MY #18

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A man outside your apartment.

Video.

Park Hyungsik.

Raena felt everyone staring at her, she opened but nothing came out of her lips. She was stunned by the question that she didn't know what and how to answer the question. 

Jaebum realised that her eyes were fluttering as her gaze darted to each of the reporters. He let go of her hand and held onto the back of her neck and pulled her towards him. He pecked her forehead and held her hand again.

"That man used to be my fiancée's ex boyfriend. He came over after knowing about our engagement. It seemed like he was upset that she was going to marry me." He replied instead. "Please erase that video. It's causing my wife distress."

The reporter nodded and sat down sheepishly.

JB eyed the girl and looked up at Jimin, who was seemingly worried for Raena. The boss nodded at the secretary and Jimin got back to the front, holding his hands out, "That will be all for today's press conference. Thank you all for coming."

 

Jaebum side-hugged Raena and they stood up. He gave the audience a quick bow and they rushed up to them, but Jimin was there to do crowd control. He and a few men barricaded the reporters from crowding around the couple, to give them enough space to head to their room.

 

"You alright?" He asked when they were in the lift.

"Yeah, I'm good." She nodded slowly. "Thanks for having my back."

"It's nothing, you're my wife now. So whatever happens to you, I'll be responsible for it." He ruffled her hair. "Don't mess up."

"Aish!" She muttered and pushed his hands off her head. A small smile worked on her lips, as a split-second chuckled left her lips.

"Why?" He caught the laughter. "Am I funny?"

"No." She put on her poker face and the lift doors open.

Raena hopped out of the lift and went towards the hotel room. She realised that she didn't have the card key and huffed, waiting for JB to come over to her. She folded her arms and leaned against the wall, facing the direction of the lift.

Jaebum realised that she was waiting for him, so he purposely slowed down his steps. She rolled her eyes, while he moved even slower. She shook her head and started smiling.

"Yah, faster. I'm hungry."

He chuckled and slow-jogged up to her. He whipped out the card and scanned it before opening the door. He bowed and motioned for her to enter the room, "Customer, here's your room."

She laughing and entered the room. He followed after her with a silly grin.

"Do you know how hard it is to see you smile?" He commented. "Ever since you came to my house..." He trailed off.

Raena stopped mid-laughter, ceasing all movement as her lips dropped.

"Ah," he slapped himself. "Sorry."

"It's okay. I should get over it." She nodded. "We're over anyway."

 

---

 

"Where are we going now?" Raena was staring out the window, her cheek resting on her fist. "Are you sending me home?"

"I'm sending you home," JB nodded. "But my home."

"Why?"

"We're engaged now remember? The media is going to be focusing on us until we get married. After which, they will still take notice of us." He kept his eyes on the road, his hands on the steering wheel. "We'll be under the spotlight for quite sometime."

"And that means we have to stay together?"

Jaebum nodded, turning to her and giving her a smile. "I'll be looking forward to living with you, wife. In my personal pad."

Raena shook her head and scooted away from him, "Yah! Staying together? In the same room? No no no. I'm not doing it. Send me home."

"If you are thinking of backing out, it's too late. The world knows how you look like now." He chuckled, giving her a cheeky side glance. "And staying in the same room? I didn't have that thought before, but now that you've said it... Why not?" He then winked at her.

"YAH!" She slapped his arm. "I'm definitely not sharing a room with you!"

Jaebum's hand flew to his chest and he coughed dramatically, "That hurts, wife."

"Shut up and drive," she rolled her eyes.

He laughed, "I was just joking. You can have the room, I'll sleep in the study."

"Ah?" She straightened. "No need! I''ll take the study, the room belongs to you."

"Wife," he rolled to a stop at the red light. "I'm the husband. I can take the hard way and sleep on the floor if you want to stay in the same room as I do. But you are still taking the bed."

"Fine, fine. You win." She threw her hands up in surrender. "But I need to get some clothes."

"You can always wear mine, I have lots of dress shirts at home."

"Shut up."

 

Jaebum stood outside the door while Raena fumbled to get her keys. They managed to avoid the reporters crowding around the entrance to the apartment building. She opened the door and threw her bag onto the sofa.

She placed her phone on the dining table and turned to Jaebum, "Make yourself comfortable. There's water in the fridge."

She then entered her room and reached for the luggage under her bed. She started packing while JB roamed around in the living room.

 

He went into the kitchen to grab himself a drink, and just as he passed the dining table, her phone started ringing. He paused and glanced at the screen.

"Wife, someone's calling you!" He called, reaching for the phone.

"Who's that?"

"Kang-Park JuNa."

"Leave it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter