MY #10

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raena's eyes cracked open due to the bright sunlight through her mesh window curtains. She felt a weight on the curve of her waist and heard soft breathing coming from behind her. She placed her arms on his toned ones around her waist, pressing her back closer to his chest.

She sighed and closed her eyes, feeling his arms tighten the hug. He buried his face into her hair.

"Are you awake, baby?" He asked huskily, his voice thick with sleep.

"Hmm," she hummed.

"Are you feeling better?"

She nodded. He sighed in relief and tangled their legs together. Raena shifted herself until she was facing him, "Oppa."

He opened his eyes, smiling. He pecked her nose, "What is it?"

"I'm sorry for bursting out yesterday," she started. "I was being unreasonable."

Hyungsik's smile fell. She sat up and he followed her actions. He rubbed her arm and she looked shyly at him.

"No, you're not." He shook his head. "You're not unreasonable. Stress got to me, and my words wasn't pleasant. I'm the one supposed to be apologising. You needed me but I was too busy."

She patted his arm, "I guess we've both got faults then?"

He laughed, making her smile. He then became slightly serious and held her hands, "What got you so upset yesterday?"

Raena looked up at him and saw that he was very worried for her. She shook her head, "I had an argument with Hyeyoon eonni yesterday." She mentally slapped herself.

I'll tell you next time, oppa. Sorry.

"Are you sure?" He asked, feeling that she wasn't being truthful.

"Yeah." She smiled. "But... Oppa, I have a question."

"Ask away."

"If in a couple," she started slowly. "one of them kissed another person, do you think they should tell their partner?"

Hyungsik stiffened slightly before shrugging his shoulders, "It depends. Why do you ask that?"

She got off the bed, turning away from him, "It's a hypothetical quesiton. I saw a drama yesterday and the storyline was that." She wore her house slippers and went towards the bathroom. "How about we spend the day at home?"

He nodded, reaching for his phone. He saw that he had a text and quickly swiped the notification away.

 

---

 

JB was forced to stay at home. After failing to bring Raena home the previous day, his grandmother had literally fired him, forcing him to stay away from the hotel. She made Jaemin keep an eye on her brother, and told her to notify her whenever her brother did something like leaving the house.

"Dad, help me on this. I have a lot of things to do by the end of this week." Jaebum complained to his father.

"I can't." He replied, not knowing what to do with his mother. "You promised your grandmother that you'll bring your girlfriend over for lunch. It's not my fault you didn't keep that promise."

"She's really hard to invite over, dad." He whispered under his breath.

"Well, if you want your job back, you better get that lady to come over. You know how your grandmother is like," Mr Im sighed.

Jaebum let out a frustrated breath, ruffling his hair. "I'll get her here tomorrow. I promise."

 

Jaebum went back to the study at his dad's place and tried to think of an idea to talk to Raena. He had already been enough of a creep to her. He kissed her on impulse, the biggest mistake.

"You are such an idiot, Im Jaebum!" He scolded himself. "How could you just kiss a lady like that?"

He thrashed around on his chair and slapped his cheeks. He sat upright and his eyes arrowed down at the lone rose sitting on his table. He picked it up and dropped it in the vase on his shelf.

"I have to go apologise to her." He made his mind up. "I have to."

 

---

 

"Are you feeling better, Hanbin-ah?" Raena spoke into her phone.

"I'm running a small fever, otherwise I'm fine. Sorry for bothering you, noona. But you'll have to take my shift tonight. Is that okay?"

Raena glanced over her shoulder, into the kitchen, where Hyungsik was whipping up a small snack for the both of them. She sighed and hummed into the phone, "Okay, but you owe me one."

"Sure thing, noona." A husky laugh sounded, then a cough followed.

"Rest well, you brat."

 

She walked over to her boyfriend and back hugged him. He patted her arms and continued with his cooking. She pressed her forehead on his back and said, "Oppa, I think I have to go the cafe tonight."

Hyungsik stopped what he was doing, he quickly turned around and pouted, "Really? Baby, you said we could stay home today. I even took the day off~"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." Raena took his hand, swinging it. "Hanbin's sick and Hyeyoon eonni is going to be too busy... Besides, I can take this chance to make it up with her."

He scanned her face and sighed, "Fine. Then I'll cook an early dinner for us before you leave for the cafe." He glanced at the clock. "Besides, it's close to 5pm, so dinner will be just right."

"But what are you going to do for the rest of the night by yourself?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter