MY #36

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"But thank you for telling me all of this, I promise to treat her better than you ever did."

Hyungsik was taken aback by Jaebum's blunt words, but managed a smile onto his face. He nodded in agreement before saying, "I'll get going then, it was nice to finally meet you."

JB watched him go and frowned, Raena had gone to the washroom for too long. He looked around to find her, but he couldn't see her. Shaking his head, he went towards the bathrooms to check on her.

 

"I told you, he'll choose me in the end. You'll never have a chance with him."

Raena rolled her eyes and left the washroom, not wanting to talk to Kyungri any further, but the girl came out and grab onto Raena's arm.

She whipped around, snatching her arm back from the girl. "What else do you want from me?!" Raena exclaimed at the empty corridor. "Okay fine, he chose you and ditched me. So what? What do you win? A prize? Hyungsik? Stop being so ridiculous and leave me alone!"

"Although I got him, his heart is still with you." Kyungri pointed out. "I want you to tell him that you are over him."

"Tell him I'm over him?" Raena scoffed. "Honey, I'm married! Why would you want a married woman to tell someone else's boyfriend that she's over him?"

She walked away and bumped into Hyungsik on the way out. She paused and looked up, facing the man who used to give her so much warmth in everything. The man who loved her like she was his only source of oxygen.

"R-Raena."

The ex-lovers were stunned for a second before Kyungri came up to them. She wrapped her arms around his arm and pressed herself against him, "Hey baby."

Raena couldn't help but let out a breath at how ridiculously protective she was acting towards Hyungsik. She gave him another glance before turning away.

He shot his hand out, holding her wrist lightly, "I have something to tell you, do you have time?"

"Yeah, spill." She nodded.

He turned to Kyungri, telling her to go into the ballroom while he spoke with Raena. She left them reluctantly but hid behind the wall to listen to them.

 

Silence enveloped Hyungsik and Raena as they looked at each other. She looked away, and he rubbed his neck.

"I'm sorry," he started. "I... I'm sorry."

Raena let out a soft breath mixed laugh, "Why are you apologising?"

"I broke your trust. I cheated on you. I-"

"Shh, it's in the past. No matter how much you apologise now, it's already too late. I'm married, and you're with Kyungri." She lowered her gaze. "I understood that you loved her, the moment I saw her in your house."

Hyungsik was puzzled, "You saw her in my house?"

"Yeah, you fell sick and I told you go back home after trying on the wedding dress." Raena explained. "I saw her coming down from your room... And I knew, I've lost."

"But... I fell asleep the moment I reached home. She did come over but I told her to leave before I went to bed. How could you have seen her?"

Dots started connecting in their heads, and a mutual understanding settled between them.

 

Hyungsik took in a deep breath, trying to suppress in anger when Raena touched his arm, "Don't blame her. She just fell in love with the wrong man at the wrong time."

"But she did this to us! To you!"

She shook her head, "Even if she didn't, you still cheated on me. You still went to another woman, we were bound to drift apart anyway in the future." She smiled up at him, "But I'm married now. No matter what happens, we can't be together."

Sighing, he wrapped his arms around her.

"It was a mistake, that day I ended up with Kyungri. That was the only time I wasn't faithful to you." He whispered into her ear and buried his face into her neck.

"I forgive you," she smiled, hugging him back. "We can still be friends. Who said ex-lovers can't be friends?"

He pulled away and gave her a beam, "Really?"

"Yeah sure!" She patted his cheek. "I would love to have an older brother like you. Oppa."

Hyungsik leaned over and kissed her forehead.

He sure did wrong... To cheat on such a forgiving and kind woman like Raena. He didn't cherish his chance when he was with her.

"What the hell?" Kyungri screeched and pulled Raena away from Hyungsik, sending her palm across her cheek.

 

Jaebum was standing at the corridor, watching Hyungsik and Raena hugging each other. His hands balled into fists, turning to the side.

His heartstrings were pulling so badly that he wanted to punch a wall. He forced himself to walk towards the ex-lovers to pull Raena away.

Jealousy kept bubbling in his stomach. It erupted when he saw Hyungsik kissing her forehead.

A thought sprang into his mind and he finally realised why he was feeling what he was feeling.

"I love her..." Jaebum whispered. "I love my wife."

He ran up towards them, only to see Kyungri slapping Raena. He let out a growl, "YAH!"

JB reached his wife's side in a second and pulled her into his arms. He cupped her face, carefully holding onto her hurt cheek. He then glared at Kyungri, "What the did you just do?"

Hyungsik pulled the fuming star away from the Im couple and peered at Raena in concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked and Raena nodded.

"What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter