MY #6

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum returned home, ditching his work at the office. He figured he needed a break after that frightful experience with Ms Kim.

But when he stepped into his father's place, when he realised that Ms Kim was nothing.

 

---

 

"I'm home!" Jaebum greeted when he entered the house. He was told to come for soup, Jaemin had given him a call earlier.

He dropped his bag and removed his shoes.

"Halmae? Dad? Jae?" He called.

"Oppa! Dining room!"

JB shrugged off his coat and handed it to the butler. He stepped into the air-conditioned room and got a shock of his life.

His grandmother was talking to Ms Kim.

"Grandson! Come join us!" She waved him over and pointed at the seat next to Ms Kim. "Sit beside Jiyeon here."

JB eyed the girl and waved at him. He shook his head and headed over to the chair. He settled down, and was given a bowl of soup. He thanked the helper and felt Jiyeon's hand on his thigh.

He shifted, making her lift her hand from him.

"Jiyeon here was just telling us about your meeting earlier." Elder Park said. "She said you left after greeting her. How could you?"

"It's okay, halmeoni. He said he was busy." Jiyeon smiled. "It's okay, we can always have a next date, right? Jaebum-ssi?"

JB glanced at her and nodded, "Right, halmae."

Jaemin was snickering to herself, over her bowl of noodles. JB sent her a playful glare and she spoke up, "Appa, can we get a rottweiler?"

"Why?"

"I want a puppy, and it's just in case someone gets on my nerves." She smiled sweetly, eyes directed to Jiyeon.

Her brother chuckled. Their father nodded at his daughter, "I'll get you one."

"How about we set your next date right now? Since the both of you are here," Elder Park suggested.

"Halmae, I can't agree to this."

"Why not?"

"Because I have a woman in my life," he blurted, slapping himself in his mind. "So I can't agree to this date with Jiyeon-ssi."

Everyone at the table stopped moving the moment JB uttered those words.

Jiyeon's jaw dropped but she quickly gathered her senses. She glanced at the male beside her. She dropped her utensils and got up. She bowed, "Excuse me, I have something to attend, I'll take my leave."

Elder Park followed after her, sending the girl to the door. She bowed again, "The soup was wonderful. Thank you."

The moment the lady left the house, and the main door closed, Elder Park turned around and her voice filled the entire house.

"IM JAEBUM!"

 

---

 

Jaebum was shoved to a chair in his dark study, and a small light was shone onto his face. He winced at the bright light and shielded his eyes from the glare.

"Is this really necessary?" He asked.

"Who is the lady? Where does she work at? How old is she? How many people are there in her family? Where did you meet her?" Elder Park rained questions on him while his father watched him from the corner of the room.

"Why would anyone want to be your girlfriend?" Jaemin asked, genuinely curious. "All you think and do is work. And you just broke up, how did you get yourself a girlfriend so quickly?"

"Yah, you brat, don't interrupt your grandmother." Mr Park nudged his daughter.

"Answer me." Elder Park grabbed a nearby comb and poked JB on his chest.

"You asked so many questions, which am I to answer first?"

"First things first," the elder woman asked. "What's her name?"

JB panicked. His mind was sent into frenzy and he tried to recall a name belonging to a woman. Nothing came to his mind, he was about to make a name up when he remembered a certain person's name that he had heard in the passing.

"Raena." He said in confidence. "Her name is Raena."

 

---

 

Raena let out a sneeze and rubbed her nose. She reached for a piece of tissue and grumbled, "Who the hell is talking about me?"

"Who's talking about you?" Hyungsik came up beside her.

Hyungsik volunteered to cook for Raena. He knew they wouldn't be able to enjoy a date night out with her affected mood anyway. He stood next to her at the basin, drying the dishes she washed.

"I hope it's a handsome man." She .

"Yah yah yah, the only handsome man allowed to talk about you is standing right here." He trapped her in a headlock.

"Let go," she giggled, tapping his arm.

"Finally, you're laughing." He sighed heavily and dramatically. "You have no idea how my heart is handling your sadness, I almost died of worry~"

"Bluff!" She laughed. "Thanks oppa, for cheering my up everytime I'm down."

Smiling, he dropped his cloth and turned off the running water. He took the soapy dish from her and placed it in the basin. He grabbed her hands, wiping them with his cloth.

"What are you doing?" She asked, her voice soft. "The dishes are not done yet..."

"Shh, come here, follow me." He grabbed her hands, leading her towards the living room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter