MY #20

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I updated a chapter early this morning, so do check it out if you have yet to.

"These tickets are for next week, after the w-wedding." Raena said, shivering at the last word. "We have 4 days to pack for the trip."

Jaebum came out of the kitchen of his place with two glasses of water. She was sitting at the dining table, her legs were lifted onto another chair. He set the glasses on the table, sitting across her.

The helpers have all gone home, leaving the couple the only two people in the house.

"4 days? That's more than enough time." He sipped from his own. "Are you ready?"

"Ready for?" She placed the tickets back into the envelope.

"The grand wedding." He said.

"I'm not." She confessed. "I don't really think I'm ready to be Mrs Im Jaebum."

"Don't worry, I'll be beside you. Feel free to rely on me whenever you need help."

"You?" Raena playfully huffed.

"Yes me," JB thumped his chest. "Model husband."

She rolled her eyes and stood up, finishing her glass of water. JB followed after her and they went towards the lift. She paused, "Wait, you have a lift in your house?"

He looked away, smiling smugly, waiting for the lift to arrive. She rolled her eyes again, "A lift for a two storey house, you're such a waste."

The lift came and they stepped in, "It's not a waste if you use it."

"You can always take the stairs."

"Then why aren't you using the stairs?"

Raena opened to say something when she realised that he had a point.

"1:0, Husband."

Huffing, she folded her arms and stepped away from JB, standing at the other side of the lift. He couldn't help but smile at how she was acting around him.

"It's kinda nice." Jaebum said as they stepped out of the lift.

"What's kinda nice?"

"This." He pointed his finger at her then at himself. "I like how we're warming up to each other."

She sped up, walking towards his room, "It might seem this way now, but it's too early to say anything."

"Why?"

She wanted to close the door but he stopped her. Holding the door, he stared into her eyes, making her look away.

"We barely know each other, you might not even like my personality, I might not even like your character. It's just too early to say things like that." She shrugged. "Well, goodnight."

"Sometimes, you just kill the mood," he mused and gave her a nod. "Night."

 

---

 

"We're going to what?"

Raena was pulled out of her sleep, and forced to get ready by 10am. Jaebum was by the door 5 minutes before the appointed time. She dragged her body towards the door and slipped into her flats.

"We're going to go to the wedding planner. Our wedding is in 3 days. We need to get things done."

"But 3 days is a very short time to prepare for something like this. It's a wedding. A wedding for the great Im Jaebum." She yawned.

"Which is why we need to hurry!" He grabbed her hand and they left the house.

 

Raena fell asleep in the car as Jaebum drove on. He went towards the reknown wedding planner and pulled up outside the store. Parking his car, he tapped his wife, waking her up, "We're here."

She stirred awake, and he got out of the car. He small-jogged over to her side and opened the door for her, just as she opened the door herself.

She chuckled and patted his hands away. He sighed dramatically, "Right, push your husband's hands away when he's helping you open the door. You sure are a nice wife."

"Shut up," she shook her head. "We have lots of things to do."

JB then reached for her hand and she closed the car door. They glanced around and saw a few people staring at them. He nudged her, and she put on her smile as they walked into the wedding planner's building.

They were ushered to a private table, just as Jaebum had requested and they sat in silence. A moment later, someone stepped into the room. The couple got up and bowed to the planner. The other party returned the greeting.

"Oh?" The planner gasped. "Raena-ssi."

Raena paused and glanced up, seeing Amy looking at her with surprise.

"O-Oh, Amy-ssi."

Jaebum switched his gaze between the two ladies and nudged his wife, whispering, "Do you know her?"

She leaned closer to him, "She used to be my planner, for O-" she paused. "For Hyungsik and I."

 

"Hi, I'm Amy," the planner continued professionally despite the initial shock. "I'll be your wedding planner."

Raena shied away from looking at Amy, and Jaebum answered the planner instead. After a while, Raena couldn't take the awkwardness and got up to use the bathroom.

JB watched her leave and smiled at Amy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter