MY #3

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Rest well, Princess.”

Hyungsik gave Raena a gentle kiss to her forehead before he watched her enter her apartment. He smiled to himself and gave his girlfriend’s back one last look before driving off.

 

Raena had just entered her place when her phone rang again. She glanced at her phone, that giddy smile still on her lips. It disappeared just when her eyes scanned the name.

Kang-Park JuNa

She let the device ring, until the ringtone ceased. Taking a deep breath, she switched the tone to vibration. She closed her eyes and went over to her room. She sat at her dressing table and began to remove her makeup.

The phone she left on the table started to vibrate, she eyed the caller ID as the phone continued to ring.

5 missed calls

Kang-Park JuNa

Raena turned back to her reflection and saw how vacant her eyes were. She hated that this always happened whenever that woman called her. It was annoying her to death.

 

---

 

JB was pouring over his work back at his office. Papers was scattered all over his imported desks. Files were stacked up at the his right side.

His phone started ringing and he absentmindedly reached for his mobile, answering it, “This is Im Jaebum.”

“Where are you?”

Jaebum straightened his back, stopping his work.

“Dad,” he greeted. “I’m in the office. Why?”

“Come to the restaurant we frequent. Now.”

“But Dad, I’m really busy.” Jaebum rubbed his face tiredly.

Suddenly, ruffling was heard and the caller switched. He heard a small giggle and a soft smile played on his lips.

“Im Jaemin, what are you trying to do?” He sighed in amusement. “Give the phone back to Dad.”

“Shirheo.”

“Im Jaemin…”

“I’m hungry, oppa. Daddy and Halmeoni wanna wait till you’re here to start dinner.”

“Tell them to start without me. I’m too busy. Next time?”

 

Jaemin shifted herself and turned away from her dad. The older man squinted his eyes at his daughter but she just stuck her tongue out at him.

“You better come,” the youngest Im threatened. “Or I’m telling Dad and Halmeoni that you almost got me in trouble today.”

 

Jaebum gasped playfully and warned, “You won’t dare. Im Jaemin.”

“Try me. You know I will do it, Im Jaebum.”

He dropped his pen and started packing, putting his phone on loudspeaker, “Fine. You little imp. Tell Dad and Halmeoni I’ll be there in 10.”

Jaebum ended the call and turned towards the door.

“Park Jimin!”

Running could be heard before the door to JB’s office opened. Jimin bowed quickly to his boss, “Neh, sajang-nim?”

“Get the car.”

Jimin knew what he meant and a knowing smirk appeared on his face.

“Jaemin managed to convince you to go for the dinner huh?”

JB looked up and Jimin immediately shut his mouth, but the playful glint still visible in his eyes.

“Park Jimin, I’m giving you 5 minutes to get the car. By the time I’m downstairs and I don’t see the Maserati, you can forget about coming with me.”

The younger male jumped and immediately dashed out of the office.

 

---

 

Jimin got out of the car and opened the door for Jaebum. They had just arrived outside the restaurant, a minute before 10 minutes were up.

“Hyung,” Jimin poked JB on his arm. “I got the car in 4 minutes and 20 seconds.”  He said as a matter-of-factly. JB smiled and just waved him over before the both of them walked up to the door.

 

The restaurant was completely empty apart from the three tables that were occupied. Jimin pushed the door open and Jaebum took his sunglasses off.

The sound of 20 chairs dragging across the floor as men from the 2 round tables got to their feet. They bowed towards Jaebum, “Young Master!”

JB gave them a nod and they sat down.

“Oppa!” Jaemin came prancing over to his brother.

He grinned and handed his sunglasses to Jimin before catching his sister in a hug.

“Hi, Jaemin-ah.” Jimin waved.

The girl smiled back, “Annyeong, No-Jam oppa!”

 

Jaebum stepped towards the main table, with Jimin behind him. He put his sister down and bowed swiftly to his dad and grandmother.

“Dad. Halmeoni.”

“You’re here, finally. Come sit down.” Elder Park said. “Jimin-ah, you too.”

JB settled down beside his dad while the younger male sat on his other side.

“Dad, what’s with all the men?” He asked, reaching for a piece of prawn. “I thought you stopped with these gatherings.”

“A simple dinner like this, it’s okay right? Besides, these boys deserve a nice dinner.”

“But the entire restaurant…”

“The owner wanted to thank me for letting him have this place.”

Jaemin and Elder Park faced the males, “Boys, start eating and stop talking about anything else.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter