MY #23

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Here's a toast to my best friend and his wife!" Jinyoung rose his glass of wine.

The other guests and the media had left, leaving the closer friends of the bride and groom behind to celebrate the marriage in the newlywed's room. Raena was sitting beside Jaebum, at the big round table, her friends at her side, his friends at his side.

"Thank you," Jaebum took a one shot from his glass and Jinyoung topped it up. "Thank you all for coming."

"You!" A semi drunk Hyeyoon got up, pointing her finger at Jaebum. "Treat my girl right, before I mess up your handsome face!"

JB glanced at Raena, who was getting a little tipsy. She was a lightweight, he could tell. She had a cute drunk smile on her face, while staring up at Hyeyoon.

"Of course! She's my wife, I'll definitely treat her well."

"You b-better!" The older woman sat back down before mumbling, "She's been through so much, she needs to have her happiness."

JB gave his new wife another look, but she was just sitting there, staring at the glass of wine she had in front of her, as if words were appearing on the surface. That silly smile still on her lips, but her eyes were tearing up.

"Thanks eonni, you're the best family I can ever have." She mumbled.

The sober people at the table started chuckling at how cute drunk Raena was. Jaebum looked at her, his heart swelling in pride.

Raena patted Hanbin's lap and the sober youngster looked at her.

"Bring Hyeyoon eonni back home for me." She looked at her feet while talking. "You both have to work tomorrow."

He nodded and got up. He patted Hyeyoon's arm and she followed suit. Raena wanted to walk them out but the older girl threw her arms around her.

"Stay here with your husband," she patted Raena's shoulder. "Have fun tonight."

Hanbin then waved to the people at the table and brought his boss out of the bar counter. Jaebum's friends are still around.

"Mark," Jinyoung called out. "Did you drive today?"

He nodded, putting down his glass of water down, "Why?"

"Drive me back, will you?" He chuckled. "Jungah's going to kill me if I drive back, tipsy."

"What about your car?" Jaebum asked.

"I'll leave it here and come for it tomorrow."

"So are you guys leaving already?"

Mark and Jinyoung nodded, standing up," We should let you both have your fun."

The boys shared a laugh and Raena got up. Jaebum s his arm around her waist and the both of them walked the door, sending his friends out.

"Be safe you two," Jinyoung laughed.

"Better not," Mark added. "Give us some children to play with."

Jaebum gave them a friendly punch on their arms before waving goodbye and shutting the door.

 

Raena pushed Jaebum away from her and started shuffling her feet towards the bedroom. He went back to the bar to finish up the last glass of wine while she tried to remove the dress she had on.

"Husband!" She called from inside the room.

"What?"

"Help me this, I can't do it." She whined.

Jaebum rolled his eyes and downed all the contents of the glass. He then staggered into the bedroom and saw Raena in front of the mirror.

"Help me," she flailed, trying to the back of her dress.

"Stop moving, wife." He grabbed her waist and forced her to stop moving.

She then collected her hair, bringing it over her right shoulder. Jaebum squinted his eyes, his hands shakily on her zipper. He slowly pulled it down, his fingers accidentally brushing against her skin.

He stopped halfway through and jumped back, "Done."

Raena then pressed the front of the dress to her chest, preventing it from falling off her body and turned around to Jaebum.

"Thank you, now shoo. I want to bathe and change." She closed her eyes and flicked her wrist, trying to get rid of him. "Shoo."

Jaebum pouted, being tipsy. "Wifffeeeeee," he childishly rolled his shoulders towards her. "It's our first night together officially as man and wife, why don't we have some fun like they said?"

She opened one eye and held her up finger up, wagging it. "No no no. Im Jaebum, get out. The room is mine, you can have the other one..."

Raena then pushed him with one hand, out the door and shut the door in his face. JB leaned against the door, knocking the door softly with his knuckles.

"Wifeee, open uppp. Wife!" He mumbled. "Im-Kang Raena open the dooorrr~"

Silence came from inside the room and he tried the doorknob. It wasn't locked and he entered the room again. He took off his jacket and pants before sleepily climbing onto the bed, falling asleep almost immediately.

Raena came out of the bathroom a while later, dressed in a large over-sized teeshirt. With her eyes half lidded, she dragged her tired body towards the bed and plopped down under the covers.

 

---

 

The next morning, a shrill ring of a mobile phone woke Jaebum up. He stirred awake and came face to face with a sleeping Raena in front of him. She was fitted snugly into his arms, her head nicely tucked under her chin.

Their arms where around each other and and their legs were tangled under the covers. He closed his eyes and pulled her closer to his chest.

That action woke Raena, alongside the ringing of the mobile phone. She moaned in her sleep, wanting to rest more.

"Turn it off..." She mumbled burying her face against his chest.

Jaebum rolled over and grabbed his phone. Raena hid her head under her pillow and curled her legs, bringing her knees up.

He swung his legs off the bed and sat up, scrolling his phone. His eyes widened and he leaped off the bed. Running across the room to the bathroom, he started to wash up and quickly showered.

"What's with the noise?" Raena groaned. "Let me sleep~"

She rolled over and grabbed the pillow Jaebum had used, hugging it.

 

After JB was done, he grabbed his stuff before bringing them to the living room. Putting them on the sofa, he went back into the room and patted Raena's shoulder.

"Wife, I need to go back to the office to attend some emergency meeting. I think you'll have to head home yourself."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter