MY #7

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sejeong led Raena towards the secretary table, where Jimin was. She knocked on his table twice and the male looked up from his paperwork. He smiled when he looked up, "Hey pretty lady."

She rolled her eyes while Raena smiled.

"What brings you here?" Jimin asked.

Sejeong motioned him to Raena, who was standing behind her, "I was told to bring this lady up to see Mr Im. Is he in?"

Jimin glanced at the girl behind and his eyes widened in recognition. He got up and walked towards her, rubbing his chin. Raena watched him with amusement and curiosity.

"Hi, I'm Raena." She introduced herself.

He tilted his head in confusion, "Don't you remember me?"

"Remember you?"

"Yeah, several days back? I was driving? Almost knocked you down?" He prompted, trying to get the lady to remember him.

"Right!" Raena gasped and nodded, "It's nice to see you again, without being in an accident."

Jimin chuckled and looked at Sejeong. "I'll take over from here, thanks pretty lady."

She bowed at the both of them, and left after Raena gave her a quick thanks.

 

Jimin sat Raena down opposite his desk, "What brings you here?"

"I'm here to see your boss," she pointed at the big doors behind her. "I need to speak with him."

He his lips in doubt but reached over to his landline. She stopped him, making her look at him. She got up, standing in front of the door, "He knows I'm coming. He's probably expecting me."

Raena then pushed the doors open boldly.

 

---

 

JB was neck deep in work, reviewing all the reports he had received from the different departments. He was terribly stressed out so his mood was sensitive.

All those who worked for him knew better than to irritate him when he was in this mode

But who knew Raena would be the first person to barge into his office so daringly.

 

"Park Jimin, I told you no one is to enter my office-"

"Including me?"

His head snapped up at the voice and his tensed features immediately relaxed into a smug look, making the girl scoff.

"I told you that you would be coming to look for me soon enough." He said. "How may I help you?"

Raena slammed the doors shut behind her before storming right up to his desk. She stuck her arm out, palm open as she glared at him. He glanced at her hand before looking back at her.

"What?"

"My phone. Give it to me." She wriggled her fingers. "Now."

JB stood up and walked over to the coffee table at the bigger end of his office. He sat down and patted the cushion opposite him.

"Come on, don't be such a spoilsport." He chuckled lightly. "Join me. Coffee or tea?"

Raena folded her arms and stayed where she was, "I am not here for a chat. Just give me my phone and I'll leave, simple."

"Aww, the party's gonna end so quickly?" He fake pouted. "Come on over here, grumpy cheeks. Join me."

Reluctantly, she walked over and sat far away from him. She knew he wasn't going to return her phone to her is she didn't listen to what he had to say. She folded her arms and crossed her legs, looking nonchalantly at him.

"Coffee or tea?" He asked, reaching for the button to call Jimin in.

"Plain water will do," she said coldly. "Can we get on with it now, thank you very much?"

JB got up and poured her a cup of water, and settled back down onto the spot he previously occupied. He took her phone out of his pocket and played with it between his hands.

Raena shot up and reached over, wanting to snatch it away from him but he gripped it quickly, hiding it from her.

"Hey now, let's not rush." He wagged his point finger at her. "Listen to what I have to say first."

A brief silence passed between them and he piped up. Raena reached for her glass of water, wanting to take a sip before hearing whatever JB was going to spin.

"Be my girlfriend, and I'll return your phone." He stated calmly.

Raena almost spat water out at his statement, "Excuse me?" She coughed, eyes squinting at him in disbelief. "I have a boyfriend."

"Don't rush, hear what I have to say first." He handed her some tissues. "I have a preposition to make."

"What preposition?"

"Well, all you have to do is pretend to be my girlfriend, that's it."

"And you're using my phone as a chip to this deal?" Raena mocked. "You know I can always get another one."

"Hey, you help me with that, you don't lose anything." He pointed out. "And I can pay you. How much do you earn hourly at the cafe? I'll double that amount."

Raena rolled her eyes and with a flick of her wrist, she grabbed the cup of water on the table and threw it at JB, drenching the front of his dress shirt. He jumped up, and she followed suit. Slamming the glass onto the table, she grabbed his hand and snatched her phone from him.

"Don't ever think I'm an easy pushover." She pointed her phone at him. "Thanks for the chat, I enjoyed it."

Jaebum stared at her in sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter