I feel really blessed at this moment right here.”

 

Raena felt her heart seizing up. She couldn’t bring herself to blink her eyes because if she did, her tears would fall. She didn’t want to seem weak in front of the woman that Hyungsik has cheated on her with.

Hyungsik.

The man that told her, he loved her, every single day.

The man that she loved with all her heart.

They spent 3 years together, as friends and as lovers.

But he cheated on her with the woman she has never met in person, but on television, and for god-knows how long.

 

Kyungri noticed the exact reaction she wanted to see from Raena being portrayed. She smiled smugly and walked towards the girl, standing just a feet before her.

“Relax.” She said, her fingers brushing against Raena's cheek. “You can go ahead and date Hyungsik, marry him if you will, because honestly, I don’t care.” She curled Raena’s hair behind her ears. “Do you know why?”

Raena slapped Kyungri's hand away from her face and sniffed, uncurling the hair that she had tucked behind her ear. She bit her bottom lip and looked away as Kyungri walked to the sofa and sat down.

“Because I’m the person he will ever love and you’re just a replacement.”

 

Raena was stumped into silence. A million things were going through her mind, but all she could focus on was, "How dare Hyungsik do this to her?"

She had a lot of this she could scream, yell, curse at the girl in front of her, but she couldn't say a single word.

Kyungri uncrossed her legs and got up, walking over to Raena.

“We can treat this meeting as an accident. Or a dream. You’ve never seen me here and we never had this talk.” Kyungri said bluntly. “If you still wish to play the role of a blissful girlfriend to Hyungsik, then it’s best for you to keep mum. Because if he ever finds out about today, and confronts you about it, you can kiss your happiness goodbye, leaving you with no advantage at all.”

Raena pressed her lips together into a firm line as she rolled her eyes, getting rid of the tears of humiliation and heartbreak. She let out a shaky breath, determined to shove her weakness to the side.

“You don’t have to worry,” Kyungri continued. “I won’t let him know that you already knew the truth, so you can continue to be his happy little naive fianceé.”

 

The girl took a deep breath and looked squarely at Kyungri, her eyes hardening. “Are you done?”

Without waiting for a reply, she her heels to leave. Just as she reached the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter