MY #19

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow, this is a big room for one person to sleep in." Raena was impressed at the level of comfort and space Jaebum's place had.

She was roaming around his bedroom when Evelyn walked into the room behind her. "Samo-nim, here's your luggage."

Raena spun around, shocked that the helper was behind her. She bowed in awkwardness and took the luggage. Evelyn bowed and left the room to get the soup Jaebum had requested her to do. Raena pulled her luggage to the sofa at the foot of the bed.

"Even a sofa in the room, how rich are you exactly?" She thought to herself.

She opened her luggage and fished for a new set of clothes, planning to wash up before heading to bed to catch up on some sleep when she realised that she didn't know which bathroom she was to use, and where the bathroom stuff were.

Thankfully, Evelyn came back with the bowl of soup.

"Samo-nim, here is a bowl of soup the kitchen mae in the morning." She said softly before setting the tray on JB's mahogany desk.

She was about to leave again but Raena stopped her.

"Uh..." She struggled with what to call the helper when she just smiled and bowed. "I'm Evelyn."

"Ah yes, Evelyn." Raena rubbed the back of her neck. "Where is the toilet? I would like to wash up."

"The bathroom in Mr Im's room is this way," she led the way while the older girl followed her. "The towels and bathing necessities are already placed in there for you. Do you want me to help you run the bath water?"

"No need!" She waved her hands wildly before clearing . "No need for that, I'm good. Thank you."

Evelyn hid her smile and bowed before leaving the room.

Raena entered the bathroom and saw a blue towel sitting on the shelf beside the sink, and saw all the things the helper had told her about. She set her clothes on the small sofa in the large toilet. "Another sofa?" She shook her head. "And a full length mirror. Wow."

 

---

 

Jaebum came into his room after settling his things and headed to his wardrobe. He shrugged off his jacket and took off his dress shirt, throwing them onto the chair next to him. He unbuckled his belt only to hear a scream coming from behind him. He spun around in shock and saw Raena behind him with her hands covering her face.

"What's wrong?" He asked, bewildered.

He took a step towards her just as she peeked through her fingers. She shut them again, and let out a squeal.

"YAH! Stay there!" Her voice was muffled. "Why are you undressed? Go put on a shirt or something!"

He chuckled and walked daringly towards her, his arms akimbo.

"Are you shy?"

She huffed and dropped her hands, "I'm not!"

When she saw him walking closer to her, she covered her eyes again. He laughed and reached into his closet to get a tanktop before throwing it on himself. He stood beside her and patted her shoulder, "I'm done. You can look now, wife."

Raena slowly lowered her hands and let out a relieved breath when she realised that he had left the room. She fell sitting on the bed and patted her chest, "Am I going to be staying in the same house as this idiot?"

"Hey, if you wanna talk about me, do it somewhere I can't hear." A teasing voice sounded behind her, making her turn.

Jaebum was standing near the doorframe, shaking his head.

"Rest well," he winked and closed the room door. "I'll wake you up when it's time." He said and walked off.

Raena slapped herself a few times and buried her face in the pillows in embarrassment. She then curled up under the blanket, with her small pillow over her eyes and fell into sleep almost immediately.

 

An hour later, Jaebum re-entered his bedroom and saw Raena under his sheets, sleeping only on the left side of the bed, furthest from the door. He sat on the bed next to her and laid down, his arm under his head and one of his legs bent. He glanced at the girl and closed his eyes.

 

An alarm started ringing somewhere two hours later, waking Raena up. She stirred in bed and creaked her eyes open. It was dark outside as the sun was setting and she felt a weight around her waist.

She was lying on her side, and an arm was under her head. Her vision was blurred since she just got up, but when they got clearer, she gasped.

Jaebum was asleep, in front of her. His arm was draped over the curve of his waist, his hand on her back. She wanted to move away from him but he held her firmly.

She froze as her eyes roamed all over his features.

She noticed how peaceful he looked when asleep. He wasn't like that tensed CEO Im image he always portrayed. She noticed many things while staring at the face in front of her.

He had two moles on the lid of his left eye. He had three piercings on his left ear. His nose was sharp and his lips were slightly parted in even breaths.

She stirred a little, making herself comfortable and felt him hugging her closer to himself.

She stopped moving and mumbled, "You know, if you're not such a stiff and uptight person, you're actually quite a looker."

"Thanks," he said with his eyes still closed. "How about you tell me that when I'm awake?"

Raena's jaw dropped a little, and nothing came out of her lips. He smiled and opened his eyes, his gaze boring into hers. "Why didn't you tell me you're awake?" He asked.

She clucked her tongue, shoving him away from her. She sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter