MY #30

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure you want to drive to the hotel?" Raena folded her arms as her husband dressed himself up.

It was 11 in the morning and Jaebum wanted to return to the office, he said he needed to hand the files he had read through and signed back to Jimin but the male was busy with his own work. He hung his tie around his neck as he buttoned his shirt.

Raena shook her head, walked over to him to help with his tie.

"I have to, love. It's a busy day today."

"But you're barely well enough, can you not go?" She whispered.

JB gave her a soft kiss on her forehead, a thing that developed overnight after the passionate kiss the day before. He pressed his palm on her small of her lower back and pulled her to his chest.

He sighed, "I know you're worried. But I'm fine, really."

He picked his bag up and headed towards the door, when she ran up to him.

"I'll do it for you, I have to head to the cafe anyway." She said.

"Cafe? Do you have a shift today?"

"Nope," she looked up at him. "I'm gonna go apply for a two-day leave."

"You don't have to take days off just to look after me, Rae." He gave her a soft pointed look. "I'm a man, I know how to care for myself."

"I'm your wife now, I should care for you. No matter man or not," she huffed.

He ruffled her hair, finding her cute at how she was trying to care for him.

"I'll be back really soon, then we can spend the entire day watching movies." He smiled at her, "Deal?"

"No deal." She snatched his bag away and dumped it on the kitchen's counter.

"Why not?" Jaebum whined, holding her hands. "I'm just going to pass the files and head right back."

 

Raena huffed, "I've not known you for long, but seeing how you worked last night and how you are dressed right now... It's safe to say that I know that you will be staying in the office after passing the files to Jimin. So in no way, I'm letting you drive to the hotel."

"But I'm the CEO of Asia's Best Hotel, I'll be able to handle it."

"You are soooooo stubborn~" She pointed out childishly. She stomped her feet, making Jaebum raise a brow in amusement.

She stared up into his eyes, "I don't care if you are the CEO of Asia's Best Hotel! I am your wife, my status is higher than yours!" She then stood up on her tippy toes, trying to look taller than Jaebum so that she could intimidate the man.

The said male eyed his wife from the corner of his eyes, his arms folded across his chest as he rolled his eyes playfully.

"Fine." He dropped his arms, loosening his tie. "I should listen to my wife or I'll have it bad for the rest of my life, right?"

Raena pinked, "But we aren't going to be married for long. One year, remember?"

A silence fell over them, as Jaebum stared at the top of Raena's head. An uncomfortable feeling settled inside him as he pondered over what she had said.

"Yeah... One year."

 

The wife grabbed her bag and took the files from Jaebum. She put on her shoes under her husband's watchful eyes.

"Are you sure you wanna do this for me?"

Raena nodded, taking her keys. "Now, change into something more comfortable and wait for me to come back, hmm?"

 

---

 

"Samonim."

The staff bowed down to Raena when they saw her. She bowed back awkwardly, not used to the fact that people are bowing to her.

She took the lift up alone, because one of the staff members told everyone to get out of the machine to let Raena have it.

When the lift reached the office level, she stepped out and fished for the files she had in her bag. Having it ready, she walked towards Jimin's desk.

On the way there, Raean heard a few of the staff members talking. She wanted to greet them but paused when she heard what they were talking about.

 

"Hey, samonim's in the building."

"Why do you think she's here when her husband's nto working?"

"I dunno. Anyway, I don't get what CEO Im sees in her. She's just a waitress at the nearby cafe."

"I know right?! And did you see the news yesterday? She got into a quarrel with high school students during her shift. High school students! How lame can she get? To argue with people younger than her."

 

Raena closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath before stepping before them, "Good morning."

The staff members were stunned into silence before they quickly bowed to her, hiding their faces from the girl.

She sighed inwardly, then forced a smile to her face. She side-stepped them and headed towards the corner where Jimin was working at.

 

"Hey Jimin."

The secretary stood up and nodded at Raena, "Hey. What brings you here?"

"I'm here-" she placed the files on his table, "to pass you these files. Jaebum read through them and sighed accordingly."

"Is that all?" He asked, eyeing the paper.

"Yeap," she nodded. "I'll be going now. I have s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter