MY #24

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum threw the door to his house open, startling Evelyn, the only one left in his place. He went up to her and she looked shocked, but bowed nonetheless.

"Where's Raena? Is she home?"

Evelyn shook her head, reaching for Jaebum's bag. "No, Young Miss isn't home. Shouldn't you both be flying to Bora Bora by now?"

"Something happened. Do you know where she is?"

The girl shook her head, "She came back at 5.15pm, only to leave after a while."

He nodded and raced up the stairs to his room. He opened the door and saw their luggages next to his desk. Walking towards the table, he noticed that Raena had placed their plane tickets on it, together with a post-it note.

I was looking forward to the trip, but I understand that you're busy. I'll be out for a walk.

He ripped the paper off the tickets and crumpled it in his hand. Reaching for his phone, he dialled for Raena's number. It rang for a minute before the call went into her voice mail.

"Why aren't you answering my call?" He mumbled and tried again.

 

---

 

"Appa, do you think I should be mad at him?" Raena asked her father's tombstone. "He stood me up at the airport, and he didn't answer my messages and calls."

She had been there since 6pm, after getting flowers and her dad's favourite foods. A breeze started brewing and she hugged herself. 

"I know that it's my fault that I didn't bring my husband like I promised, don't get mad." She wiped the side of the grave, an action that she had repeated for the whole time she was there. "I'll bring him soon. But, the thing is... There is a slight change... I'm not married to Hyungsik."

Her phone rang and she dug into her bag.

When she saw that it was Jaebum calling her, she glanced at her father's picture. "I should forgive him, shouldn't I?"

She was going to swipe to answer the call when her phone shut down. Her eyes widened and tried turning the phone on again, only to realise that he had ran out of battery.

"Shoot," she got up. "Appa, looks like I have to go now or he'll be looking for me. I can always go Bora Bora again right?"

Raena started smiling, nodding her head.

"I know, I shouldn't be too upset." She packed her stuff. "I'll be going then, see you next time. I love you."

 

---

 

Raena curled her hair behind her ear and pushed the door open. She stepped into the house and changed into her house slippers.

"I'm home," she said out of instinct.

"Where have you been?"

She looked up and saw Jaebum standing in front of her with his arms folded. He had a frown on his face, his sleeves were rolled up and the top two buttons of his shirt were ed. She smiled, wanting to reply him.

"I-"

"Do you know how worried I am? Why aren't you picking up my calls?" He asked.

Raena's smile fell and her shoulders sagged, "What?"

"I was worried that something happened to you." He continued. "Where have you been?"

Her brows knitted, she looked up at him. "Are you being mad at me right now?"

"I'm not mad at you," Jaebum shook his head.

"Why do you sound so upset? If anything, shouldn't I be the one mad at you?" She brushed past him. "You left me at the airport waiting for you like a fool, and you didn't answer any of my calls and messages. Did you know how worried I was too? I thought you were going to ditch me aside."

Raena padded towards the sofa and felt Jaebum grab onto her wrist, spinning her around to face him.

"I was going to apologise and explain to you about that." He pointed out. "But when I get back, you were gone and I couldn't reach you at all!"

"I was-" She paused, thinking if she wanted to tell him about her visiting her dad. Then she changed her mind, "Nevermind."

Raena pushed Jaebum's hand away and went back to their room. Shutting the door loudly, she threw herself onto the bed and groaned. "Why are we always fighting?" She asked herself.

 

---

 

Raena stayed in the room until she felt a little hungry. Creaking the door open a little, she peeked out of the room and walked out when she saw that the coast was clear. She went down to the kitchen, wanting to make herself something to eat.

"Is that what all the partners want?"

She paused.

Looking over her shoulder, she saw Jaebum sitting in the living room, with his files and papers strewned all around him and his laptop opened in front of him. She crept into the kitchen quietly, not wanting to get any attention from him. She didn't want to interact with him.

Not when what had just happened between them.

She opened the fridge door and took 2 eggs out. She then went to the stove and pulled out a packet of ramen before cooking.

 

Jaebum ran his fingers through his hair, closing his eyes in frustration.

The partners were driving him nuts. Just when he had settled the current problem that they imposed on him, they give another problem, changing the entire concept of the solution he had thought up.

"Jimin-ah, I'll be coming in early tomorrow to settle this problem. You can come in at your usual timing."

He ended the call, throwing the phone onto the sofa. He was about to go on with his work when he heard a yelp coming from the kitchen, followed by a loud clank. He leaped to his feet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter