MY #35

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh?" Jaebum let out a sound as he sat at the dining table, munching on his late breakfast while reading a message on his phone.

Raena came out of the kitchen with a jug of orange juice, and passed Jaebum's back before settling down beside him. She poured him a glass of juice before starting on her breakfast.

"Did something happen?"

He shook his head, handing the phone over to his wife. He picked his fork up and fed himself a piece of ham.

"There is a luncheon later on. I think it's for charity. Do you wanna go?" He asked.

Reading through the e-invitation, she slid the phone back to her husband, "Do you need me there?"

JB eyed her, "Do you want me to go stag?"

She turned and eyed him right back, "You could take this chance to go look for those single, pretty and y meimeis out there who fawn over you."

He cocked an eyebrow, an amused smile playing on his lips.

"So you are saying that it's alright for me to go look for meimeis?" He pointed out, trying to hide his smile.

Raena's heart skipped a beat at what he said. She shot him a shocked look, but quickly wiped it off her face. She cleared and shrugged, acting nonchalant.

"You can go if you want," she said, barely audible. She stood up and took her half-empty plate towards the kitchen. "I'm not stopping you."

 

Jaebum started chuckling when she left the table. He followed after her and saw her standing by the sink, washing the dishes. He inched up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

She jumped a little, and looked over her shoulder. She subconsciously leaned her back against his chest as she continued to wash the dishes.

"What are you doing?" She whispered, rinsing the pan.

He smiled against her ear and pecked it gently, "I was just playing with you earlier. No meimei will be as pretty or y as you are." He chuckled breathily. "Too bad you're not single."

Raena laughed, deciding to play along.

"Blame the man who put this ring on me," she sighed dramatically, moving away from Jaebum.

She turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Why don't we ditch your husband, and you come along with me?" JB winked. "This shall be our little secret."

"I don't know..." She moved closer towards him, their noses touching. "I don't feel good leaving my husband for another. I'm loyal, you know?"

 

Silence enveloped the both of them before they let out loud amusing laughter. He wounded an arm around her waist, and he kissed her cheek.

"Come on wife, just one luncheon. Go with me." JB whined, shaking her and nudging her with his hip.

"Fine," she giggled. "I'll go. But don't ever leave me alone."

"Wouldn't think of it."

 

---

 

"Wife! Are you done?" Jaebum called from his walk-in wardrobe. He was almost done with his outfit and he was now standing before the mirror, fixing his hair.

"I'm almost done, don't rush me!" Raena replied from the toilet. "Yah, Im Jaebum! Why did you pick this dress? It's so revealing!"

JB smirked to himself, buttoning his shirt.

The toilet door slid open, and he prepared himself to see Raena in the outfit he had picked for her. He took in a deep breath, and stepped out of the wardrobe with his jacket in his hand.

His jaw dropped when his gaze landed on the woman standing in front of him. He admired the beauty before chortling when he saw her covering her chest.

"What are you doing? Put your hand down."

She shook her head, eyeing her hands.

He walked towards her and lifted her hands from her chest and immediately, he felt his eyes pop out of its sockets.

"W-Wow..." He barely managed to utter. "You look amazing." His eyes ghosting over her cleavage.

She noticed his gaze and quickly covered her chest, shaking her head, "No, no, no. I'm changing out of this this."

Jaebum grabbed onto her wrist, stopping her from walking away. He spun her around, his palm on the small of her back. He gave her another once-over before leaning over to kiss her lips. He pulled away, leaving the girl a little dazed.

"It's fine, really. You look great." He complimented. "Really."

"But this?" She gestured to herself. "Isn't this too showy for a charity lunch?"

He chuckled, wearing his jacket. She had her hands on his lapels, making sure that her man was looking fine before they left the house. She patted his chest before smiling in content.

"Now, you look as good as I do, husband." Raena grabbed her clutch and pranced out of their bedroom.

Jaebum felt his heart race, his ears burning as his hands felt the place she had touched. A small smile worked on his face. A tingling feeling ran down his spine when he heard how she had addressed him as husband.

 

Raena glanced over her shoulder, letting out a deep sigh of relief and ran on her tippy-toes towards the living room. She leaned against the wall, her palm over her heart.

"Come on now, Kang Raena." She whispered to herself, patting her chest lightly. "You promised yourself that you'll never let anyone make your heart race anymore."

"But Jaebum is such a great man. He's nothing like Hyungsik." Her brain told her.

"I promised myself that I won't let Im Jaebum affect me. My heart won't beat for him."

She could feel her heart and mind in a fight.

"You know you like this guy." Her mind persuaded. "You know you like him. Come on, you guys are already married, just make it real."

"I don't like him," she argued.

"Stop lying to yourself. You know you like this guy."

"Fine, I do!" She let out a mutter before freezing up. "Oh my god, I do!" She let out a squeak and covered .

 

"Wife, I'm ready, let's go." Jaebum came down the stairs towards her. He placed his hand on her shoulder, shocking thr girl. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah..." She shied away from his gaze, her eyes landed on the hand on her shoulder. "I'm good. Let's go." She looked away from him and quickly slipped on her heels.

 

---

 

Jaebum had his arm around Raena's waist as they stepped into the ballroom of the luncheon. Before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter