MY #17

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum managed to get to his car quietly. The security guards managed to get the reporters away from the entrance. Sighing, he sat in the car in silence. He held the steering wheel tightly and pressed his forehead against the back of his hands.

He sat back up and was going to start his car when he saw a mobile phone sitting on the seat next to him.

Picking it up, he took a good look at it. Unlocking the phone, he came to the passcode screen. He closed his eyes in frustration, "Is it that hard to forgot that bastard?"

He let out a breath, opening his car door and running back towards the apartment building.

 

JB had just stepped out of the elevator when he heard arguing coming from the direction of Raena's home. His first thought was that there was a reporter that managed to sneak into the building and was harassing the girl.

"," he cursed.

He turned the corner and saw Raena in a tug-of-war with a man. He tucked her phone into his back pocket.

"I don't have to report every single thing to you. You're hurting me. Let go."

JB watched as Hyungsik pulled Raena towards himself and he felt a sense of protectiveness wash over him. He ran up to them, grabbing Hyungsik's collar.

"Yah!" He shouted before shoving the man away from Raena, pushing him to the ground. He stood before her and warned, "Stay away from my fianceé before I call security."

 

---

 

Hyungsik got to his feet, and touching his bleeding bottom lip. "You've got guts," he scoffed at Jaebum.

"Of course, I have to protect my wife." He mocked right back. He then turned to Raena, cupping her face. "You alright?"

She was stunned, but nodded her head nonetheless. He then s his hand to the back of her neck and pulled her head towards him. He pressed his lips against her forehead and motioned for her to return home.

She turned to leave, but he reached into his back pocket and handed her, her mobile. "You left it in my car."

Raena took the cellphone, glancing at Hyungsik once more before running towards her door. 

 

Once the girl entered the house, Jaebum turned to Hyungsik. He flapped his coat a little and placed his arms on his hips, staring down at the other man.

"So you're that bastard that took my girlfriend away from me?" Hyungsik asked.

"And you're the one with so much room in your heart? Mister Park Hyungsik-ssi." JB said his name syllable by syllable. "I will have to request you to leave," he then pointed towards the lift. "You are disrupting my love's rest time."

"She's my woman." Hyungsik declared, "so you should be the one leaving."

"Not anymore." JB looked down at his feet, a smug smile on his face.

"Excuse me?"

"She's not your woman anymore." Jaebum looked back up, folding his arms. "So leave."

He didn't budge, making JB unfold his arms.

"Or do you want me to make you?" He cocked his head to the side, staring at Hyungsik.

He pointed at Jaebum, with a glare and left the corridor. JB looked at the door to Raena's once more before leaving after Hyungsik.

 

---

 

The next day came quicker than Raena had expected. She couldn't sleep the entire night and sat in the living room with a small bottle of red wine. She looked at the empty glass and scoffed at herself before holding the bottle herself.

"Bottoms up." She muttered. "Future Mrs Im Jaebum."

"Goodbye Mrs Park Hyungsik."

She laid on the sofa after finishing her wine and stayed there as the hands of the clock turned.

 

The sun rose and someone started kncoki, startling her. Raena leaped up from the sofa and took deep, quick breaths from the shock. Rubbing her face, she went to the door and pulled it open after looking through the eyehole.

"Why are you here so early?" She mumbled, slouching her body as she went back to her room.

"Didn't you see the news?" JB asked. "The press con is starting in 2 hours. We have to be there after we have breakfast together. I booked a room in the hotel the conference is going to be held, so let's go."

"But I'm not ready." She yawned, entering the washroom.

She didn't close the door and he leaned against the door frame, watching her wash her face and brush her teeth.

"I'll pick out your outfit." He back stepped into her room.

"I didn't give you permission to do it."

"I'm your husband now, so I have to take care of your image." He winked at her. "Just go get ready, wife."

 

Half an hour later, the pair were on their way towards the hotel. She lowered the back rest of the passenger seat and closed her eyes. He looked at her and focused on his driving.

"Didn't sleep well last night?" He asked.

"Hmm."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter