MY #11

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you ready?" Jaebum asked.

Raena didn't have any shifts that day, but she waited outside the cafe nonetheless. She didn't want JB to come over to her place and risk getting seen by paparazzis and Hyungsik. She leaned against the wall, swiping on her phone and replying to Hyungsik's messages.

She looked up and saw Jaebum dressed in a blue dress shirt and black pants. She took a double take at how he managed to make something so simple look so... stylish.

"Why? Do I look good?"

Raena rolled her eyes, huffing at his question. "Whatever," she said.

"Let's go," he motioned her to his car. He opened the car door for her and she slipped into the car, not giving JB another look. He jogged over to his side and got into the vehicle. He glanced at Raena and then started the car.

 

---

 

Jaebum slowly rolled into the front spot of his father's place. He stopped and killed the engine. Raena alighted the car immediately, making JB look at her in surprise. He quickly scrambled out of his car and walked towards Raena. He held her elbow gently, but she pulled away from his hold. He squinted his eyes in doubt at her side profile, wondering what was wrong when the door opened.

"Hello, dear!" Elder Park came out of the house.

"Halmae," Jaebum greeted as his grandmother glanced at him and took Raena's hands. "This is Raena, my girlfriend."

"You're so pretty," Elder Park nodded at her grandson before pulling the younger girl into the house.

JB shook his head in amusement, locking his car and following after the two ladies. Elder Park brought Raena towards the living room and had her sit down. She called for the helper they had in the house to bring them water.

"What took you so long to come over? I've been waiting for so long to see you!" The older woman patted her hands. "Does my grandson treat you nicely? Where has he hidden you all this while?"

Raena peeked over Elder's Park shoulder, seeking for help from JB. He walked up to them, smiling. He placed his hands on his grandmother's shoulders before blinking once at his fake girlfriend.

"Halmae, you're gonna scare her off with your questions." He chuckled.

The helper came back with a tray of three glasses of water. JB took two of Raena and his grandmother before talking his own.

"Dear," Elder Park called for Raena's attention.

"Yes, Halmeoni?"

"Call me Halmae, like he and his sister does."

"Jaebum-ssi has a sister?" Raena asked, making JB widen his eyes and Elder Park looked at her in surprise.

"Jaebum-ssi?" She repeated. "Why do you sound so awkward with him?"

"Ah-" Raena slapped herself. "I tend to call him that to ."

 

A loud thumping down the staris towards them, before a voice called out, "Oppa!"

All three of them turned towards the sound and Jaebum grinned. He prepared himself and the little girl launched into his arms. Elder Park shook her head and slapped her granddaughter on her .

"There's a guest in the house, behave yourself." She chided.

JB laughed and Jaemin turned around, "I didn't know, Halmae."

The little girl looked up at Raena. The older girl stood up to introduce herself when she started to fidget in Jaebum's arms. She moved around, even her brother had to avoid her fists. "Jae," he started. "You are 12, not 2. I can't keep with your activeness. What's wrong?"

"She, she!" Jaemin pointed at Raena.

"Don't point at other people, it's rude." Elder Park got up.

Raena scanned Jaemin's face and a lightbulb went off in her head. Her eyes rounded, and she went up to the little girl.

"Eonni!" Jaemin finally managed to say. "You're oppa's girlfriend?"

"Are you alright? Did those girls hurt you on the way out?" She asked.

Jaemin slapped her brother's arms, asking him to put her down. The 12-year-old wrapped her arms around Raena's waist and pressed her chin on her stomach. She patted Jaemin's head and knelt down to face her level.

"Is your brother that famous to the point that he gets mobbed in the cafe?" She asked the little girl.

"Yeah, tell me about it."

Raena chuckled at the young girl's sassiness. She looked up and saw Jaebum and Elder Park gaping at her. Her brows started to furrow and she nodded her head at JB, asking him what's wrong.

"Jaemin just spoke to you," Elder Park pointed out. "Nicely."

Jaemin stuck her tongue out and Jaebum grabbed his sister, covering with his hand. Raena laughed, and he looked at her.

"You were the eonni that Jae said saved her?"

She glanced at JB, raising her brows at him, "Yeah. Why? Do I not look like a nice person?" She smiled.

 

A small warm feeling spread across Jaebum's chest. He was a family man, his father, grandmother and especially his baby sister meant a lot to him.

To hear that Raena saved his sister that day, he was impressed with the girl.

 

Elder Park noticed the way her grandson was staring at Raena and she chuckled to herself. Shaking her head, she reached for the girl and pulled her towards the dining table, "Come on, let's have lunch."

JB held his sister's hand and they followed after Raena. He sped up and Jaemin went off to her grandmother. He then pulled Raena's chair out for her, his hand was on a small part of her lower back as he guided her to her seat next to him.

"Thanks." She gave him a soft smile.

 

---

 

"What do you do for a living?" Elder Park asked over lunch. The helpers were serving them and Raena felt uncomfortable at people helping her.

"I work in a cafe," she replied, bowing again when the helper got a piece of shrimp onto her plate. She smiled at the helper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter