MY #32

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raena stopped walking halfway down the beach, Jaebum pausing a foot away. Their hands were still linked as he turned to stand beside her. She was silent as she stared into the horizon. A soft smile played on his lips as he watched her.

I just wish this moment would last.

"The horizon's pretty, isn't it?" She said softly.

"Yeah it is." He broke out of his reverie and faced that far end of the sea.

"Can we just stay here?" She tugged on his hand. "I don't feel like having dinner anymore."

He chuckled, "If it makes you happy, let's stay here."

 

The both of them sat down on the soft, fine sand and let the water wash up against their feet as night feel. Unknowingly, they had been sitting there for the past 2 hours.

Jaebum took in a deep breath and felt a weight on his shoulders. He glanced down and saw that Raena had fallen asleep.

"Aigoo," he huffed, amused at how easily his wife fell asleep.

He gently moved around her and lifted her up in his arms. On instinct, even in her sleep, she wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her head against his chest.

He smiled and carried her all the back to their room.

 

Gently setting her down on the bed, he made sure she was comfortable before pulling the thin blanket over her. He sat on the bed, his gaze fixated on her sleeping face.

"Huh," he whispered. "You're actually quite a beauty, aren't you? When you're not bossing me around."

He then pressed his lips into a firm line before pecking her forehead.

"Sleep well, princess."

 

---

 

The next morning, Raena woke up, her stomach growling silently in hunger. She creaked her eyes open and immediately, her morning got a hundred times better.

Jaebum was sleeping beside her and they were facing each other. Her heart skipped a beat and she turned away, trying to calm herself. But he wasn't going to let her live.

The moment she turned, JB wrapped his one arm around her waist and pulled her towards his chest. He snuggled close to her, burying his face in her hair.

"Hmm," he hummed sleepily. "Good morning."

"G-Good m-morning," she stuttered, her ears started burning.

His cheeks lifted in a smile as he sat up groggily. He pulled her and she was lying on her back.

Jaebum hovered over his wife, lifting his hand to brush her hair from her face. Her hands were on her chest, in surprise. Her eyes were pinned on JB's every movement.

"Do you like breakfast in bed?" He asked.

Raena rounded her eyes in confusion before nodding her head.

"Okay," he kissed her nose. "Wait here."

He smiled at her again, climbing off the bed and rushing towards the door.

Raena sprang up from the bed, clutching her heart. Her face was heating up as the image of him hovering over her kept replaying in her head.

 

---

 

"Here you go, scrambled eggs and ham." Jaebum came back to the bed with a tray in his hands. "Breakfast in bed."

Raena laughed, swinging her legs off the bed as he took his seat beside her.

"You don't have to do this, you know?"

JB handed her the tray and gave her the utensils, "Come on wife, give me some credit. I'm trying to be romantic here."

She nodded, a blinding grin tugging on her lips. She leaned over and pecked his cheek, "Yeah fine. Thanks husband, for being so thoughtful."

"Anything for the woman I married," he winked.

 

After breakfast, they sat at the platform that connects from their resort room to the clear blue waters. Their legs were dangling in the water, feeling the coolness around their feet.

"So what do you wanna do in the afternoon?" He asked.

She shrugged, "You brought me here, shouldn't you have the itinerary planned out? Dear husband?"

JB chuckled, bumping shoulders with her. He glanced around, while she splashed the water with her feet. At the corner of his eye, he noticed that there were people near the beach, like there was a special event going on.

"Do you want to head over to the beach?" He asked. "I think there's a mass volleyball game going on."

"Beach volleyball?" Her ears perked up. She got up and pulled JB up with her. "Let's go!"

"Wearing that?" Jaebum asked.

She looked down and saw her outfit from last night. She smiled and scratched her head sheepishly, "Right."

"Let's grab a quick shower and get into something more beach-like."

 

---

 

Jaebum stood outside the resort, dress in a blue tank top, with bermuda jeans. He ran his hand though his tousled hair, slipping his other hand into his pocket.

"I'm ready." Raena appeared beside him and he gaped.

She was dressed in a pair of short jean shorts and a black cropped tank top, with her hair up in a messy bun. The cropped tank top revealed her  stomach. She had a pair of sunglasses sitting on her nose bridge while she handed Jaebum his pair.

"Let's go." She took a step forward but he reached for her wrist. "Yes?"

"Are you sure you want to wear something like this?" He eyed her getup from top to bottom, taking note of her exposed thighs and stomach. "You're revealing so much skin."

"Isn't that the purpose of wearing something suitable for the beach?" She asked, pulling Jaebum towards the beach.

 

"Do you wanna join in the fun, or just be by ourselves?"

Raena saw how people were having fun and decided to join in a friendly match of beach volleyball. JB followed her as she approached a player to ask if she could join. He turned his back a little to take his tank top off and hung it on their seats.

He turned back and saw that his wife had already entered the game, with the player behind her. He sat down, admiring the fact that his wife was having fun.

Seeing that smile on her face, was more than what he would have wanted.

 

Raena missed the first shot to her and it bounced off her wrists, making her wince at the impact. The player who had brought her into the game went up to her.

"Are you okay?" He laughed.

She chuckled and nodded, rubbing her sore skin. Her eyes trailed to his abs by accident before snapping her head up to meet his face. "I'm good..." She trailed off, not knowing what to address the man.

"Jackson." He smiled.

"I'm Raena."

"Hi Raena, let's start th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter