MY #5

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"B.I, I'm leaving early today. I have something important to attend to." Raena announced as she washed her hands.

"Right, and leave all the cleaning to the young one. You sure are nice."

"Come on, I'll be here early tomorrow morning to do the rest of the chores." She chuckled. "Just do what you usually do."

"Thanks noona," B.I sighed and grabbed the mop.

 

Raena reached for her bag and phone before removing her apron. She unlocked her phone and saw the date. She closed her eyes and sighed, whipping her apron towards her locker.

Her phone rang when she stepped out of the cafe. She hailed for a cab, while answering the call.

"Hello, this is Raena."

"Hey baby, how about dinner tonight?"

Raena smiled at the sound of her boyfriend's voice. She got into the taxi and directed the driver to the destination she needed to go.

"I'm heading to my father right now, so come pick me up there?"

"Sure baby doll. See ya."

 

---

 

JB flipped through his files, working beyond working hours. There was an issue with the reports for the finances for the hotel's new theme for VIP rooms.

"I needed to have a meeting with the people in charge tomorrow." He muttered under his breath.

His landline started ringing and he absentmindedly reached for the phone.

"Im Jaebum, why are you still in the office?"

"Eo? Halmae, I have something important that I have to settle." Jaebum muttered. "What is it?"

"Your father and I have set up a date for you, it's the heiress of Jeguk Group," Elder Park said. "It's tomorrow at 8pm, in our hotel's restaurant."

"Uh hm?" JB hummed carelessly.

"Are you listening to me?" She asked.

"Yeah, yeah! Tomorrow, hotel restaurant with heiress, right?"

"Good, now finish what you are doing and go home early."

"Neh, neh. Thank you halmae." JB said and hung up politely.

After the call, he buried his thoughts back into his work. He needed to get everything sorted out before the emergency meeting he was going to hold the next day.

 

---

 

"We have reached, young miss." The driver said. "The fare is 18.20 dollars."

Raena reached for her wallet and pulled out a $20 note, she smiled and handed the money to the driver, "Keep the change, thank you for the ride."

She stepped away from the vehicle and stepped into the cemetery. She went to her father's tombstone and knelt down. She placed the sunflower she had bought for him at the side of the stone.

"Hey dad."

 

---

 

16 year old Raena was on the way home from school one day. She grabbed onto the straps of her bag while whistling a song. She had scored a perfect 10 on her test and was the top of her class.

As she neared her home, she heard shouting and screaming from inside the house. She ran up to the main door. She was about to open the door when it was swung open from the inside.

"Dad... What's wrong?" She gaped.

He ignored her and stomped out of the house. He went towards his car and started it before racing off, away from the house.

"DON'T EVER COME BACK!" Her mother screamed from inside the house.

Raena's heart dropped when she realised that her parents were having yet another fight. She tried running after her father but he was long gone. She returned back to the house and saw her mother smashing another vase.

"Mom! What happened?"

"Your bastard of a father decided to use our house as a mortgage to pay off his debts! We have nowhere to stay now!"

Raena didn't know what to do, all she could do was clean up the mess on the ground as her mother left the house. She was left alone in the apartment that was soon to be sold to the bank.

Her phone pinged and she answered the call, "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Raena?"

"Yeah, that is me..." She whispered, a deadly feeling spreading in her.

"Your father had been involved in a car accident, he is currently in critical condition. I need you to come down to the hospital."

Raena stumbled backwards, stepping on the shattered glass on the floor. Not caring about her bleeding sole, she dashed out of the house, running all the way to the hospital. She burst through the doors and headed straight up to the operation rooms level. 

"My father has been brought in... Car accident?" She panted.

"Name?"

"Kang Seojun," she panted.

"He is currently under operation. OR 4."

Raena rushed towards the 4th operation room, only to see the doors open. She stared as the nurses pushed a bed out, with the white cloth covering the body.

"Are you Kang Seojun's immediate family?"

Her eyes were fixated at the unmoving body as she nodded, numbed at everything that was around her.

"I'm sorry, we did our best. Your father has lost too much blood by the time he was sent to the hospital. We couldn't save him."

It was then, Raena's tears started falling.

"Appa..."

 

---

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter